L T E S M A R T P H O N E User Manual Please read this manual before operating your phone, and keep it for future reference.
Intellectual Property All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned by or which is otherwise the property of Samsung or its respective suppliers relating to the SAMSUNG Phone, including but not limited to, accessories, parts, or software relating there to (the “Phone System”), is proprietary to Samsung and protected under federal laws, state laws, and international treaty provisions.
Samsung device. During the testing, the device is tested with the security solutions to see if the solutions work with the device as...
Samsung device. For more information about Samsung's SAFE™ program, please refer to www.samsung.com/us/safe. Disclaimer of Warranties: EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THEIR STANDARD END USER LICENSE AND WARRANTY, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., SAMSUNG TELECOMMUNICATIONS AMERICA, LLC, AND...
©2013 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Do you have questions about your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer a new FAQ/ARS System (Automated Response System) at: http://www.samsung.com/us/support.
are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. CS Headphone and WOW HD technologies are incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc. ® ® , DivX , DivX Certified and associated logos are trademarks of Rovi Corporation or its subsidiaries and are used under license.
Making a Call from the Address Book ..39 Creating a Samsung Account ....11 Answering a Call ......40 Creating a New Google Account .
Message Search ..... . 103 Samsung Hub ......74 Messaging Settings .
Section 8: Changing Your Settings ..112 Camera ......173 ChatON ......173 Accessing Settings .
GPS ....... . 203 Samsung Hub ......186 Emergency Calls .
Section 12: Warranty Information ... 214 Standard Limited Warranty ....214 End User License Agreement for Software . . . 219 Section 13: Samsung Product Registration ........... 225 Index ............226...
Section 1: Getting Started This section explains how to start using your phone by first 2. Lift the cover up (2) and away from the phone (3). configuring your hardware, activating your service, and then setting up your voice mail. Setting Up Your Phone Prior to use it is necessary to install both the battery and SIM into their corresponding internal compartments.
Important! The plug-in SIM card information and its contacts Note: If the card is not inserted correctly, the phone will not can be easily damaged by scratching or bending, detect the SIM card. Re-orient the card back into the slot so be careful when handling, inserting, or if the SIM is not detected.
Removing the Memory Card data between SD-compatible devices. This type of memory card is designed for use with this mobile phone and other 1. Push on the memory card until it clicks and is released. devices. 2. Grasp the memory card and remove it from the phone. Installing the Back Cover Note: Your phone has been tested to support up to a 64GB memory card.
Your device is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery. The may power off and on continuously, preventing Travel Charger that is used to charge the battery, is included proper operation. with your device. Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers.
Warning! If your handset has a touch screen display, please note that a touch screen responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger. Using excessive force or a metallic object when pressing on the touch screen may damage the tempered glass surface and void the warranty.
3. To switch off the phone, press and hold , until the Device options screen displays. An active Samsung account is required to begin accessing applications such as ChatON and Samsung Link. 4. Tap Power off to switch off the phone.
Creating a New Google Account Setting Up Your Voice Mail 1. From the Home screen, tap , then tap In order to utilize your device to the fullest extent, you will need to create a Google™ Account when you first use your 2. Follow the tutorial to create a password, record a device.
Over 750,000 Apps available to download • Android v 4.3, Jelly Bean Platform • Access to Movies and TV Shows with Samsung Media Hub • Includes GALAXY S III Premium Suite upgrade • Full Integration of Google Mobile™ Services (Gmail, YouTube, •...
Front View of Your Phone 1. LED indicator: displays red when charging, green when fully charged, blue when powering up, and orange when a notification has arrived. 2. External speaker: allows you to hear the caller. 3. Application icons: you can place shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
Side Views of Your Phone 8. Home screen indicator: shows which Home screen is presently displayed. 9. Google Quick Search bar: a shortcut to Google Search that allows you to search for items on the internet. 10. AccuWeather screen: displays Time, Day, Date, Temperature and weather conditions for your area.
Rear View of Your Phone 1. 3.5mm Headset jack: allows you to plug in headphones. 2. Volume keys: allow you to adjust the ringer volume while in standby mode or adjust the voice volume during a call. When receiving an incoming call, briefly press down either volume key ( to mute the ring tone.
Display Layout Displays when a call is in progress. Your display screen provides a wealth of information about the phone’s status and options, as well as providing access Displays when a call is on hold. to application icons. For more information, refer to “Front View of Your Phone”...
Displays when your connection to an EDGE network Displays when updates are available for download. is active. Displays when your phone is communicating with Displays when the phone is connected to a the EDGE network. computer via a supported USB cable connection. Displays when your connection to a UTMS, HSDPA, Displays when the phone i s tethered via a HSPA, or HSPA+ network is active.
May also Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified display if there is a communication issue with the device using the Samsung Link application. target Wireless Access Point (WAP). Displays when TTY device has been inserted.
Accessing Additional Panel Functions Displays when you have not yet set up a Samsung In addition to notifications, this panel also provides quick and Account. ready access to separate device functions. These Quick Displays when an emergency call is taking place.
Widgets 3. Tap to use Google Voice Search. For more information, refer to “S Voice” on page 185. Widgets are programs that execute when added to a Home Application Icons page panel. AccuWeather Widget Apps icons located on Home page panels provide quick The AccuWeather widget displays time, date, and weather access to the applications you use most frequently.
Managing Shortcuts 3. Tap Apps to display your current applications. 4. Scroll through the list and locate your desired Shortcuts activate a feature, action, or launch an application. application. Note: You can move a shortcut from one Home screen page to 5. Press and hold the application icon.
Adding and Removing Primary Shortcuts Creating Application Folders You can create application folders to hold similar applications You can change any of your primary shortcuts with the if you wish. exception of the Apps shortcut. To create a folder follow these steps: 1. Press to return to the main Home screen page.
Changing the Wallpaper Adding a Widget 1. Press to return to the main Home screen page. You can change the Wallpaper (background) of your home 2. Navigate to the desired Home screen page. screen pages by following these steps: 1. From any Home screen page, press and hold on an 3. Press and hold on an empty area of the Home screen empty area of the screen.
Moving Home Screen Panels 4. Drag it to the Remove trash can icon located at the bottom of the screen. Your phone comes with seven Home screen pages. You can arrange the pages in any order that you want. 5. If there are shortcuts or widgets on the Home screen panel you want to delete, the Delete home screen page To move a Home screen page, follow these steps: prompt displays.
4. Press to return to the main Home screen page. 3. Tap the Multi window entry to activate the feature. The icon turns green when active. You can now add items to your new Home screen page. Using the Multi Window 4.
Customizing the Multi Window apps To move the tab: 1. Activate the Multi window feature. The applications found within the apps panel of the Multi 2. In a single motion, touch and hold the tab window can be organized by either being rearranged or removed.
4. Tap Done once you have completed the removal Note: Only applications found within the Multi-window panel process. can be active atop another current application on the To restore a Multi window application: screen. 1. Activate the Multi window feature. When launching applications that contain multimedia files (music/video), audio from both files will be played 2. Tap the tab to display the apps panel (containing the...
