• The position of the symbols may vary, depending on the
mode and the selected functions.
Voice activation is on
• When voice-activated recording is enabled, recording will
start when you begin speaking. When you stop speaking,
the recorder will automatically pause recording after
three seconds of silence, and resume only when you begin
speaking again. Voice-activated recording, p. 18.
b Recording quality:
c Recording profile:
• The recording profile presets recording parameters such
as recording quality and file format, microphone sensibility
and the microphone mode. Profile, p. 25.
d Edit mode:
Append recording ( Review recording, p. 14)
A foot switch is connected to the docking station
• The recorder can be used for hands-free recording and
transcription by connecting the optional Philips foot switch
to the docking station. Hands-free recording and
transcription, p. 20.
Battery charge level
• The bars indicate the battery level. When the recorder is
charged, the bars keep scrolling until charging completes.
g The priority level of the recording is set to 'high' ( File
lock and priority, p. 19)
• The recording is marked finished and protected from
being deleted. File lock and priority, p. 19.
i Recorder status indicator
j Position indicator of current playback/recording
k Sensitivity level indicator for voice-activated recording
( Voice-activated recording, p. 18)
l Current function of the function key F1, F2, F3
m Level meter indicator
n Keyword area