How to Discharge the Capacitor on Flash P.C.B.
1. Be sure to discharge the capacitor on FLASH P.C.B..
2. Be careful of the high voltage circuit on FLASH P.C.B. when servicing.
Before disassembling, perform "6.4. Forced full flash emission" for discharging capacitor.
The capacitor also can be discharged according to the following procedures.
1. Refer to the disassemble procedure and Remove the necessary parts/unit.
2. Put the insulation tube onto the lead part of Resistor (ERG5SJ102:1kΩ /5W).
(an equivalent type of resistor may be used.)
3. Put the resistor between both terminals of capacitor on FLASH P.C.B. for approx. 5 seconds.
4. After discharging confirm that the capacitor voltage is lower than 10V using a voltmeter.