Contents WELCOME! About Your Software About Your Documentation Warnings, Cautions, Notes, and Tips Viewing Your Electronic Reference Guide PRINTING FROM START TO FINISH Printing with Windows Loading Paper Opening the Printer Software Selecting Printer Software Settings Controlling Printing Printing on a Macintosh Loading Paper Opening the Printer Software Selecting Printer Software Settings...
USING SPECIAL EPSON PAPERS EPSON Photo Paper 4 x 6-Inch Photo Paper (perforated) Panoramic Photo Paper Matte Paper - Heavyweight EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper Premium Semigloss Photo Paper Premium Luster Photo Paper Envelopes Selecting the Correct Media Type Taking Care of Your Photographs...
Solving Miscellaneous Printout Problems Uninstalling Printer Software Uninstalling Windows Software Uninstalling Macintosh Software Reinstalling Printer Software Where To Get Help EPSON Technical Support Photo Software Technical Support NOTICES Windows System Requirements Macintosh System Requirements ENERGY STAR Compliance Important Safety Instructions...
FCC Compliance Statement Declaration of Conformity Epson America, Inc. Limited Warranty INDEX...
3.0 or later—to view the guide.) It’s a good idea to check EPSON’s support web site periodically for possible updates to your printer driver. Visit http://support.epson.com and check the section for your product to see if there is a new driver available, free of charge, for downloading to your computer.
Macintosh World-standard photo editing software with the basic image editing tools preferred by graphic design professionals. EPSON Stylus Photo 1280 owners have an exclusive upgrade price of $299 for the full version of Adobe Photoshop. To upgrade or for more information on this offer, call 1-800-492-3623 and mention Source Code 56100.
Reference Guide printing with Windows or on a Macintosh using special EPSON papers, including the roll paper that came with your printer maintaining the printer solving basic problems For more details about printing with, maintaining, or troubleshooting your printer, see your electronic Reference Guide, as described on page 4.
1. Insert your printer software CD-ROM. 2. Windows: Double-click , double-click your CD-ROM or My Computer DVD drive icon, then double-click the icon. EPSON Macintosh: Double-click the icon in the CD-ROM window. (If the EPSON window doesn’t open, double-click your CD-ROM icon. EPSON...
If you copied the manual to your hard drive, you can access it at any time, as follows: Windows: Select , and click Start Programs EPSON ESP 1280 890 Guide Macintosh: Open the folder and double-click EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 1280 890 View Reference Guide...
When you first open the Reference Guide, you see this screen: Click here to expand the table of contents Click a topic on the left to expand the table of contents. After expanding the table of contents, you can click on the topic you want to view. If there’s a right arrow , click it to view subtopics, then click on a topic to go to it.
Follow the instructions in these sections: “Printing with Windows” on page 8 “Printing on a Macintosh” on page 14 If you’re already familiar with EPSON ink jet printing, you can skip ahead to these sections: “Printing on Both Sides of the Paper” on page 18 “Creating Borderless Photo Prints”...
Load letterhead or preprinted paper into the printer top edge first. Don’t load paper above the arrow on the left edge guide. See “Using Special EPSON Papers” on page 29 for instructions on loading special media. For instructions on loading roll paper, see...
Select your printer here Click here to open your printer software Make the following selections in the Print dialog box: Make sure your EPSON Stylus Photo printer is selected. Click the button. (If you see a Setup, Printer, or Options button, click Properties it.
Selecting Printer Software Settings Once you click , you see your printer software Properties dialog box: Properties Select the type of paper you loaded Select the Ink color Select Automatic mode Select higher-quality or faster printing Click OK Make the following settings: Choose the Media Type for your paper (click the arrow to display the list).
, point to , and then select Start Settings Printers 2. Right-click your EPSON Stylus Photo printer icon. 3. Select one of the following: (if you’re running Windows 95, 98, or Me) Properties (if you’re running Windows 2000) Printing Preferences (if you’re running Windows NT)
5. Select the default settings you want to use for all your applications. Click when you’re finished. Remember, you can always change the default settings in your application when you want to print different types of documents. Another way to select your most frequently used settings quickly is to save them as a group;...
