Gasoline is very
ﬂammable. Avoid smoking
or bringing any ﬂame or
sparks near fuel. Make
sure to stop the engine
and allow it cool before
refueling the unit. Select
outdoor bare ground for
fueling and move at least
10ft (3m) away from the
fueling point before
starting the engine.
The engines are lubricated
by oil specially formulated
for air-cooled 2-cycle
gasoline engine use. If
Husqvarna oil is not
available, use an anti-oxidant
added quality oil expressly
labeled for air-cooled 2-cycle
engine use. (JASO FC
GRADE OIL or ISO EGC
Do not use BIA or TCW (2-
stroke water-cooling type)
RECOMMENDED MIXING RATIO
GASOLINE 50:OIL 1
Exhaust emission are
controlled by the
fundamental engine parameters and
components (i.e., carburation, ignition timing
and port timing) without addition of any major
hardware or the introduction of an inert material
These engines are certiﬁed to operate on
Make sure to use gasoline with a minimum
octane number of 89 RON (USA/Canada: 87AL)
If you use a gasoline of a lower octane value than
speciﬁed, there is a danger that the engine
temperature may rise and an engine problem
such as piston seizing may consequently occur.
Unleaded gasoline is recommended to reduce
the contamination of the air for the sake of your
health and the environment.
Poor quality gasolines or oils may damage
sealing rings, fuel lines or fuel tank of the engine.
HOW TO MIX FUEL
Pay attention to agitation.
1. Measure out the quantities of gasoline and oil to be
2. Put some of the gasoline into a clean, approved fuel
3. Pour in all of the oil and agitate well.
4. Pour in the rest of gasoline and agitate again for at
least one minute. As some oils may be difﬁcult to
agitate depending on oil ingredients, sufﬁcient
agitation is necessary for the engine to last long.
Note that, if the agitation is insufﬁcient, there is an
increased danger of early piston seizing due to an
abnormally lean mixture.
5. Indicate the contents on outside of container for
easy identiﬁcation to avoid mixing with raw gasoline
or other containers.
FUELING THE UNIT
1. Untwist and remove the fuel cap.
2. Put fuel into the fuel tank to 80% of the full capacity.
3. Fasten the fuel cap securely and wipe up any fuel
spillage around the unit.
1. Select bare ground for fueling.
2. Move at least 10 feet (3 meters) away from the
fueling point before starting the engine.
3. Stop the engine and let it cool for a few
minutes before refueling the unit. At that time,
be sure to sufﬁciently agitate the mixed
gasoline in the container.
4. Do not smoke or place hot objects near fuel.
FOR YOUR ENGINE LIFE, AVOID;
1. FUEL WITH NO OIL (RAW GASOLINE) - It will cause
severe damage to the internal engine parts very
2. GASOHOL - It can cause deterioration of rubber
and/or plastic parts and disruption of engine
3. OIL FOR 4-CYCLE ENGINE USE - It can cause
spark plug fouling, exhaust port blocking, or piston
4. Mixed fuels which have been left unused for a
period of one month or more may clog the
carburetor and result in the engine failing to operate
5. When storing the product for a long period of time,
clean the fuel tank after rendering it empty. Next,
activate the engine and empty the carburetor of the
6. When scrapping the used mixed oil container, scrap
it only at an authorized repository site.
For details of quality assurance, read the
description in the Warranty section carefully.
Moreover, normal wear and change in product
with no functional inﬂuence are not covered by
the warranty. Also, note that if the usage in the
instruction manual is not observed for the mixed
gasoline, etc. as described herein, it may not be
covered by the warranty.