1. SAFETY PRECAUTIONS In the interest of safety, please observe the following precautions: POWER REQUIREMENT This system is designed for operation on 120V AC or 220V-240V, 50/60Hz AC. Never connect to any outlet or power supply having a different voltage or frequency. WARNING: THIS APPARATUS MUST BE EARTHED.
BE CAREFUL WITH THE PRINTING UNIT Don't move the unit while the drawer is open. This may cause injury. Be careful not to catch your finger in the printing unit while the drawer is being closed. CONNECTION CABLES Only use the cables provided. INSTALLATION LOCATIONS MAINTAIN GOOD VENTILATION Ventilation slots and holes are provided on the top, sides and bottom of this unit.
CAUTION ON RELOCATING When transporting this unit, make sure it is not likely to be subjected to impacts. They can be a prime cause for damage. Also, make sure to disconnect the power cord from the power outlet, and all cables from the devices.
3. PRINTER SETUP Before printing a photo, install print paper and ink cassette. UNLOCK THE PRINTING UNIT See CP900DW(ID) operation manual for details. 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 RELEASING THE PRINTING UNIT LOCK Press down the knob to pull out the tray. 2 2 2 2 2 Shift the printing unit lock switch to the right (UNLOCK).
3 3 3 3 3 Remove the seal, and insert the edge of the print paper arrow marks right below the roller cover with arrow marks towards the front panel. Make sure to insert the paper straight. 4 4 4 4 4 Feed the print paper through the paper outlet by hand.
2 2 2 2 2 INSTALLING THE INK CASSETTE 1 1 1 1 1 Eliminate any slack of the ink sheet. Hold the colored roller and turn the white roller. 2 2 2 2 2 Insert the ink cassette with the ink sheet into its compartment.
Make sure to turn off each device when connecting. After connecting the cables, make sure to set the cover over the terminals on the camera. (See page 21 for removing and setting the cover.) 900D-ID Flash (option) 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1...
5. TAKING A PICTURE You can take up to four pictures (without Compact Flash), and choose the best one. 1 1 1 1 1 FEED&CUT RESET COPY Connect the camera and the printer. 2 2 2 2 2 Turn on the printer. The camera is also turned on.
6 6 6 6 6 Press EV button to adjust brightness when taking picture. E X P. EXP. is displayed. MULTI COLOR NOTE • If FLASH : OFF is selected on CAPTURE menu, EV is displayed. 4 D a 7 7 7 7 7 Press T (+) or W (-) button to adjust the brightness.
C C C C C Switch the camera to PLAY mode to print a picture. MULTI COLOR PRINT Press CAMERA/PLAY button. D D D D D Select the image to be printed. Press T (+) or W (-) button to select the image. MULTI COLOR PRINT E E E E E...
6. PICTURE QUALITY ADJUSTMENT ADJUSTING PICTURE QUALITY Adjusting the image source first is the key to get maximum picture quality. 2 2 2 2 2 CAMERA ADJUSTMENT Always adjust the camera setting first. Only after you are sure that the camera is providing the best picture quality and color balance, should you adjust the printer setting.
7 7 7 7 7 Change EXP. CENTER value. Repeat increasing the EXP.CENTER value by 5 starting from 260. (Use T(+) button to increase the value.) Take a picture and check the brightness in the picture at every increase of the EXP.CENTER value. As the EXP.
2 2 2 2 2 ADJUSTING THE COLOR OF IMAGE (WHITE BALANCE) Default setting is flash light W.B. If you are not satisfied with this setting, please proceed as follows. 1 1 1 1 1 Place a piece of white paper in front of the camera and display it to cover the LCD.
7 7 7 7 7 Press T(+) or W(-) button to select LOCK and press SET button. L O C K LOCK menu appears. R E C A L L < B A C K 8 8 8 8 8 Press T(+) or W(-) button to select IN and press SET button.
2 2 2 2 2 FINE-ADJUSTING OF COLOR 1 1 1 1 1 Press SET button for more than 3 seconds. M E N U MENU is displayed. C O L O R S H A R P L C D C A P T U R E M O D E T R I M...
8 8 8 8 8 Select <EXIT and press SET button to go back to CAMERA mode. If you wish to reset the settings, select RESET. Then select YES and press SET button. 4 D a...
C C C C C 8 8 8 8 8 PRINT BUTTON Displays the source image, Press to print an image. memorized image, multi mode, color 9 9 9 9 9 or B/W setting number and memory position. Normally, this LED is green. It blinks D D D D D in red during reading or writing an CF SLOT...
MENU ITEMS The MENU is used to set the following items. The settings can be saved or changed by pressing SET button. Adjusts white balance. COLOR Adjusts color of the print image. SHARP Adjusts image outline. Adjusts color and brightness of the LCD CAPTURE Sets flash and shows the settings made by an installer.
6 6 6 6 6 Press SET button. The item “a” opens. C O L - a H U E S T E P T E S T P R I N T < B A C K 7 7 7 7 7 Press T (+) or W (-) button to select an item.
This menu is used to adjust white balance of the camera. LEVEL Sets the color temperature. When the value is lower, the L E V E L color becomes reddish. When the value is higher, the M A N U A L color becomes bluish.
When LCD is on B/W mode, the following items are displayed. B / W - a C O L - a Adjusts the yellow color of print image. Adjusts the magenta color of print image. H U E Adjusts the cyan color of print image. S T E P T E S T •...
MODE Selects the resolution. M O D E : <1.6m HS When the distance between the camera and the object < 1 . 6 m is less than 1.6m, the resolution sent to the printer > 1 . 6 m becomes 800*600 pixels in case of 1 and 2-multi prints.
USER Sets the print area of the image. Sets the print area of the left side. Sets the print area of the right side. Sets the print area of the top side. Sets the print area of the bottom side. Multi Maximum print size Setting at factory shipping Print size...
9. TROUBLESHOOTING ERROR MESSAGES AND COUNTERMEASURES If for some reason printing is not possible or error occurs during printing, the error message will appear on the LCD of the camera and the monitor. In this case, follow the procedure described below. Error messages Causes Countermeasures...
Error messages Causes Countermeasures Printer busy Any button is pressed during data Wait until the printing is completed. transfer. No image for this The PRINT button is pressed when Take a picture to store it in the MODE no picture data is stored in the memory.
BEFORE CALLING FOR SERVICE Use the following troubleshooting chart to resolve any apparent defect in operation. If you are unable to resolve the problem, unplug the power cord and contact your dealer. Causes Countermeasures No power • Is the power cord plug disconnected from the outlet? Connect the power cord plug to the outlet firmly.
10. SPECIFICATIONS Printer Camera Printing method Sublimation Dye thermal Image pickup device 1/2.7 type CCD No. of effective pixels 1636H x 1236V (2,022,096 pixels) 3 colour faces progressive printing (yellow, magenta and cyan) Video signal PAL colour system Print quality Dot resolution max.1676x1280dots Digital signal Data format Y, C (JPEG) / RGB...