Power Supply Preparations
Using rechargeable batteries
Be sure to recharge the rechargeable batteries before using them.
Insert the rechargeable batteries.
* Insert the battery as you push it in the indicated direction.
Do not forcibly open the battery lid too wide.
Connect the AC adaptor (supplied).
AC power outlet
DC IN jack (DC IN 4.5 V
Recharging will be completed after 10 hours.
About MP3 files
MP3 File Compatibility
• This player can read MP3 files that are recorded in the format that is compliant with ISO 9660.
• The player can read or play an MP3 file with the extension code —".mp3".
• Group/track title can be displayed.
• ID3* tags can be shown on the display.
* An MP3 file can contain file information called "ID3 Tag" where its album name, artist, title, etc. are recorded.
This player can handle only one-byte characters. Any other characters cannot be correctly displayed.
Playing order of MP3 files
The illustration below shows the normal playing order of the MP3 files. You will see that the MP3 files are played back in the order from the
higher hierarchy to the lower one.
When recharging is complete, unplug the
AC adaptor from the AC power outlet and
the DC IN jack.
• Rechargeable batteries have a service life of approximately
300 charge-discharge cycles. If the operating time on one full
charge becomes noticeably shorter than it used to be, the batteries
have reached the end of their service life and should be replaced.
• You can recharge the batteries only when the unit is turned off.
• The AC adaptor and rechargeable batteries may become warm
while recharging is in progress. This is normal and is not a
If the battery lid compartment comes loose
Slide the lid back into place horizontally.
Using the AC adaptor (supplied)
Connect the AC adaptor.
Refer to "Using rechargeable batteries" for connection instructions.
Even if the unit is turned off, small power is consumed as long as
the AC adaptor is connected to the AC power outlet.
Using dry-cell batteries (not supplied)
After disconnecting the AC adaptor, insert two "AA" (LR6) alka-
The procedure for inserting and removing dry-cell batteries is
identical to that rechargeable batteries.
This indicator lights when the batteries are almost out of power.
Power will be shut off a short while later.
Turning off the Anti-Shock Protection (see page 6) will save the
battery power more or less. (Available for an Audio CD only)
If the unit malfunctions or freezes during use,
disconnect the AC adaptor and batteries. Then,
connect the AC adaptor and batteries, and oper-
ate the unit again.