1. SAFETY PRECAUTIONS In the interest of safety, please observe the following precautions: POWER REQUIREMENT This system is designed for operation on 120V AC or 220V-240V, 50/60Hz AC. Never connect to any outlet or power supply having a different voltage or frequency. WARNING: THIS APPARATUS MUST BE EARTHED.
BE CAREFUL WITH THE PRINTING UNIT Don't move the unit while the drawer is open. This may cause injury. Be careful not to catch your finger in the printing unit while the drawer is being closed. CONNECTION CABLES Only use the cables provided. INSTALLATION LOCATIONS MAINTAIN GOOD VENTILATION Ventilation slots and holes are provided on the top, sides and bottom of this unit.
CAUTION ON RELOCATING When transporting this unit, make sure it is not likely to be subjected to impacts. They can be a prime cause for damage. Also, make sure to disconnect the power cord from the power outlet, and all cables from the devices.
2. UNPACKING Take the unit out of the box by the following procedures. Make sure to check the contents. PRINTER Open the top of the box. Remove the accessory box. Remove the cushion above the unit. Take the unit out of the box carefully. Make sure to keep the unit horizontal.
3. PRINTER SETUP Before printing a photo, install print paper and ink cassette. UNLOCK THE PRINTING UNIT See CP900DW(ID) operation manual for details. RELEASING THE PRINTING UNIT LOCK 1 Press down the knob to pull out the tray. 2 Shift the printing unit lock switch to the right (UNLOCK). INSTALLING PRINT PAPER Do not remove the seal on the print paper yet.
3 Remove the seal, and insert the edge of the print paper arrow marks right below the roller cover with arrow marks towards the front panel. Make sure to insert the paper straight. 4 Feed the print paper through the paper outlet by hand. 5 Pull both sides of the print paper to eliminate slack.
INSTALLING THE INK CASSETTE 1 Eliminate any slack of the ink sheet. Hold the colored roller and turn the white roller. 2 Insert the ink cassette with the ink sheet into its compartment. Put the ink cassette with flat top side to each 1. Then, set the other side (with handle) as shown right.
4. CONNECTION CABLE CONNECTION Connect the components as follows.(example) Make sure to turn off each device when connecting. After connecting the cables, make sure to set the cover over the terminals on the camera. (See page 21 for removing and setting the cover.) Flash (option) To AC LINE...
5. TAKING A PICTURE You can take up to four pictures (without Compact Flash ), and choose the best one. 1 Connect the camera and the printer. 2 Turn on the printer. The camera is also turned on. CAMERA mode 3 Switch the camera to CAMERA mode.
6 Press EV button to adjust brightness when taking picture. EXP. is displayed. NOTE • If FLASH : OFF is selected on CAPTURE menu, EV is displayed. 7 Press T (+) or W (-) button to adjust the brightness. To make an image brighter, increase the value. To make an image darker decrease the value.
C Switch the camera to PLAY mode to print a picture. Press CAMERA/PLAY button. D Select the image to be printed. Press T (+) or W (-) button to select the image. E Print the image. Press PRINT button. Refer to page 14 to get maximum quality of your pictures. Printed image Deleting the memorized images (when using a Compact...
6. PICTURE QUALITY ADJUSTMENT ADJUSTING PICTURE QUALITY Adjusting the image source first is the key to get maximum picture quality. CAMERA ADJUSTMENT Always adjust the camera setting first. Only after you are sure that the camera is providing the best picture quality and color balance, should you adjust the printer setting.
7 Change EXP. CENTER value. Repeat increasing the EXP.CENTER value by 5 starting from 260. (Use T(+) button to increase the value.) Take a picture and check the brightness in the picture at every increase of the EXP.CENTER value. As the EXP. CENTER value increases, the image gets brighter, however, the image stops getting brighter at a certain value.
ADJUSTING THE COLOR OF IMAGE (WHITE BALANCE) Default setting is flash light W.B. If you are not satisfied with this setting, please proceed as follows. 1 Place a piece of white paper in front of the camera and display it to cover the LCD. Place the white paper at the actual position of a person who is taking a picture from the camera.
7 Press T(+) or W(-) button to select LOCK and press SET button. LOCK menu appears. 8 Press T(+) or W(-) button to select IN and press SET button. The camera automatically starts adjusting white balance, and completes setting in a few seconds. 9 Repeat pressing T(+) or W(-) button to select <BACK then press SET button to finish the white balance setting menu.