After a moment, the Progress Meter appears and shows the progress of your print job. You can use the buttons to cancel, pause, or restart printing. You can also see how much ink you have left. Click to cancel printing Click to pause or resume printing Does not...
Load letterhead or preprinted paper into the printer top edge first. Don’t load paper above the arrow on the left edge guide. See “Using Special EPSON Papers” on page 29 for instructions on loading special media. For instructions on loading roll paper, see page 42.
Printable Area settings print without margins Click OK Make the following selections on the page setup dialog box: Make sure your EPSON Stylus Photo printer ( ) is selected. (If SP 890 SP 1280 the printer model is incorrect, you need to select your printer in the Chooser; see the Start Here poster for instructions.)
Selecting Printer Software Settings Now open the File menu and click . You see the main printer settings dialog box Print for your application (your dialog box may look slightly different): Select the type of paper you loaded Select the Ink color Select Automatic mode Select higher-quality or faster printing...
EPSON from the Application menu at the right side of the menu bar to check the Monitor3 progress of your print job. You see the EPSON Monitor 3 dialog box: Click to restart your print job Click to pause printing...
If you’re not using background printing and you need to cancel the current print job, hold down the J key and press the . (period) key. For more information on printing—for example, using advanced settings, previewing your printout, or adding a watermark—see your electronic Reference Guide (described on page 4) or printer software online help.
2. Windows: Open the printer software from your application. (See page 9 for details.) Then choose on the Properties Layout tab. Double-Sided Printing Macintosh: Select from your application to open your printer File > Page Setup software’s page setup dialog box. Then choose Double-Sided Printing Macintosh Click here...
Creating Borderless Photo Prints ™ Using EPSON’s BorderFree print technology, your printer lets you create true edge-to-edge photo prints on papers available in a variety of popular print sizes. You can also print borderless photos on roll paper, although you can’t choose from the same range of print sizes.
EPSON Premium Luster Photo Letter Paper * Designed for the EPSON Stylus Photo 1280 For information about ordering EPSON papers, see page 39. Windows Follow these steps to create borderless prints: 1. Load paper that supports borderless printing in your printer.
You must click the No Margins box before you can select the 5 × 7 inch Paper Size. Click No Margins Select the correct Paper Size 6. Click to save your settings. 7. Click ) in your application’s Print dialog box to start printing. Print 2880-Finest Detail is not an available resolution when you’re creating borderless prints.
2. Select . In the Page Setup dialog box, click File > Page Setup No Margins then select the correct Paper Size. Make sure is selected as the Auto Sheet Feeder Paper Source. Choose the correct Paper Click No Margins Size 3.
Using PhotoEnhance, Custom, and Advanced Settings When you’re printing special projects, you can customize your printer software settings, as described in these sections: “Enhancing Digital Photos” in the next section “Using Custom Settings” on page 25 “Using Advanced Settings” on page 25 For additional information on these settings, see the electronic Reference Guide, as described on page 4.
Using Custom Settings Your printer software includes several preset printing options. These let you quickly select the best settings for your particular type of document, or select a color-matching method for your project. To access the project types, click , and click the Custom list to open it.
Using Advanced Color Management Here are some tips for using the advanced color management features of your printer software. For more information, visit the EPSON web site at www.epson.com. If you’re using Adobe software, check the Adobe Web site at www.adobe.com for more tips.
Using Custom Color Management Profiles If you’re printing from the full version of Adobe Photoshop or another application that lets you use custom color management profiles, you need to turn off your printer software’s color management profile to get accurate results. If you use a custom profile but leave color management turned on in your printer software, your colors won’t be correct.
EPSON Photo Paper You can use EPSON Photo Paper to print photographs that look like the ones you get from film processing. Photo Paper is available in a variety of sizes, including roll paper. See page 39 for ordering information.
