1. Press either the „+" (WARMER) or „-" (COLDER) button.
The temperature display switches over and the DESIRED temperature
currently set flashes on the temperature display.
2. To adjust to a warmer temperature, press the „+" (WARMER) button. To
adjust to a colder temperature, press the „-" (COLDER) button. The
changed setting is immediately displayed on the temperature display.
Each time one of the two buttons is pressed again the DESIRED temper-
ature is adjusted by 1 °C.
Temperature range that can be set: -15 °C to -24 °C.
Note: From a food safety point of view, -18 °C for the freezer compart-
ment should be considered cold enough as a storage temperature.
If the buttons are not pressed again for approx. 5 seconds the tempera-
ture display will change from the DESIRED temperature to the ACTUAL
temperature. The display changes from flashing to illuminated num-
Important! Please check red warning display and temperature display
regularly to assure maintenance of the storage temperature.
Switching the Appliance Off
In order to protect frozen goods, the appliance is guarded against
accidental switching off (child-proof).
1. To switch off press and hold the ON/OFF button for approx. 5 seconds.
A so-called "count down" is started in the temperature display, which
counts backwards from "3" to "1". After "1" is reached the appliance
switches off. Illumination at the temperature display goes off.
The appliance cannot be switched on or off if unplugged, or if there is
no power being supplied to it.
Following connection to the mains power supply, the appliance returns
to the same operating state as before the interruption of main power.
If the appliance is not going to be used for an extended period:
1. Switch appliance off by pressing and holding the ON/OFF button (see
2. Unplug or switch off at the mains supply.
3. Clean thoroughly (see section: "Maintenance and Cleaning").
4. Leave door open to avoid accumulation of odours.
818 22 23-00/1