To switch the arrangement of To split the current applications: App #1 Split/Maximize the applications: 1. With the two applications shown in a split screen, tap 1. With the two the Border bar to show the on-screen icons. applications shown in a 2.
Back Key • Capturing the screen Panning Press Back to return to the previous screen, option or step. To pan, press and hold a selected icon, then move the device Terms used in this user manual to the left or right to reposition it to another page. You must first activate Motion on your device.
Turn over The following is a description some of the most commonly used gestures: Turn your phone over so that the screen faces downward. For example: • Mute incoming calls and playing sounds by turning your phone Double tap to top - Go to Top of List over.
• Pan to move icon: Once enabled, press and hold a desired Tilt to Zoom In and Zoom Out application shortcut icon or widget on the screen. Once it detaches, move the device left or right to migrate it to a new location.
• Palm touch to mute/pause: Once enabled, you can pause any on-screen video or mute any current sound by simply covering Palm swipe to the screen with your hand. Once you remove your hand from the Screen Capture screen, the device goes back to normal by either continuing to play the current video or unmuting the current sound.
Home Screen Overview 2. Sweep the screen left or right to access the other two menus. The main home screen is the starting point for many applications and functions, and it allows you to add items 3. Tap one of the application icons. like application icons, shortcuts, folders, or Google widgets Note: As you add applications, the number of Application to give you instant access to information and applications.
to go to the Task manager. 2. Your SD card is scanned to see the available information on it. – or – Unmounting the SD card to go to Google Search. Unmounting the SD card prevents corruption and damage to –...
Erasing Files from the SD card You can erase files from the SD card using the phone. 1. Ensure the SD card is mounted. For more information, refer to “Mounting the SD Card” on page 35. 2. From the Home screen, tap Settings Storage.
Section 3: Call Functions Making an International Call This section describes how to make or answer a call. It also includes the features and functionality associated with 1. From the Home screen, tap , then press and hold making or answering a call. .
Dialing a Recent Number 4. Select Add wait to add a wait. A wait will pause the calling sequence until you enter a number or press a All incoming, outgoing and missed calls are recorded in the key. Call log. If the number or caller is listed in your Address Book, the associated name also displayed.
Making an Emergency Call without a SIM card 4. The Speed dial setting screen displays showing the 1. Tap Emergency call from the on-screen display to make numbers 1 through 100. The number 1 is reserved for an emergency call. Voicemail.
Answering a Call When a call is received the phone rings and displays the caller’s phone number, or name if stored in the Address Book. At the incoming call screen: 1. Touch and drag in any direction to answer the call. 2.
Dialing Options A list of recent calls displays. If the number or caller is listed in your Address Book, the associated name From the Home screen and Application menus, you have the displays. option to access the Dialer and initiate a call by tapping Phone Keypad.
Calling Back a Missed Call To call back a missed call number: 1. From the Home screen, tap Logs. A list of recent calls displays. If the number or caller is listed in your Address Book, the associated name displays. 2.
3. At the New message screen, tap the empty text field and use the on-screen keypad to type in a message. Add as new contact 4. When you are done with your message, tap Update an existing send. contact Call the number Send a message For more information, refer to “Creating and Sending Messages”...
4. At the Add to reject list prompt, tap OK. Press the Up volume key to increase the volume level and press the Down volume key to decrease the Future calls from this number are rejected and sent to volume level. voicemail.
Placing a Call on Hold • Speaker: routes the phone’s audio through either the speaker or through the earpiece. You can place the current call on hold at any point during a – Tap Speaker to route the audio through the speaker. (You can conversation.
Switching Between Calls Tap Ending call with "Name/Number" to end the first call. When you have an active call and a call on hold, you may switch between the two calls, changing the one on hold to 3. To switch between the two calls, tap Swap. active and placing the other on hold.
This feature joins all of the calls you have established with your phone (both active and on hold) into a multi-party call. 1. Tap and slide to the right to answer the call. 2. Tap and slide to the right to answer the next call. 3. Tap Putting "Name/Number"...
Switching off the Microphone (Mute) Searching for a Number in Address Book 1. During the active call, press then tap Contacts. You can temporarily switch your phone’s microphone off, so that the other person cannot hear you. 2. Tap the Address Book entry. For further details about the Address Book feature, see Example: You wish to say something to person in the room, “Finding an Address Book Entry”...
Call rejection 3. Tap Save to save the reject message. Answering/ending calls 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Call rejection. 2. Tap Auto reject mode and tap one of the following 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Answering/ending options: calls.
Call alerts Additional settings 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Call alerts. 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Additional settings. 2. Tap Call vibrations to enable your phone to vibrate 2. Tap one of the following options: when the called party answers the phone. •...
Using Fixed Dialing Numbers Changing the PIN2 Code 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Additional settings Enabling FDN Fixed dialing numbers. 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Additional settings Fixed dialing numbers. 2. Tap Change PIN2. 2. Tap Turn on FDN. 3. At the prompt, enter your old PIN2 code.
Ringtones and keypad tones Noise reduction 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Ringtones and This option allows you to suppress background noise from keypad tones. your surroundings during calls. 2. Tap Ringtones, select a ringtone, and tap OK. From the Call settings screen, tap Noise reduction to 3. Tap Vibrations, select a vibration type, and tap OK.
Voicemail settings TTY Mode You can view or modify your voicemail number from this A TTY (also known as a TDD or Text Telephone) is a menu. telecommunications device that allows people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or who have speech or language disabilities, 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Voicemail settings.
There are three text input methods available: Shift • Delete Samsung keyboard (default): Samsung’s on-screen QWERTY keypad that can be used in both portrait and landscape orientation. • Swype: a new way to enter text on touch screens. Instead of...
The available Text Input modes are: Sym and Abc. Symbol/Numeric Mode: activates the number, symbol, and emoticon keys. ABC Mode: activates the default alphabet keys. Can also be set to Abc or abc by using the shift key. 3. Tap the desired alphabetic characters. Note: When in Abc mode, the Sym button displays.
QWERTY keyboard. on page 99. 1. To turn Predictive Text on or off, tap Settings Language and input. Note: You can also use Predictive Text mode in the portrait 2. Tap the icon next to Samsung keyboard. orientation. Entering Text...
Samsung Keyboard Settings Swype™ is a text input method that allows you to enter a For information on how you can configure your Samsung word by sliding your finger or stylus from letter to letter, keyboard settings, see “Samsung Keyboard settings” on lifting your finger between words.
• Move your finger or stylus over the apostrophe to enter contractions. The Samsung keyboard is the default text input method, so • to use Swype, you must first change the default keyboard Double-tap on the word you want to change to correct a setting.
4. At the Speak now prompt, speak clearly and distinctly into the microphone. 5. The text displays in the message as you are speaking. 6. Tap to send the message. Note: The feature works best when you break your message down into smaller segments.