Panoramic Photo Paper, see the next sections. 4 x 6-Inch Photo Paper (perforated) EPSON 4 × 6-inch Photo Paper comes with and without perforations. You can use both types of paper to create borderless photo prints. With unperforated EPSON 4 × 6-inch Photo Paper, you can print to the very edge of the paper (see page 20 for details).
3. In your application software, size your photo Bottom of printed image slightly larger than 4 × 6 inches. Trim size 4. Choose as the Media Type Photo Paper Printed setting. image size Top of printed image 5. Choose × as the Paper Size Photo Paper 4 6 in...
Matte Paper - Heavyweight Matte Paper - Heavyweight has a professional-looking, flat matte finish for printing photos, graphics, and digital fine art on a non-glossy surface. Using genuine EPSON inks and this paper, your output has remarkable lightfastness when stored in an album or in normal indoor display conditions in a glass frame.
EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper is a photographic-weight paper with a high gloss finish suitable for photographic applications. Using genuine EPSON inks and this paper, your prints will last for years when stored in an album or in normal indoor display conditions in a glass frame.
Premium Semigloss Photo Paper Premium Semigloss Photo Paper is a photo-weight paper with a semigloss finish suitable for photographic applications. Keep the following in mind: Always load it with the whiter, glossier side face-up. Load one sheet at a time. Select as the Media Type setting.
Premium Luster Photo Paper Premium Luster Photo Paper is a photo-weight paper with a brilliant semigloss finish similar to “E” photographic paper used by portrait photo labs. Its light sheen and textured surface create the look of real photo prints. Keep the following in mind when printing on this paper: Always load with the whiter, glossier side face-up.
Envelopes Printable side up, flap side down You can load up to 10 envelopes at a time, flap edge first and printable side up. Place them against the right edge guide and slide the left edge guide against them. (You’ll get better results if you press each envelope flat before loading it, or load one envelope at a time.) Set the thickness lever to the...
For this paper . . . Select this Media Type setting . . . Plain paper sheets or envelopes Plain paper EPSON 360 dpi Ink Jet Paper 360 dpi Ink Jet Paper EPSON Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper EPSON High Quality Ink Jet Paper...
Taking Care of Your Photographs With proper care, photographs printed with your EPSON Stylus Photo printer will preserve your memories for many years. The special EPSON inks designed for your printer are specially formulated to achieve improved lightfastness when used with EPSON papers for prints that are properly displayed or stored.
How To Order EPSON Paper To order EPSON paper, contact your dealer or call the EPSON Store at (800) 873-7766 or visit our web site at www.epsonstore.com (U.S. sales only). In Canada, please call (800) 873-7766 for dealer referral. EPSON papers...
Super B (13 x 19 inches) * S041407 Roll (8.3 inches x 26.2 feet) S041408 Super B Roll (13 inches x 32.8 feet) */** S041409 EPSON Glossy Photo Letter** S041267 Greetings Cards Designed for the EPSON Stylus Photo 1280 ** Supports true BorderFree (borderless) printing...
Using Roll Paper You can load roll paper using the roll paper holders and adapter that came with your EPSON Stylus Photo printer. When you’re finished printing, you need to remove the roll paper carefully from the printer. This chapter explains how to load 4-inch roll paper and print edge-to-edge borderless photos.
Loading Roll Paper Although this procedure illustrates how to load 4-inch wide roll paper, you can follow the same steps to load wider roll paper. 1. Make sure your printer and computer are turned on. 2. Remove the paper support and lower the output tray. Then insert the paper support adapter into the positioning slots on the back of the printer, as shown.
5. Before loading the paper, make sure the edge is cut cleanly—at a 90 degree angle in each corner—to ensure proper loading. If necessary, trim the edge using a straight-edge tool or triangle. Make sure that the end of the roll paper is cut perpendicular to the edges.
7. Insert the tabs on the roll paper holders into the slots on the paper support adapter, as shown. If you’re facing the front of the printer, the tab on the right roll paper holder should be inserted into the slot at the right end of the adapter, and the tab on the left roll paper holder should be inserted two slots to the left.
