Universal Relay Controller Installation O7/O9 Universal Relay Controller Cable Assembly
O7/O9 Universal Relay Controller Cable Assembly
1. Remove the cap nut of power cable gland assembly, and insert the power cable through the
cap nut and neoprene seal in the cable gland body. Use power cable with either AWG 6 or
AWG 8 only (recommended OD range of cable is 5.5 mm to 9 mm) that is able to withstand
80 A and 50 A respectively, to ensure water sealing of the controller. User can decide to
install one or two power cables based on the requirements. The power cables (A+) are not
2. The loose end of the power cable with cable strip length 7.94 mm (5/16") is then placed on
the power lug and secured down by a set screw. The cap nut is then reassembled with
tightening torque 18 lb-in.
3. The other end of the power cable should be connected to circuit breaker (Motorola part
number 40012006001) end which indicates "AUX" and then, to power supply on the other
end which indicates "BAT", instead of connecting to power supply directly.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to install the second power cable, if required.
5. If only one power cable is installed, it is recommended to cover the other side of the power
cable gland with power cable gland seal with tightening torque 18 lb-in.
1. Remove the cap nut of ground cable gland assembly, insert the ground cable through the cap
nut and then reassemble the cap nut. Use ground cable with AWG 14 only (recommended
OD range of cable is 2 mm to 4 mm) that is able to withstand 5 A. The ground cables (A+) are
NOTE: The ground is used to switch the relays, and not act as a ground to the actual device being
2. The loose end of the ground cable with cable strip length 7.94 mm (5/16") is then connected
to a two-pin terminal block. Both pins on the terminal block are inter-connected and either pin
can be used. The cap nut is then reassembled with tightening torque 7 lb-in.
Figure 3-3. Power and Ground Cable Glands
Ground Cable Gland
Power Cable Gland