Section 5: Contacts and Your Address Book This section allows you to manage your daily contacts by You can also manage your Address Book on the web storing their name and number in your Address Book. at http://www.att.com/addressbook. Synchronizing your AT&T Address Book Address Book entries can be sorted by name, entry, or group.
5. At the Your AT&T Address Book is Ready for Use prompt, • Take picture: use the camera to take a new picture and assign tap OK. it to this entry, then tap Done. Your Contact list displays. • S Memo: Capture a cropped image from an S Memo and Adding a New Contact assign it to this entry.
7. Enter the phone number. 13. Tap to add another address field or tap delete a field. to add another Phone number field or tap to delete a field. 14. Tap Groups to assign the contact to a pre-defined group (Not assigned, Favorites, ICE - emergency 8.
Adding Pauses to Contact Numbers Editing an Existing Contact When you call automated systems, you are often required to When editing an existing contact, you can tap a field and enter a password or account number. Instead of manually change or delete the information, or you can add additional entering the numbers each time, you can store the numbers fields to the contact’s list of information.
Finding an Address Book Entry 3. Tap the contact you wish to call or message. You can store phone numbers and their corresponding 4. Tap the phone icon to make a phone call or tap the names onto your SIM card and phone’s onboard memory. message icon to send a message.
Linking Contacts For more information about synchronizing accounts, see “Synchronizing Accounts” on page 67. Linking Contact Information 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts Many people now maintain multiple email accounts, social 2. Tap a contact name (the name you want to link to networking logins, and other similar account information.
Marking a Contact as Default 5. Tap area under the Connection bar to view the contact information you linked. The contacts and information When you use messaging type applications, the application displays with an icon next to the contact name to needs to know which information is primary (default) in a indicate what type of account information is contained contact entry list.
Synchronizing Accounts 7. Select another account to be synchronized. – or – From the Accounts menu you decide if you want applications to synchronize, send, and receive data at any given time, or if Tap Add account to add another account to you want the applications to synchronize automatically.
Wi-Fi Direct. – Service numbers: allows you to display or edit your service • Accounts: allows you to add and manage your Samsung, numbers. ChatON, Email, Facebook, Google, LDAP (Lightweight Directory – Contact sharing settings: allows you to send all or individual Access Protocol), and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync contacts via Bluetooth in the form of name cards.
Groups • Separate contact: allows you to separate contacts that have Adding a Contact to a Group been linked. This option only appears if the contact has been previously linked. 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts • Mark as default: when you have multiple contacts linked 2. Tap a contact that you would like to add to a group.
Creating a New Group 8. Tap Done. 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts Groups 9. Tap Save to save the new Group category. Editing a Caller Group Create. Groups 2. Tap the Group name field and use the on-screen To edit a Group entry, there must be at least one member as keyboard to enter a new group name.
Address Book Favorites Adding Frequent Contacts to Favorites 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts Once you have stored phone numbers in the Address Book, Favorites you can add them to yo ur Favorites list. Favorites Favorites 2. Within the Frequently contacted list, press and hold a To view your Favorites lis t: contact that you want to add to your Favorites list From the Home screen, tap Contacts...
Managing Address Book Contacts 5. At the Copy to SIM display, tap OK. The selected numbers are copied to the SIM card. You can copy, delete, and view the memory status for the Copying Contacts to the Phone Phone and SIM contacts on your phone. Copying Contacts to the SIM Card 1.
Deleting Contacts from the SIM card 4. Tap OK at the Delete prompt, to delete the contact or tap Cancel to exit. 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts Using the Service Dialing Numbers SIM Management. 2. Tap Delete Contacts from SIM. You can view the list of Service Dialing Numbers (SDN) The phone displays a list of your current SIM contacts.
Gallery, Camera, and Camcorder. your downloaded rental or purchase. Samsung Hub Samsung Hub makes it easy to find, sample, and purchase Important! The Samsung account manages the access movies, TV shows, books, games, and music, in one user- information (username/password) to several friendly location.
4. If notified your Samsung account is not yet active or • The Overview screen (landing page) displays an main access verified, tap OK. You must be signed in to your for all available categories and recently available content for Samsung account to use the application’s various...
• You must finish watching Media Content within the time limit set concurrently on up to five (5) devices with Samsung Hub (or “the out for each piece of content (which may be as short as 24 service”) that are also registered to the same account.
Media Content to your TV using HDMI connections; Samsung Link otherwise, you cannot play Media Content downloaded from your 2. Tap Sign in to sign into your Samsung Account if you mobile device output. have not already done so.
Configuring Samsung Link Settings • Password lock: allows you to restrict access to Samsung Link by requiring a user enter the currently active and associated Samsung Link must first be configured prior to its initial use. Samsung account password. Move the slider to the on position...
Wi-Fi. 4. Once the process is successfully completed, the Web storage icon or name appears in the Web storage area 1. Launch Samsung Link on the target device (such as an of the main screen. Internet TV, Samsung Tablet, etc.).
8. Confirm (Samsung Link Controller enabled) Note: You must be signed in to your Samsung Account before appears in the Notification area at the top of the device you can use this feature. to indicate you are using your device as the media source.
Assign the current song as a Favorite. begin playback. Streams the current music file to another device 4. The following Music controls are available: via Samsung Link. Pause the song. Start the song after pausing. Press and hold to rewind the song. Tap to go to previous song.
Music Options Music Settings To access additional options, follow these steps: The Music Settings menu allows you to set preferences for the Music app such as whether you want the music to play in 1. While in Music, press the background, sound effects, and how the music menu 2.
Adding Music to a Playlist • Smart volume: automatically adjusts each track’s volume to an equal level. To add files to the playlist: • Voice control: allows you to use voice commands to control 1. From the Home screen, tap Music the Music app.
Editing a Playlist 3. From the main Play Music screen, you can tap any of the following tabs for a more detailed listing of songs: Besides adding and removing music files in a playlist, you Playlists, Recent, Artists, Albums, Songs, and Genres. can also rename the playlist.
2. The Play Store displays the Mobile TV application. Tap 3. The following video controls are available: Update. Pause the video. 3. Tap Accept & download. Start the video after being paused. 4. Tap Open. Press and hold to rewind the video. Tap to 5. Read the Terms and Conditions and tap Accept &...
For photos, you can also perform basic editing tasks, view a slideshow, set photos as wallpaper or contact image, and For more information on downloading videos for your phone, share as a picture message. see “Samsung Hub” on page 74. Play Movies & TV 1. Tap Gallery All of the Albums that hold your pictures and videos will With Google Play Movies &...
Viewing Pictures 1. Tap a video to select it. 1. From the main gallery, press Slideshow to see a 2. Tap to play the video. slideshow of all of your pictures. 3. Press for additional options. 2. Tap a thumbnail to view a single picture. For video player controls, see “Video”...
Important! Neither device must be in Lock mode or displaying Note: If the Touch to beam screen does not appear on the the Lock screen. They must both be active and source device: unlocked. It is recommended that the target device - Pull them apart be on the Home screen.