Gently pull the roll backward to rewind it, and then turn the printer on again. Don’t force the printer mechanism. If gentle pulling doesn’t move the paper, contact EPSON. See page 96 for contact information.
2. After you rewind the paper, the b maintenance light comes on. Press the b maintenance button to turn the light off. 3. Reload the paper, making sure the end is straight and not damaged. If necessary, trim the end again before reloading. Printing on Roll Paper When you use roll paper, you can print your favorite 4 ×...
Turn your printer into a photo reproduction studio by printing 4 × 6-inch snapshots, edge-to-edge, on EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper, Premium Semigloss Photo Paper, or Photo Paper on a roll. Printing borderless photos on roll paper is faster than printing borderless photos on cut sheets (see page 20), since you can print multiple images at the same time.
Windows Instructions 1. Start Film Factory. To do this, click , point to , and Start Programs Film Factory click the icon. You see the main Film Factory screen: Film Factory Standard Prints button Duplicate Click the Prints picture(s) button you want to print The first time you start the trial version of Film Factory, you may see...
5. When you’re ready to print, click the button. You see various Print Assignment printing options: Print Click 4 × 6 Assignment button Select Trim to Fit Print Size from Print button the pull-down menu Click Properties × 6. Click the icon as the Print Size option.
9. Click the Main tab, if Select Premium necessary. Select either Glossy Photo Paper or Photo Premium Glossy Photo Paper as the Paper Photo Paper Media Type setting, Make sure PhotoEnhance depending on what type of is turned off roll paper you’ve loaded See page 37 for details about selecting the correct Media Type.
13. Click the button on the left. You see additional printing options: Print Select the number of copies you want to print (necessary for Standard Prints function Total number only) of prints Print icon 14. If you’re using the Standard Prints function, click the arrows in the Number of box to select the number of pictures you want.
Macintosh Instructions 1. Start Film Factory. To do this, open the folder and double-click the Film Factory icon. You see the main Film Factory screen: Film Factory Standard Prints button Duplicate Click the Prints picture(s) button you want to print The first time you start the trial version of Film Factory, you may see a screen that lets you buy the full version or try out the trial version.
5. When you’re ready to print, click the button. You see various Print Assignment printing options: Print Assignment button Click 4 × 6 Select Trim to Fit Print Size from Print button the pull-down menu Click Properties × 6. Click the icon as the Print Size option.
9. Make the following changes: Select as the Page Size Photo Paper 100 × 150 mm Select as the Paper Source Roll Paper Click the No Margins Select as the Roll Paper Option Banner if you’re printing a 4 × 6 snapshot. This may create a Don’t select Save roll paper space between each print job.
Printing Snapshots with PhotoImpression First load your 4-inch wide roll paper, as described on page 42. Then follow the steps below for your operating system. ArcSoft PhotoImpression only comes with the EPSON Stylus Photo 890. Windows Instructions 1. Start PhotoImpression. To do this, click...
3. If you want to make any changes to a photo, double-click it to place it in the edit screen, then make your edits. (See PhotoImpression help for details on editing photos.) 4. Click , then click the icon. You see the print screen: Print Multiple Printing Click here to select Epson Roll paper Image tray...
5. Click the down arrow in the upper left corner of the screen three times to select Epson Roll Paper 6. Select the photo(s) you want to print. If you want to print all the photos in your album, click the button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
10. On the Print Setup dialog box, select as the Size, Photo Paper 100 × 150 mm as the Source. Then click . (You don’t have to Roll Paper - No Margins change the Orientation, regardless of how your photos are positioned.) Select Photo Paper 100 ×...
3. If you want to make any changes to a photo, double-click it to place it in the edit screen, then make your edits. (See PhotoImpression help for details on editing photos.) 4. Click , then click the icon. You see the print screen: Print Multiple Printing Click here to select Epson Roll paper Image tray...
