LISTENING TO TAPE
1. Press the FUNCTION button to select "TAPE".
2. Press the STOP/EJECT button to open the cassette holder.
3. Load the cassette (Fig. 8).
After loading the cassette, push the cassette holder back into position.
4. Press the PLAY button to begin playback.
5. Press the STOP/EJECT button to stop playback at any time. Press it
again to remove the cassette.
When the end of the tape has been reached, automatic stop will be
Use the normal tape (TYPE 1).
Endless tapes cannot be used.
Do not use C-100 (or longer) tapes. They may jam in the mechanism.
Press the PAUSE button to temporarily stop playback or recording. Press
it again to resume operation.
Fast forward and rewind
Press the FFWD or REW button. When the desired location has been
reached, press the STOP/EJECT button.
LISTENING TO THE RADIO
1. Press the FUNCTION button to select "TUNER". The radio frequency
2. Select the desired radio band with the TUNER/BAND button.
3. Automatic tuning
Press the TU UP or TU DOWN button for at least 1 second to tune in
a station. The unit will scan up or down the band and receive the next
receivable station. Press the button again to continue.
The E or F button on the remote control can also be used.
Press the TU UP or TU DOWN button briefly until the desired fre-
quency is displayed.
To preset stations
Up to 20 stations for FM band, 12 stations for AM band can be preset.
1. Tune in the stations to be preset as described above.
2. Press the MEMORY button.
3. While "PROG." is blinking, press the PRESET button to select the
channel to be preset.
4. While "PROG." is blinking, press the MEMORY button. "PROG."
In this example, "103.25 MHz" FM station is preset on FM chan-
The number buttons on the remote control can also be used. In
this example, press 0, then 9 after the step 2 above.
5. Repeat steps above to add more preset stations,
When presetting a new station, the previous preset station is
Listening to preset stations
1. Press the TUNER/BAND button to select FM, AM.
2. Press the PRESET button to select the desired channel number.
The number buttons on the remote control can also be used.
Press two number buttons within 2 seconds.
Preset scan tuning
1. Press the TUNER/BAND button to select AM or FM.
2. Press and hold down the PRESET button for at least 1 second.
The preset stations are selected in sequence for approximately
five seconds each.
3. Press the PRESET button when the desired station has been selected.
Preset scanning will stop.
To receive FM stereo broadcasts (Remote control only)
Make sure that "MONO" is not displayed. If "MONO" appears, press the
FM MODE/REPEAT button to turn the "MONO" indication off.
" appears when an FM stereo broadcast is received.
If the signal from an FM stereo station is weak and reception is poor,
press the FM MODE/REPEAT button to change to the MONO mode.
The reception may be improved, but the sound will be monaural.
Recording copyright material without permission of the copyright owners
is usually an infringement. If you wish to re-record copyright material,
permission from the copyright owner is necessary . SANYO does not
approve of, and cannot be held responsible for, any unlawful use of this
Recording compact discs (Synchronous recording)
1. Load a blank cassette.
2. Select "CD" function.
3. Load the disc to be recorded.
Select the track number if required.
For programmed recording, programme the material in advance
(as described under "PROGRAMMED PLAY").
4. Press the REC button. The PLAY button is engaged simultaneously
and CD recording starts.
When you want to record music as you listen, press the REC
button. Recording starts automatically from the beginning of the
5. Press the STOP/EJECT button to stop recording.
When the end of the tape is reached, the CD player and deck stop
Recording from the tuner
1. Load a blank cassette.
2. Tune in the radio station to be recorded.
3. Press the REC button to start recording.
4. Press the STOP/EJECT button to stop recording.
When beat interference is heard
Beat (a high-pitched noise) may sometimes be heard during the record-
ing of radio broadcasts. If this occurs, while the MEMORY button is
pressed, press the TU UP button at the same time to select bc-1 or bc-2.
Select the setting that gives the best result.
Safeguards against accidental erasure
Accidental erasure can be prevented by breaking out the tabs on the end
of the cassette tape (where the tape is not exposed) using a screwdriver
or similar implement (Fig. 9).
If a tab is broken out in error and you wish to re-record the tape, simply
block the tab hole using adhesive tape and the tape can be used for