5. From the Touch to beam screen, tap the reduced image Note: When taking a photo in direct sunlight or in bright preview to begin the transfer. conditions, shadows may appear on the photo. 6. When prompted, separate the two devices. 7. The picture(s) is transferred to the other device.
Camera Options 6. Press the Camera key ( ) until the shutter sounds. (The picture is automatically stored within your Options are represented by icons across both sides of the designated storage location. If no microSD is installed, screen. all pictures are stored on the Phone.) For more information, refer to “Camera Options”...
• Shooting mode: allows you to set the shooting mode to Share shot: uses Wi-Fi Direct to share your one of the following: pictures quickly with your friends. • • Single shot: takes a single photo and view it before HDR: takes pictures in HDR (High Dynamic Range) returning to the shooting mode.
Settings: Effects: allows you to change the color tone or apply special effects to the photo. Options include: No effect, Edit shortcuts: allows you to set shortcut icons for the Cold vintage, Warm vintage, Posterize, Solarize, Green settings that you use the most. point, Blue point, Red-yellow point, Washed out, Burst shot: allows several photographs to be captured Cartoonify, Black and white, Sepia, or Negative.
Settings (continued): Anti-Shake: reduces image blur due to the movement of the subject of the photo or hand movement. White balance: allows you to set this option to one of the following choices: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shutter sound: allows you to set the Shutter sound to On Incandescent, or Fluorescent.
Viewing your Pictures • Selection mode: provides several on-screen selection options such as: Select area, Inverse selection, Selection size, and After you take a photo, you can access various options from Selection mode (Magnetic, Lasso, Brush, Round, and Square). the Image Viewer. The Image Viewer uses your Gallery. For more information, refer to “Gallery”...
• Set as: assigns the currently saved image as either a: Contact Portrait: allows you to apply various face photo, Home and lock screens, Home screen, or Lock screen. correction effects such as: Red-eye fix, Airbrush Using the Camcorder face, Face brightness, Out-of-focus, Beauty face, Funny face, or Spot healing.
4. Using the phone’s main display screen as a viewfinder, 11. Once the file is saved, tap the image viewer, then tap adjust the image by aiming the camcorder at the to play your video for review. subject. 12. Press to return to the viewer.
Recording mode: allows you to set the recording mode GPS tag: allows you to turn GPS On or Off (also known to: Normal, which is limited only by available space on as Geotagging). The location of where the video is the destination location and to Limit for MMS, which is taken is attached to the video.
Effects (continued): Storage: allows you to configure the default storage location for images or videos as either Phone or Timer: allows you to set a timer for how long to wait Memory card (if inserted). before taking a video. Options include: Off, 2 sec, 5 sec, and 10 sec.
Section 7: Messaging This section describes how to send and receive different The Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) lets you send and types of messages. It also includes the features and receive multimedia messages (such as picture, video, and functionality associated with messaging. audio messages) to and from other mobile phones or email Types of Messages addresses.
4. Tap the Enter message field and use the on-screen Note: The main Home screen initially contains the Messaging keypad to enter a message. For more information, refer icon. If you delete it, or if you want to access to “Entering Text” on page 54. Messaging from another Home screen, you must tap 5.
• Locked messages: displays a list of your locked messages. • Scheduling: allows you to assign the current message for scheduled delivery at a designated time. • Scheduled messages: displays the scheduled messages folder and its contents. • Discard: allows you to delete the message. Adding attachments to a message •...
• Record audio: allows you to temporarily exit the message and • Contacts: allows you to add the name and phone number of record an audio clip using the phone’s microphone. It is then any of your contacts to your message. automatically attached to the message.
Message Threads Deleting Messages Deleting a single message thread Sent and received text and picture messages are grouped into message threads. Threaded messages allow you to see 1. From the main Home screen, tap Messaging all the messages exchanged (similar to a chat program) and 2.
3. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter a word or phrase Text message (SMS) settings: to search for, then tap • Manage SIM card messages: allows you to manage the 4. All messages that contain the search string you messages that you have stored on your SIM card. entered display.
– Free: you may add any content to the message. Notification settings: • MMS alert: alerts you on screen when your message changes • Notifications: allows you to see message notifications on your from a SMS to an MMS message. status bar.
Creating a Microsoft Exchange Email Account • Block unknown senders: blocks messages from any sender that is not listed in your Contacts list. Use the following procedure to configure your phone to Using Email synchronize with a Microsoft Exchange email account. 1.
10. Press Settings to change the account settings. 3. Tap the Email account you would like to switch to. You Creating Additional Email Accounts can also select Combined view which displays email messages from all accounts. To create additional email accounts after setting up your first 4. The new Email account displays.
Creating a Gmail Message • Newer: swipe your screen to the right to see newer messages. 1. From the Gmail Inbox, tap at the bottom of the • Older: swipe your screen to the left to see older messages. screen to create a new message. 3. Press to select one of the following additional 2. Enter the recipients Email address in the To field.
Other Gmail Options Tap Add account to create another account. 1. Tap at the bottom of the screen to refresh the 4. Follow the on-screen instructions to use Google+. screen, send and receive new emails, and synchronize 5. Visit www.google.com/mobile/+/ for more information.
183. Account” on page 11. – or – 3. At the Welcome screen, read the information and tap Tap Skip if you have already signed in to your Samsung Continue or tap Learn More to receive more account. information. Messaging...
3. Enter your real name and tap 4. Follow the on-screen instructions to add a buddy and begin your chat session.
The Settings are divided into 4 main groups. When the This tab provides both the ability to create and Settings screen displays, the following 4 tabs are located at modify your accounts (example; Samsung account, the top of the screen: Email, Google account, etc.) and access Backup and Connections: reset features.
3. Tap Scan to scan for available Wi-Fi networks. For more Note: The settings for your device are described below in the information, refer to “Connect to a Wi-Fi Network” on order that they appear within the Settings menu. Options page 159.
1. From the Connections menu, tap Bluetooth. that you have on a MicroSD card. 2. Tap the checkbox next to SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 if you do • MAC address: view your device’s MAC address, required not want your phone visible to other Bluetooth devices.
Data Usage • Auto sync data: allows your accounts to automatically synchronize. From this screen you can view your Mobile data usage and turn your Mobile data capability On or Off. • Show Wi-Fi usage: displays a Wi-Fi tab that shows Wi-Fi 1. From the Connections menu, tap Data usage.
Airplane mode Mobile networks Airplane mode allows you to use many of your phone’s Before you use applications such as Google Maps and find features, such as Camera, Games, and more, when you are your location or search for places of interest, you must in an airplane or in any other area where making or receiving enable the Mobile networks options.
Access Point Names 3. Tap Default setup, then select Automatic or Manual. To use Wi-Fi you need access to a wireless access point Note: Connecting to 2G networks slows the data (hotspot). transfer speed and time. 1. From the Connections menu, tap More settings Mobile networks.
Tethering & Portable hotspot 6. To view or change your Mobile hotspot’s configuration, tap Configure. This option allows you to share your phones’s mobile data connection via USB or as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. 7. Press for the following option: Mobile Hotspot •...