5. Click the down arrow in the upper left corner of the screen to select Epson Roll Paper 6. Select the photo(s) you want to print. If you want to print all the photos in your album, click the button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
7. Click the button on the right side of the screen to display the Printer Setup page setup dialog box. Select Photo Paper 100 × 150 mm Click No Margins Select Roll Paper Select Banner 8. Do the following: Select as your Paper Size.
Printing Snapshots with Photoshop LE First load your 4-inch wide roll paper, as described on page 42. Then follow the steps in the section for your operating system below. Adobe Photoshop LE only comes with the EPSON Stylus Photo 1280. Windows Instructions 1.
7. On the Page Setup dialog box, select as the Size and Photo Paper 100 × 150 mm as the Source. If your photo’s width is greater than its Roll Paper - No Margins height, select as the Orientation. Landscape Select Photo Paper 100 ×...
Macintosh Instructions 1. Start Photoshop. Open the folder and double-click the Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE icon. You see the Photoshop main screen. Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE 2. Select the picture you want to print, modify it as necessary, and size it to 4 × 6 inches.
6. Select from the File menu. On your print settings dialog box, select either Print as the Media Type setting, Premium Glossy Photo Paper Photo Paper depending on what type of roll paper you’ve loaded. See page 37 for details about selecting the correct Media Type.
6. Click the Main tab, if necessary. Select either Select Premium Glossy Photo Premium Glossy Photo Paper Paper or Photo as the Media Photo Paper Paper Type setting, depending on what type of roll paper you’ve Make sure PhotoEnhance loaded. See page 37 for details is turned off about selecting the correct Media Type.
11. Click . Your banner prints with a 0.8-inch (20 mm) leading edge and 0.12-inch (3 mm) margins at the beginning and end of the image. Follow the steps on page 70 to remove and store your banner. If your printer seems to be printing the wrong page size, repeat steps 4 through 11.
5. Select these settings: as the Paper Source; this leaves a margin of at least 0.12-inch Roll Paper (3 mm) at the beginning and end of your image as the Roll Paper Option Banner Click the button and enter the size of your panoramic or banner, Customize name the size, and click .
Printing on Paper Cut from a Roll If you’ll be printing on paper cut from a roll without using the roll paper holders, follow the steps below. 1. Before loading the paper, cut it to the desired length of your image plus two inches for the necessary margins. Cut the edge cleanly, at a 90 degree angle in each corner, to ensure proper loading.
8. Windows: Select as the Paper Size setting, then input the size of User Defined your cut paper. Macintosh: Click the button, then input the size of your cut paper Customize and click . The custom size is automatically selected as the Paper Size setting. (Remember, your cut paper size should be at least two inches longer than your document size to provide the correct margins.) In Windows, click the Paper tab to access the Paper Size and Paper...
If you’re finished printing on roll paper, follow the rest of the steps to remove it. 3. Cut the roll paper on the side of the line facing away from the printer. Make your cut as straight as possible to avoid feeding problems. Don’t pull on the paper as you cut it;...
Maintaining Your Printer This section describes maintenance procedures to keep your printer working at its best and preparation steps for moving your printer. Follow the instructions here for: cleaning the print head (below) replacing an ink cartridge (on page 76) aligning the print head (on page 80) cleaning the printer (on page 81) transporting the printer (on page 82)
Or, with Windows, click , point to , then select . Right-click Start Settings Printers your EPSON Stylus Photo printer icon in the Printers window. Then select in Windows NT, Properties Document Defaults Printing Preferences Windows 2000). 3. Windows: Click the tab.
Make sure paper is loaded in the printer and click Print nozzle check pattern (Windows) or (Macintosh). Then click . The nozzle check Confirmation Next pattern prints (see below for details). 7. If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click Finish If the pattern has any gaps, click to clean the print head again.
File menu, and then click the ink level Print icon in your main printer settings dialog box. Use these EPSON ink cartridges within six months of installing them and before the expiration date on the package: Printer Black Ink Cartridge...
When you need new ink cartridges, contact your dealer or call the EPSON Store at (800) 873-7766. You can also visit the EPSON Store at www.epsonstore.com (U.S. sales only). In Canada, please call (800) 873-7766 for dealer referral. Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges Be sure you have a new ink cartridge before you begin.
