Listening to the demo songs
Loading the demo songs
1. Press the DISK button (the LED will light) to enter
2. If you've edited or created any new sounds or
songs, save them before proceeding!
Loading the demo songs will replace the contents of
the internal memory, including Programs,
Combinations, Songs, sample data, and so on. If
you've made any edits, save them to the internal
disk or a USB drive before you proceed.
3. Press the File tab and then the Load tab, to go to
the Load page.
4. Make sure that "Drive Select" is set to
The contents of the hard disk will appear.
5. Touch the FACTORY directory to select it.
6. Press the Open button to enter the directory.
7. Touch the PRELOAD.SNG file to select it.
This file contains the demo song, along with all of the
sounds that it needs.
8. Press the Load button to open the dialog box.
9. Select the "Load PRELOAD.PCG too" check box.
With this option checked, the matching .PCG file will
be loaded along with the .SNG file.
10.Select the "Load PRELOAD.KSC too" check box.
With this option checked, the matching .KSC file will
be loaded as well.
11.Set Select .SNG Allocation to Clear.
12.Set .KSC Allocation to Clear RAM & EXs.
13.Press the OK button to load the data.
Playing the demo songs
1. Press the SEQ button (the LED will light) to enter
If you haven't done anything with Sequencer mode
since turning on the power, the P0: Play/REC– MIDI
Track Prog Select/Mixer page will appear.
If this page is not displayed, press the EXIT switch
several times. Although the exact number will depend
on the page you're in, pressing the EXIT switch no
more than three times will always bring you back to
Let's start by listening to song S000.
2. Verify that song S000 is selected.
If another song is selected, touch the song name to
highlight it. Then press the numeric key 0, and then the
3. Press the SEQUENCER START/STOP switch.
The LED will blink, and the song will begin playing
4. If you want to stop playback mid‐way through the
song, press the START/STOP switch once again.
Let's listen to the next song.
5. Select the song name by touching it on the display.
6. Press numeric key 1, and then press the ENTER
This selects Song S001.
Alternatively, you can press the Song Select popup (the
round button located at the left of the song name), and
a list of song names will appear. Select a song, and
press the OK button.
7. Press the SEQUENCER START/STOP switch to
begin playback. To stop playback, press the same
switch once again.
Saving and loading data