USB tethering 3. Tap Save. 1. From the Connections menu, tap More settings Adding an Advanced IPsec VPN Tethering and portable hotspot. This adds a VPN connection using IPsec protocols. 2. Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. 1.
Turning Android Beam On or Off Deleting a VPN 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings 1. From the Connections menu, tap NFC. More settings VPN. The NFC screen displays. 2. Press and hold the VPN to delete. 2. Tap the NFC OFF / ON icon to turn NFC on 3.
Nearby devices 9. Tap Upload from other devices, then select the actions you’ll take when you upload content from other This option allows you to share your media files with nearby devices. Choose from either Always accept, Always devices using DLNA and connected to the same Wi-Fi. ask, or Always reject.
My device • None: No pattern, PIN, or password is required. The screen will never lock. From the Settings screen, tap the My device My device My device Lock screen options tab. Activate or deactivate various Lock screen functions. The My device menu displays. Lock screen Note: The Lock screen options differ depending on what type of Screen Lock you have selected in step 2.
– Unlock effect sets the effect you receive when unlocking the • Pattern options: phone. You can select None, Ripple effect, or Light effect. – Lock screen widgets allows you to lock the widgets that are – Help text shows help information on the Lock screen. displayed on your home screens.
• Page buddy: allows context related pages to be created on the • Font style: allows you to set the font style that your phone will Home screen. You can select Earphones page, Docking page, use. You can also tap Get fonts online to choose from a wider and Roaming page.
Sound Settings Device ringtone This option allows you to set the ringtone using existing From the Sound menu you can control the sounds on the ringtones or using your own music. phone. To use an existing ringtone: From the My device menu, tap Sound. 1. From the Sound menu, tap Device ringtone.
Vibrate when ringing To create your own vibration: 1. From the Sound menu, tap Device vibration. This option allows you to enable your phone to also vibrate when it rings. 2. Tap Create. A circle is displayed with Tap to create in the center. From the Sound menu, tap Vibrate when ringing to enable the feature.
Home screen mode Samsung keyboard sounds You can choose whether the Samsung keyboard plays Home screen mode allows you to set your display to the sounds and vibrations when you touch the keys. conventional layout of Basic mode or provide an easier user 1. From the Sound menu, tap Key-tap sound to turn touch...
Blocking mode 6. Tap Allowed contacts to assign contacts that are exempted from these rules. Choose from None, All When enabled, notifications for selected features are contacts, Favorites, or Custom. disabled. You only receive notifications of incoming calls from people on the allowed list. 7.
Power Saving Mode Accessory settings Configure Power saving settings to conserve battery power. This menu allows you to select the Audio output mode when 1. From the My device menu, tap the Power Saving Mode using a car or desk dock. ON/OFF slider, to turn Power Saving Mode ON 1. From the My device menu, tap Accessory.
Accessibility • TalkBack: activate the TalkBack feature. Accessibility services are special features to make using the Note: TalkBack, when installed and enabled, speaks device easier for those with certain physical disabilities. Use feedback to help blind and low-vision users. the Accessibility settings to activate these services. Note: You can download accessibility applications from Play Important! TalkBack can collect all of the text you Store and manage their use here.
Language and Input • Accessibility shortcut: allows you to quickly enable accessibility features in 2 quick steps. Follow the on-screen This menu allows you to configure the language in which to instructions. display the menus. You can also set onscreen keyboard options.
Samsung Keyboard settings Learn from Contacts: allows your device to learn from your Contacts. From this menu you can set Samsung keyboard options. – Clear personalized data: removes all personalized data that From the Language and input menu, tap the icon you have entered.
• Help: Learn about using Samsung keyboard. • Reset settings: Return Samsung keyboard settings to the Note: If incorrect words are being entered as you defaults.
• Clear language data: deletes all of your personal language Google voice typing settings data, including your words. From this menu you can set Samsung keyboard options. ® • Contribute usage data: when enabled, allows the Nuance From the Language and input menu, tap the icon application to collect usage data for better word predictions.
• Hotword detection: Enable to being able to launch voice • Settings for Google Text-to-speech Engine: allows you to search by saying the word “Google”. view Open Source Licenses. • Settings for Samsung TTS: allows you to view Open Source Licenses.
• Install voice data: allows you to install voice data for speech • Direct call: Once enabled, the device will dial the currently synthesis. displayed on-screen Contact entry as soon as you place the Mouse/trackpad device to your ear. • Smart alert: Once enabled, pickup the device to be alerted and This option sets your Pointer speed for your mouse or trackpad when you are using a keyboard dock accessory.
• Shake to update: Once enabled, shake your device to re-scan • Palm swipe to capture: Once enabled, you can capture any for Bluetooth devices, re-scan for Wi-Fi devices, Refresh a Web on-screen information swiping across the screen. In a single page, etc.
Email, Facebook, Google, and your Samsung account. Depending on the Note: If you set the Alert type for calls or alarms to vibration, account, you can choose to synchronize your calendar, Voice control will not be available.
Removing an Account For more information on creating accounts: • See “Creating a Samsung Account” on page 11. Important! Removing an account also deletes all of its • See “Creating a New Google Account” on page 12. messages, contacts, and other data from the •...
Backup and Reset Automatic Restore By setting this option, when you reinstall an application, all of From the Accounts menu, under Backup options, tap your backed up settings and data will be restored. Backup and reset. From the Backup and reset menu, tap Automatic restore The Backup and reset menu displays.
3. Tap Reset device, then follow the prompts to perform 3. Under Tag current location, tap any of the following the reset. options to create a checkmark and enable the Camera, More S Note, Scrapbook, and/or Voice recorder apps to tag your photos, notes, scrapbook entries, and/or voice From the Settings screen, tap the More tab.
SIM card lock 1. From the More menu, tap Security. The following options are available: Prevent another user from using your SIM card to make unauthorized calls or from accessing information stored on 2. Tap Encrypt device. For more information, read the your SIM card by protecting the information using a PIN code.
Make passwords visible Forgotten SIM PIN code If you enter the wrong SIM PIN more than 3 times, you will When enabled, password characters display briefly as you need to contact your AT&T Customer Service Representative touch them while entering passwords. to get the PUK code for your device.
Change security level 1. From the More menu, tap Security Device administrators. This option allows you to set the security level for your phone. 2. Select a device administrator and follow the prompts. If 1. From the More menu, tap Security Change security no device administrators are listed, you can download level.
Storage type 3. Scroll to the bottom of the details screen and tap Disable to disable a System certificate or Remove to This option allows you to select where you will back up your credentials. remove a User certificate. 1. From the More menu, tap Security Storage type.
Clear credentials Memory Usage Clear stored credentials. See how memory is being used by Downloaded or Running applications. Note: This setting only displays if you have installed encrypted 1. From the More menu, tap Application manager. certificates. 2. Tap DOWNLOADED, SD CARD, RUNNING, or ALL to display memory usage for that category of From the More menu, tap Security Clear credentials...
4. To reset your application preferences, press Warning! Not all services can be stopped. Stopping services Reset app preferences. may have undesirable consequences on the application or Android System. Note: When you Reset app preferences, you will not lose any app data. •...