FINE-ADJUSTING OF COLOR 1 Press SET button for more than 3 seconds. MENU is displayed. 2 Press T(+) or W(-) button to select COLOR. 3 Press SET button. The COLOR menu is displayed. If B/W button on the camera is pressed, B/W menu is displayed.
8 Select <EXIT and press SET button to go back to CAMERA mode. If you wish to reset the settings, select RESET. Then select YES and press SET button.
7. FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS CAMERA (FRONT) 1 FLASH SOCKET 2 LENS CAMERA (REAR) 3 T (+) BUTTON Press to zoom up an image or select a menu item. On PLAY mode, use to select the memorized picture. 4 EV BUTTON Press to change the exposure in Flash ON mode.
C LCD 8 PRINT BUTTON Displays the source image, Press to print an image. memorized image, multi mode, color or B/W setting number and memory 9 LED position. Normally, this LED is green. It blinks in red during reading or writing an D CF SLOT image in a Compact Flash.
MENU ITEMS The MENU is used to set the following items. The settings can be saved or changed by pressing SET button. Adjusts white balance. COLOR Adjusts color of the print image. SHARP Adjusts image outline. Adjusts color and brightness of the LCD CAPTURE Sets flash and shows the settings made by an installer.
6 Press SET button. The item “a” opens. 7 Press T (+) or W (-) button to select an item. 8 Press SET button. “R” is selected. The value being changed blinks. 9 Press T (+) or W (-) button to change setting. A Press SET button.
This menu is used to adjust white balance of the camera. LEVEL Sets the color temperature. When the value is lower, the color becomes reddish. When the value is higher, the color becomes bluish. 4000K 4400K 4800K 5200K 5600K 5800K 6000K 6200K 6600K...
When LCD is on B/W mode, the following items are displayed. Adjusts the yellow color of print image. Adjusts the magenta color of print image. Adjusts the cyan color of print image. • On B/W mode, test print is not available. SHARP Adjusts the sharpness of the image.
MODE Selects the resolution. <1.6m HS When the distance between the camera and the object is less than 1.6m, the resolution sent to the printer becomes 800*600 pixels in case of 1 and 2-multi prints. The printing speeds becomes faster. <1.6m HQWhen the distance between the camera and the object is less than 1.6m, the resolution sent to the printer becomes as follows.
USER Sets the print area of the image. Sets the print area of the left side. Sets the print area of the right side. Sets the print area of the top side. Sets the print area of the bottom side. Multiple prints with L size ink sheet If you print multiple images with L size ink sheet, the images are printed as follows.
SUB MENU SLEEP Selects whether the LCD is turned off or not when any camera operation is not carried out for more than 5 minutes. LCD is turned off when any camera operation is not carried out for more than 5 minutes. Press SET button to be active the camera.
OPTIMUM SETUP FOR THIS SYSTEM 0.3m 0.3m 1.5m to 2m EFFECT OF BACK FLASH • The back flash reduces the shadow behind the subject. Without back flash With back flash...
9. TROUBLESHOOTING BEFORE CALLING FOR SERVICE Use the following troubleshooting chart to resolve any apparent defect in operation. If you are unable to resolve the problem, unplug the power cord and contact your dealer. Causes Countermeasures No power • Is the power cord plug disconnected from the outlet? Connect the power cord plug to the outlet firmly.
10. SPECIFICATIONS Printer Camera Printing method Sublimation Dye thermal Image pickup device 1/2.7 type CCD 3 colour faces progressive printing No. of effective pixels 1636H x 1236V (2,022,096 pixels) (yellow, magenta and cyan) Video signal PAL colour system Print quality Dot resolution max.1676x1280dots Digital signal Data format Y, C (JPEG) / RGB...
Name of Importers Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. Benelux Branch Nijverheidsweg 23 A, 3641 RP. Postbus 222, 3640 AE Mijdrecht Phone 02972-82461 FAX 02972-83936 French Branch 25, Boulevard des Bouvets - 92741 NANTERRE cedex Phone (01) 55.68.55.00 FAX (01) 126.96.36.199 German Branch Gothaer Strasse 8, 40880 Ratingen ;...
OPERATING SP MENU 1 Press CAMERA/PLAY button to switch the camera to CAMERA mode. In CAMERA mode, mark is displayed on the upper right of the LCD. 2 Press SET button for more than 3 seconds. MENU is displayed. 3 Press COLOR and MULTI buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.