Pre-ride inspection (PRI)
For your safety, it is very important to take a few moments
before each ride to walk around your scooter and check its
condition. If you detect any problem, be sure to address it im-
mediately, or have it corrected by your KYMCO dealer.
Improperly maintaining your scooter or failing to cor-
rect a problem before riding can cause a crash in which
you can be seriously hurt or killed.
Always perform a pre-ride inspection before every ride
and correct any problems.
1. Engine oil level: Add engine oil if required (page 24). Check
2. Tires: Check condition and inflation pressure (pages 24 & 25).
3. Fuel level: Fill fuel tank when necessary (page 26). Check
Front and rear brakes: Check operation, making sure there
is proper free-play at the left lever, and that there is brake
fluid in the front brake fluid reservoir (pages 27 through
5. Steering: Check for smooth operation in all steering posi-
tions (page 30).
6. Instruments: Make sure the speedometer, fuel level gauge
and indicator lights function (page 31).
7. Lights and horn: Check that headlight, tail/brake light, turn
signals, indicators and horn function properly (pages 31 & 32).
8. Chassis: Check for overall proper function (pages 32 & 33).
Performing pre-ride inspections does not take the place
of regular maintenance. Follow the maintenance sched-
recommendations on pages 42 - 44 of this
After one month of use or 200 miles (300 km) of riding,
which ever occurs first, contact your KYMCO dealer to
perform an initial service on your scooter.
This initial service is the most important service in the
life of your scooter, and includes checks and adjust-
ments that will help ensure that your scooter operates
efficiently and safely.