4. The color cartridge is on the right and the black cartridge is on the left. Pull up the ink cartridge clamp all the way. The cartridge rises up from its holder. 5. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it carefully.
7. As you’re facing the printer, tilt the ink tabs cartridge forward (toward you) slightly as hooks you lower it into its holder. Locate the tabs at the back of the cartridge. Rest the tabs on top of the hooks on the holder clamp.
Load letter or A4-size paper to print the entire bidirectional alignment test pattern. For the best results, load EPSON ink jet paper in the printer whenever you check the print head alignment. 2. If you have an application running, access the printer settings dialog box as described on page 9 (Windows) or page 15 (Macintosh).
4. You see the Utility menu. Click the button. Print Head Alignment 5. Follow the instructions on the screen to print a test page. 6. Select the most precise alignment pattern from the choices on the test page. Enter the number of the best aligned pattern following the instructions on the screen.
Transporting the Printer If you move your printer some distance, you need to prepare it for transportation in its original box or one of a similar size. Follow these steps: To avoid damage, always leave the ink cartridges installed when transporting the printer.
Then see “Problems and Solutions” on page 87 for solutions to common setup and printing problems. It’s a good idea to check EPSON’s support web site periodically for possible updates to your printer driver. Visit http://support.epson.com and check the section for your product to see if there is a new driver available, free of charge, for downloading to your computer.
Windows: Check the ink level graphic in the printer software. See page 9 for instructions on opening the software. Macintosh: Check the EPSON Monitor 3 utility. See page 76 for instructions on accessing the utility. Then replace the ink cartridge as described on page 76.
Also, make sure you removed all the packing material, as described on the Start Here poster. Then turn the printer back on. If the error isn’t cleared, contact your dealer or EPSON. See page 96 for contact information. P and are off When both lights are off, the printer is not receiving power.
If the check page doesn’t print, you may have a problem with your printer. Try the suggestions in “Problems and Solutions” beginning on page 87. If nothing seems to work, contact your dealer or EPSON as described on page 97.
Problems and Solutions Here are some troubleshooting tips if you have any problems setting up your printer, installing software, or printing. You’re having problems installing Problems Setting Up the printer software. the Printer or Installing Software Make sure your printer is turned on and the printer cable is securely connected at both ends.
Printing Problems For Windows 2000, if you see a Digital Signature Not Found screen, click to continue with Only the Ppower light is on, but the installation. Otherwise your nothing prints. driver installation won’t be Make sure the interface cable completed.
Your printer makes noise when you If you’re using the parallel port, turn it on or after it has been sitting enable ECP/DMA mode. See your for awhile. computer documentation or contact the manufacturer for help. Your printer is performing routine maintenance.
Set the paper thickness lever to the Use EPSON papers to ensure position. Set the lever to the proper saturation and absorption position when you print on thicker of genuine EPSON inks. paper or envelopes. You may also Non-EPSON media may not be...
Your printout is faint or has gaps in The ink cartridges may be old or the image. low on ink. To replace an ink cartridge, see page 76. Try turning off PhotoEnhance. Also check if you’re using a special effect that alters image colors, like Sepia.
Your printout is grainy. Paper doesn’t feed correctly or jams in the printer. Try using a higher quality paper. If paper doesn’t feed, remove it Set the Quality/Speed slider to the from the sheet feeder, reload it setting in your printer Quality against the right edge, then slide the software;...
(If you’re printing on In addition, a great deal of paper EPSON Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer may feed unnecessarily when you Paper, the image should be inverted.) turn your computer off and then on again.
The printer prints blank pages. You see incorrect characters. Make sure your printer is selected Make sure the interface cable is in your application, or as the active securely connected and meets the printer in the Macintosh Chooser. system requirements on page 99 or page 100.
EPSON Stylus Photo and click . Then follow the on-screen instructions. 4. If you’re using the USB port, click in the program EPSON USB Printer Devices list; then click the ) button. Add/Remove Change/Remove 5. Restart your computer when you’re done.
