Wi-Fi Status Indicators
The following icons indicate the Wi-Fi connection status:
Displays when Wi-Fi is connected, active, and
communicating with a Wireless Access Point (WAP).
Displays when Wi-Fi is active and there is an available
open wireless network.
Displays when Wi-Fi Direct is active and configured for a
direct connection to another compatible device in the
same direct communication mode.
Displays when Wi-Fi Direct is active and
Manually Add a New Network Connection
1. From the Wi-Fi network screen, tap Add Wi-Fi network.
2. Enter the Network SSID (the name of your Wireless Access
3. Tap the Security field and select a security option. This must
match the current security setting on your target WAP.
4. Enter your WAP's password if the WAP is secure.
5. Tap Save to store the new information and connect to the target
Note: No prompt to enter the WAP key displays if this is the second
time to connect to a previously accessed or secured wireless
network. The WAP key is required when the device is reset
using factory default settings.