Battery Storage See how much battery power is used for device activities. From this menu you can view the memory allocation for the memory card and USB as well as mount or unmount the SD 1. From the More menu, tap Battery. card.
6. Tap Select date format and tap the date format type. Note: The Format SD card option is only available when your Developer Options SD card is mounted. Use the Developer options to set options for application Date and Time development.
• Status: displays the battery status, the level of the battery • Baseband version: displays the baseband version loaded on (percentage), network, signal strength, mobile network type, this handset. service state, roaming status, mobile network state, the phone • Kernel version: displays the kernel version loaded on this number for this device, IMEI number, IMEISV number, IP handset.
Tip: For best results, before launching Software update, connect your device to a Wi-Fi Access Point. For more information, refer to “Wi-Fi Settings” on page 113. 1. From the More menu, tap About device Software update. 2. Tap Check for updates. 3. At the Software update prompt, tap OK to continue.
Section 9: Connections Zooming in and out of the Browser This section describes the various connections your phone can make including accessing the Internet with your There are several ways to Zoom in and out on your browser. Browser, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Connecting your PC. After tapping on a link or article, use one of these methods: Internet •...
2. Enter the keyword(s) to search using the on-screen • Print: allows you to print the screen or web page on a keypad and tap Samsung printer using Wi-Fi. 3. Tap a link to view the website. Adding and Deleting Windows •...
2. Tap (Windows) to see thumbnails of all open To exit from the incognito window: windows. 1. From your browser window, tap (Windows) (New window). 3. Tap a window listing to open up that Internet window. 2. Scroll across the available windows and locate the 4.
Adding Bookmarks • Change order: Rearranges the current bookmarks. • Move to folder: Selected bookmarks are moved to a selected 1. From any webpage, tap folder. 2. Use the on-screen keypad to enter the Name, Address, • Delete: Erases selected bookmarks. and the Location.
Emptying the Cookies 4. Press Clear history to delete the History list. Browser Settings A cookie is a small file which is placed on your phone by a website during navigation. In addition to containing some To make adjustments in your browser settings, follow these site-specific information, it can also contain some personal steps: information (such as a username and password) which can...
• Accept cookies: Allows sites, that require cookies, to save and Accessibility read cookies from your device. • Force zoom: allows you to override the website’s request to • Clear all cookie data: Deletes all current browser cookie files. control zoom. •...
• Enable plug-ins: Allows the download of plug-ins such as Bandwidth management Adobe Flash. • Preload search results: Allows the browser to preload high • Default storage: Allows you to set your default storage to confidence search results in the background to help speed up Phone or Memory Card.
Manually add your new network connection accessible Wireless Access Point (WAP). These WAPs can either be Open (unsecured) as within most Hot Spots, or 1. Scroll to the bottom of the Wi-Fi main page and tap Secured (requiring knowledge of the Router name and Add Wi-Fi network.
Turning Wi-Fi Off Displays when there is a Wi-Fi access point available but you are not connected to it. May also 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings. display if there is a communication issue with the 2. Tap the ON/OFF slider, located to the right of the Wi-Fi target Wireless Access Point (WAP).
Wi-Fi Direct 8. Once connected, the other device will show as Connected in your list of Wi-Fi Direct devices and the Wi-Fi Direct allows device-to-device connections so you can icon displays at the top of your screen. transfer large amounts of data over a Wi-Fi connection. 9.
5. The file is transferred and the other device will receive 6. Follow the on-screen instructions to use AT&T Wi-Fi. a screen notification that a Wi-Fi file has been For more information on how to use this application, go received. The file can be found in My files SD card in to www.att.com/smartwifi.
Turning Bluetooth On and Off Bluetooth Settings To turn Bluetooth on: The Bluetooth settings menu allows you to set up many of the characteristics of your device’s Bluetooth service, 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings. including: 2. Tap the ON/OFF slider, located to the right of the •...
Pairing Bluetooth Devices To make your device visible: 1. From the Bluetooth settings page, press Visible The Bluetooth pairing process allows you to establish trusted time-out. connections between your device and another Bluetooth • Making your device visible allows it to be detected by other device.
Deleting a paired device (unpair) Note: Pairing between two Bluetooth devices is a one-time Deleting a device from your list removes its “connection process. Once a pairing has been created, the devices record” and upon reconnection would require that you re will continue to recognize their partnership and enter all the previous pairing information.
8. A Bluetooth share notification displays in your Windows XP Service Pack 3 or higher installed on your notifications list. computer. Also, ensure that you have Samsung Kies 2.0 PC Connections or Windows Media Player 10 or higher installed on your computer.
Connecting as a Storage Device You can connect your device to a PC as a removable disk and access the file directory. If you insert a memory card in the device, you can also access the files directory from the memory card by using the device as a memory card reader.
Section 10: Applications Launching Apps This section contains a description of each application that is available in the Apps Menu, its function, and how to navigate From the Apps menu, tap one of the application icons. through that particular application. If the application is For more information, refer to the application already described in another section of this user manual, description in this section.
Creating Application Folders AT&T DriveMode You can create application folders to hold similar applications With the AT&T DriveMode application, you can set your if you wish. phone to auto reply when you are driving and don’t want to answer the phone. You can set auto reply to Messages, To create a folder follow these steps: Emails, and Phone Calls.
AT&T Navigator Note: FamilyMap requires a paid subscription. To sign up for AT&T Navigator provides you with access to real-time GPS- service, visit http://www.att.com/familymap for more driven applications. These programs not only allow you to information or contact your AT&T Customer Service achieve turn-by-turn navigation, but also access local Representative.
AT&T Smart Wi-Fi 7. To clear the calculator history, press Clear history. With AT&T Smart Wi-Fi, you can maximize your battery 8. To change the text size, press Text size. Tap performance, maximize your data, simplify access to AT&T Hot Spots and Wi-Fi networks, automate your Wi-Fi Small, Medium, or Large.
4. Tap Today to display the current date indicated by a 5. Tap Hide declined events to activate this option. A check blue box. mark indicates selection. 6. Tap Lock time zone (to lock event time based on your 5. Tap Calendars to select the calendar options that you current user-selected time zone).
Alarm 15. Tap Quick responses to edit the default quick responses for emailing guests. This feature allows you to set an alarm to ring at a specific 16. Tap Swipe with two fingers to change the way events time. display when swiped. 1.
Deleting Alarms – Snooze: use this option to set an Interval (3, 5, 10, 15, or 30 Minutes) and Snooze repeat (1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 Times). Tap To delete an alarm, follow these steps: the ON/OFF slider to activate. 1.
Timer 5. To set Daylight Savings time, press and hold a city, then tap DST settings. You can use this option to set a countdown timer. Use a timer 6. Select Automatic, Off, or 1 hour. to count down to an event based on a preset time length (hours, minutes, and seconds).
