Problem: Amplifier does not turn on. Neither the red nor blue indicator lights are on.
Make sure that the amplifier is plugged in, and verify that there is the proper voltage at the wall outlet.
Problem: The red indicator lights, but the blue indicators do not light up when the Power switch is depressed.
1. If the amplifier is being used in a Synthesis system, make sure that the surround processor is turned on and
that all of the necessary power trigger cables are connected between the various system components. Refer
to the "CONNECTING YOUR JBL SYNTHESIS SYSTEM" section for reference.
2. If the amplifier is not being used with a Synthesis system, make sure the power switch is fully pressed in.
Problem: There is no sound from the speakers, but the amplifier is on (blue indicators lit).
1. Make sure that the surround processor or equalizer is on, and that the correct source has been connected
2. Make sure that the correct outputs are connected from the surround processor or equalizer to the amplifier.
3. Make sure that the speakers are connected to the correct terminals. Check for short circuits at both ends of
the speaker cables.
Problem: Not all of the amplifiers turn on in a Synthesis system.
1. Make sure that all required power trigger cables are connected between system components. Refer to the
"CONNECTING YOUR JBL SYNTHESIS SYSTEM" section.
2. Make sure that each amplifier has its switch in the On position.
Problem: Insufficient audio from the speakers. Check that the output levels of the surround processor or
equalizer are set properly.
Problem: Insufficient bass.
Verify that the speakers have been wired to the amplifier with the correct polarity.
Problem: Audible hum from the speakers.
1. Check the power outlets and make sure that there is a solid earth ground present. (The services of an electrician
may be required.)
2. Make sure that all signal cables are routed away from power cords.
3. If these suggestions fail, experiment by running ground wires between the rear-panel screws of the amplifiers
and the other system components, such as the surround processor or signal processing package.
If you still encounter difficulty after trying the above suggestions, call your JBL Synthesis Authorized Dealer or
JBL Synthesis at 516.594.0300 (USA only), or visit www.jblsynthesis.com, for further assistance.