Macintosh when you’re done. Where To Get Help If you need help with your printer or its software (or EPSON Software Film Factory), see the contact information in the next section. If you need help using the photo software that came with your printer, see page 98. If you need help using other software with your printer, see the documentation for that software for technical support information.
EPSON Technical Support EPSON provides technical assistance 24 hours a day through the electronic support services and automated telephone services listed in the following table: Service Access World Wide Web From the Internet, you can reach EPSON Support at http://support.epson.com. At this site, you can download...
EST, Monday through Friday * EPSON Stylus Photo 1280 owners have an exclusive upgrade price of $299 for the full version of Adobe Photoshop. To upgrade or for more information on this offer, call 1-800-492-3623 and mention Source Code 56100. The offer expires 9/30/02.
Notices This chapter includes system requirements, safety instructions, legal notices, and other important information. Windows System Requirements To use your printer and its software, your system should have: ® ® ® A Microsoft Windows compatible PC with a Pentium or better processor, 200 MHz or faster, recommended Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000 64MB of RAM (128MB or more recommended)
Macintosh System Requirements To use your printer and its software, your system should have: ® ™ ® An Apple iMac series or Power Macintosh G3 or G4 with built-in USB port ® OS 8.5.1 or later If you’re running OS 8.5.1 on your iMac, Apple recommends that you install iMac Update 1.1.
ENERGY STAR Compliance As an ENERGY STAR Partner, EPSON has determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency. The EPA ENERGY STAR office equipment program is a voluntary partnership with the computer and office equipment industry to promote the...
Place the printer on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the printer base in all directions. The printer will not operate properly if it is tilted or at an angle. Turn off and unplug the printer before cleaning. Clean with a damp cloth only. Do not spill liquid on the printer.
Do not shake an ink cartridge; this can cause leakage. Do not dismantle the ink cartridges or try to refill them. This could damage the print head. Do not touch the green IC chip on the side of the cartridge. This may affect normal operation and printing.
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Trade Name: EPSON Type of Product: Ink Jet Printer Model: EPSON Stylus Photo 890: P157A EPSON Stylus Photo 1280: P158A...
United States or Canada, conforms to the manufacturer’s specifications and will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Epson also warrants that the consumable ink cartridges enclosed with the printer will perform to the manufacturer’s specified usage,...
ArcSoft PhotoStudio, 2, 98 Automatic mode, 16, 23 Economy setting, 25 Electronic manual, 3, 4 to 6 Envelopes, 36 EPSON Background printing, 17 accessories, 77, 97 Banding, 36, 89 to 90 Film Factory, 2, 47 to 55 Blank pages, 94...
Head Cleaning utility, 73 to 75 Macintosh Help, EPSON, 96 to 97 printer status, 17 to 18 High Quality Ink Jet Paper, 37, 39 printing with, 14 to 18 High Speed setting, 89 system requirements, 100 High-resolution images, 91 uninstalling software, 95...
8, 14, 29 to 36 controlling, 12 to 13, 17 to 18 loading roll, 42 to 46 custom settings, 24 to 25 ordering EPSON, 39 to 40 duplex, 18 to 20 size, 15 Macintosh, 14 to 18 thickness lever, 36, 90...
Settings, custom, 24 to 25 Slow printing, 89 Smears, 36, 90 Uninstalling software, 95 Software USB, 95, 99, 100 photo, 2 to 3, 98 Utilities problems, solving, 87 to 88 Head Cleaning, 73 to 75 reinstalling, 96 Print Head Alignment, 80 to 81 uninstalling, 95 Special effects, 25 Special papers, 29 to 40...
EPSON Ink Jet Papers Use EPSON paper and inks to get the same photo quality results that earn EPSON printers all of their awards! EPSON papers are specially coated to work with EPSON quick drying inks. You’ll notice that when prints come out of your printer, you can immediately handle them. There is no drying time, no smearing or smudging, and your image is clean and smooth.