DeviceHelp The default Desk clock displays. 2. Tap to display the Desk clock in full-screen mode. DeviceHelp provides online information to help with your device questions. 3. To make changes, tap Settings. 1. From the Home screen, tap DeviceHelp 4. The following options display while in full-screen The AT&T Device Help screen displays.
Email G+ Photos Email enables you to review and create email using various G+ Photos allows you to share you photos more easily using email services. You can also receive text message alerts the Google+ application. when you receive an important email. For more information, 1. Sign on to your Google account.
Google Upload to automatically upload videos and photos to your own private album on Google+. For more information, refer The Google search application is the same on-screen to “Google +” on page 109. Internet search engine that is on the Google Search Bar on Group Play your main Home screen.
Hangouts 5. Tap the items you want to share to create a checkmark, then tap Done or OK. Hangouts is a free Windows and web-based application for 6. Have your friends sign onto Group Play from their instant messaging offered by Google. You can connect with devices and they can view your media using you as a your friends across computers and various Android devices.
Maps Note: Selecting Use GPS satellites allows you to locate places Depending on your location, you can view basic, custom, and of interest at the street-level. However, this also requires satellite maps and local business information, including a clear view of the sky and uses more battery power. locations, contact information, and driving directions.
Messaging 2. Tap Device storage to see the contents of your internal SD card. You can send and receive different types of messages. For more information, refer to “Messaging” on page 99. Note: If you do not have an external SD card inserted, Mobile Hotspot this option will not display.
3. Enter your User ID and Password using the onscreen 3. Follow the on-screen instructions for using the Play keypad, then tap Login. Books application. Play Games 4. Follow the on-screen instructions. Paper Artist This application takes you directly to the Play Store Games area where you can download games.
5. Sweep the screen to the left or right to view 1. From the Apps menu, tap Play Store Categories, Featured, Top Selling, and New Arrivals. 2. Sign in to your Google account. 6. Tap a magazine to see more information and 3. The first time you sign in, the Play Store Terms of subscribe.
to start a new memo in text mode with the The icons that you see displayed on the screen are described in the following table: keypad displayed or tap to start a new memo in drawing mode using your finger or a compatible on- Saves the existing memo and creates a new one.
This application provides on-screen recommendations for 1. From the Apps menu, tap S Voice applications that are specifically supported and made for use 2. Read the Samsung Disclaimer then tap Confirm to on your device. continue. Note: Access to this feature requires that you already be 3. Read the Vlingo Terms of Service then tap Agree to...
“Samsung Hub” on page 74. Samsung Link With Samsung Apps, you can download hundred of With the Samsung Link app, you can share and play content applications from a variety of categories. across smart devices anytime and anywhere. For more 1. Sign on to your Samsung account if you have not...
Internet searching. Samsung Link, Messaging, Gmail, or via Bluetooth. 1. From the Apps menu, tap Voice Search Recording time will vary based on the available memory 2. When prompted, speak into the built-in microphone.
YPmobile Note: YouTube is a data-intensive feature. It is recommended The Yellowpages Mobile application provides quick and ready that you upgrade to a large data plan to avoid additional access to businesses, map locations, and storage of your data charges. favorite searches.
6. Enter information in the What: and Near: fields and tap Search. 7. Results displays. 8. Tap Map to see the locations marked with pins on the map. 9. Pinch the map screen inwards to zoom out or pinch it outwards to zoom in.
Section 11: Health and Safety Information Do cell phones pose a health hazard? This device is capable of operating in Wi-Fi™ mode in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. The FCC requires that devices Many people are concerned that cell phone radiation will operating within 5.15-5.25 GHz may only be used indoors, cause cancer or other serious health hazards.
Research Results to Date: Is there a connection The biological effects of radio frequency energy should not between RF and certain health problems? be confused with the effects from other types of electromagnetic energy. The results of most studies conducted to date say no. In Very high levels of electromagnetic energy, such as is found addition, attempts to replicate and confirm the few studies in X-rays and gamma rays, can ionize biological tissues.
Risk of Brain Cancer from Exposure to Radio slight increase in brain cancer. However, the authors Frequency Fields in Childhood and Adolescence determined that biases and errors prevented any conclusions (MOBI-KIDS) being drawn from this data. Additional information about Interphone can be found at MOBI-KIDS is an international study investigating the http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2010/pdfs/pr200_E.pdf.
Reducing Exposure: Hands-Free Kits and Other Cell Phone Industry Actions Accessories Although the existing scientific data do not justify FDA Steps to Reduce Exposure to Radio Frequency Energy regulatory actions, the FDA has urged the cell phone industry to take a number of steps, including the following: If there is a risk from being exposed to radio frequency •...
Children and Cell Phones Because there are no known risks from exposure to RF emissions from cell phones, there is no reason to believe that The scientific evidence does not show a danger to any users hands-free kits reduce risks. Hands-free kits can be used for of cell phones from RF exposure, including children and convenience and comfort.
Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) • Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Certification Information http://www.epa.gov/radtown/wireless-tech.html. • Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Your wireless phone is a radio transmitter and receiver. It is http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/radiofrequencyradiation/. designed and manufactured not to exceed the exposure (Note: This web address is case sensitive.) limits for Radio Frequency (RF) energy set by the Federal •...
The SAR information for this device can also be found on power levels so as to use only the power required to reach Samsung’s website: http://www.samsung.com/sar. the network. In general, the closer you are to a wireless base SAR information on this and other model phones can be station antenna, the lower the power output of the phone.
Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from Samsung could void your authority to operate the device. that to which the receiver is connected. This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules.
• Let the person with whom you are speaking know that you are impaired. Samsung is committed to promoting responsible driving and will suspend the call if necessary; driving and giving drivers the tools they need to understand •...
If the phone and/or battery get wet, have them checked Battery Use and Safety by your service provider or contact Samsung, even if they appear to be working properly. Important! Handle and store batteries properly to avoid injury or •...
If you suspect damage to the present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard. Samsung's warranty does not cover damage to the phone phone or battery, take it to a service center for inspection.
The Samsung Mobile Take-Back Program will provide accessories may not be available in your area. Samsung customers with a free recycling mailing label. We've made it easy for you to recycle your old Samsung Just go to mobile device by working with respected take-back http://fun.samsungmobileusa.com/recycling/index.jsp.
Follow local regulations regarding disposal of mobile FOR CONNECTION TO A SUPPLY NOT IN NORTH devices and batteries AMERICA, USE AN ATTACHMENT PLUG ADAPTOR OF THE PROPER CONFIGURATION FOR THE Dispose of your mobile device and batteries in accordance POWER OUTLET. with local regulations.
Always obey posted road signs. Emergency Calls Certain Samsung mobile devices can use a Global Positioning System (GPS) signal for location-based applications. A GPS This mobile device, like any wireless mobile device, operates uses satellites controlled by the U.S.
1. If the phone is not on, switch it on. Keep your Samsung Mobile Device away from: 2. From the Home screen, tap The dialer displays. Liquids of any kind 3. Key in the emergency number for your present location...
