Illustrated parts catalog
Serial number location
The service tag, affixed to the bottom of the device, provides information that may be needed when
troubleshooting system problems. The service tag provides the following information:
(1) Product name: This is the product name affixed to the front of the device.
(2) Serial number (s/n): This is an alphanumeric identifier that is unique to each product.
(3) Part number/Product number (p/n): This number provides specific information about the product's
hardware components. The part number helps a service technician to determine what components and
parts are needed.
(4) Model description: This is the number used to locate documents, drivers, and support for the device.
(5) Warranty period: This number describes the duration of the warranty period for the device.
When ordering parts or requesting information, provide the device serial number and model description
provided on the service tag.
Chapter 3 Illustrated parts catalog