Adding brake fluid:
1. Remove the two Phillips screws retaining the master cylin-
der cap. Remove the cap.
2. Add the specified type of brake fluid to bring the level above
the "MIN" level in the window 4 (
3. Wipe the master cylinder cap and gasket with a clean cloth
and reinstall the cap, tightening the screws securely.
Brake fluid type:
Do not mix brake fluid types. Doing so may cause brake
failure and could result in an accident.
Do not allow brake fluid to touch the scooter's body
work, as it will damage the painted surface.
Brake lever & shoe adjustment
Your scooter requires the proper lever free-play and brake
shoe adjustment so the rear brake will be responsive and will
not drag, causing premature wear to the brake shoes.
Note: The free-play is the measured distance between the
brake lever at rest and the point at which the brake first
begins to engage (see page 29).
1. Measure the free-play at the left brake lever end 5:
0.4 - 0.6 in (10 - 20 mm).
see image on prior page
0.4 - 0.8 in
5 5 5 5 5
(10 - 20 mm)
2. Adjust the rear brake free-play so the pointer on the brake
arm is within the adjustment range markings on the trans-
mission case (see page 29 & 30).
4. Use the cable end adjuster to set the free-play (see page 30).
Make sure the rear wheel turns freely after free-play
adjustment so the brake will function properly and
not wear prematurely.
If the brake arm pointer is outside of the adjustment
range markings, the brake shoes must be inspected
and may need to be replaced. If your scooter requires
brake shoe replacement, see your KYMCO dealer for