Extreme heat or cold Paint Avoid temperatures below 0°C / 32°F or above 45°C / Do not paint the mobile device. Paint can clog the 113°F. device’s moving parts or ventilation openings and prevent proper operation. Microwaves Responsible Listening Do not try to dry your mobile device in a microwave oven. Doing so may cause a fire or explosion.
• hearing problem varies. Additionally, the amount of sound Do not turn the volume up to block out noisy surroundings. If you produced by a portable audio device varies depending on the choose to listen to your portable device in a noisy environment, nature of the sound, the device settings, and the headphones use noise-cancelling headphones to block out background that are used.
National Institute for Occupational Safety American Academy of Audiology and Health (NIOSH) 11730 Plaza American Drive, Suite 300 395 E Street, S.W., Suite 9200 Reston, VA 20190 Patriots Plaza Building Voice: (800) 222-2336 Washington, DC 20201 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Voice: 1-800-35-NIOSH Internet: (1-800-356-4674) http://www.audiology.org/Pages/...
Using Your Mobile Device Near Other Electronic • Should read and follow the directions from the manufacturer of Devices your implantable medical device. If you have any questions about Most modern electronic equipment is shielded from Radio using your wireless mobile device with an implantable medical Frequency (RF) signals.
Posted Facilities (such as propane or butane) must comply with the National Fire Protection Standard (NFPA-58). For a copy of this Switch your mobile device off in any facility where posted standard, contact the National Fire Protection Association. notices require you to do so. When your Device is Wet Potentially Explosive Environments Do not turn on your device if it is wet.
The wireless telephone industry has developed a rating is the better/higher of the two ratings. T-ratings refer to system for wireless mobile devices to assist hearing device enabling inductive coupling with hearing aids operating in users find mobile devices that may be compatible with their telecoil mode.
Any changes or modifications to your mobile device not It is important to try the different features of this phone expressly approved by Samsung could void your warranty for thoroughly and in different locations, using your hearing aid this equipment and void your authority to operate this...
• equipment. Only use approved batteries, antennas, and Do not store or carry flammable liquids, gases, or explosive chargers. The use of any unauthorized accessories may be materials in the same compartment as the mobile device, its dangerous and void the mobile device warranty if said parts, or accessories.
• Seizures or blackouts can occur when you are exposed to flashing lights while watching videos or playing games for extended periods. If you feel any discomfort, stop using the device immediately. • Reduce risk of repetitive motion injuries. When you repetitively perform actions, such as pressing keys, drawing characters on a touch screen with your fingers, or playing games, you may experience occasional discomfort in your hands, neck, shoulders,...
1 Year conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by Case/Pouch/Holster* 90 Days SAMSUNG; (g) defects or damage resulting from improper Other Device 1 Year testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or Accessories* adjustment not furnished or approved by SAMSUNG;...
(iii) the battery has return the Product to an authorized phone service facility in been used in equipment other than the SAMSUNG phone for an adequate container for shipping, accompanied by the which it is specified.
ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY claims, whether in advertising, presentations or otherwise, LASTS, OR THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL on behalf of SAMSUNG regarding the Products or this Limited OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS Warranty.
For any arbitration in which your total damage claims, exclusive of attorney fees and expert witness fees, are ALL DISPUTES WITH SAMSUNG ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM $5,000.00 or less (“Small Claim”), the arbitrator may, if you THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE SALE, CONDITION OR...
You may opt out of this dispute resolution procedure by Severability providing notice to SAMSUNG no later than 30 calendar days If any portion of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or from the date of the first consumer purchaser’s purchase of the unenforceable, such partial illegality or unenforceability shall Product.
Phone: 1-800-SAMSUNG THE SOFTWARE. Phone: 1-888-987-HELP (4357) 1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Samsung grants you the following No reproduction in whole or in part allowed without prior rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions written approval. Specifications and availability subject to of this EULA: You may install, use, access, display and run change without notice.
Update that Samsung may provide to you or make available to you after the date you 4. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that Samsung and its obtain your initial copy of the Software, unless we provide affiliates may collect and use technical information gathered other terms along with such Update.
Software updates will only be offered by your network carrier, and such Software updates will be notice from Samsung if you fail to comply with any of the governed by your contractual relationship with your network terms and conditions of this EULA. Upon termination of this carrier.
WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR SAMSUNG OR ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE DEEMED TO ALTER USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS ON THIS DISCLAIMER BY SAMSUNG OF WARRANTY REGARDING...
(b) United States residents. ALL DISPUTES WITH SAMSUNG part of any award, but may not grant Samsung its attorney ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THIS EULA OR YOUR USE OF THE...
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; SEVERABILITY. This EULA is the dispute resolution procedure by providing notice to Samsung entire agreement between you and Samsung relating to the no later than 30 calendar days from the date of the first Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral consumer purchaser’s purchase of this device.
Section 13: Samsung Product Registration...
Index Managing Address Book Contacts Battery charging 9 Abc mode 55 Service Dialing Numbers 73 Installing 7 About Device 149 Using Contacts List 63 Low Battery Indicator 10 Accessory Settings 129 Address Book Options 67 Battery Use & Safety 199 Accounts and Synchronization Airplane mode 116 Bigger Font...
Call Back Missed Call 42 Camcorder Options Developer Options 149 Call Duration 44 Dialing Options 41 Camcorder Options after a Video is Call Log 41 Display Taken 98 Call Waiting 48 Camera 89 icons 17 Correcting the Number 38 Camera Options 90 Using Negative Colors 130 Dialing a Recent Number 38 Taking Pictures 89...
Entering Text 54 Overview 31 Group Settings Changing the Text Entry Mode 54 Screen Capture 33 137 Editing a Caller Group 70 Using 123Sym Mode 55 Shake to Update 32 137 Using Abc Mode 55 Tilt to Zoom 32 136 Hangouts 179 Using Swype 57 Getting Started 6...
Deleting a message 103 Multi Window Gmail 107 Activate/Deactivate 26 Landscape 54 Options 100 Customizing 27 Language and keyboard settings Settings 104 Increase App Window Size 29 select locale 131 Signing into Email 106 Maximize App 29 Linking Contacts 65 Signing into Gmail 107 Panel Relocation 27 Location services settings 141...
Creating a New Memo 183 (PLAN) 197 On 11 S Suggest 185 Phone Privacy settings S Voice 185 Front View 14 factory data reset 140 Set Wake-Up Command 123 icons 17 Samsung Hub Rear View 16 QWERTY keypad 54 Creating a New Account 74...
Web Storage Setup 79 Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) symbol mode 55 Samsung Link Settings 78 Certification Information 195 Time 149 Samsung Mobile Products and Standard Limited Warranty 214 Timer 175 Recycling 201 Stopwatch 175 Automatic Answering 50 scientific calculator 171...
Using Favorites Deleting an Entry 175 Adding Favorites 155 World clock 174 Deleting a Favorite 155 Editing Favorites 155 YouTube 187 YPmobile (Yellowpages mobile) 188 Video 85 Video player 85 Voice control 138 Voice Mail Accessing 12 From Another Phone 12 Setup 12 Voice Recorder 187 Volume 125...