Description of the appliance
• In normal operation the current freezer compartment temperature is
displayed (ACTUAL temperature).
• During temperature adjustment, a blinking display of the
temperature selected at the moment occurs (DESIRED temperature).
• In the event that frozen food has been partially or totally defrosted,
perhaps as the result of a lengthy power failure, if the WARNING OFF
button is activated the temperature display will show the warmest
temperature the frozen food has reached on restoration of the power
• If there is a fault in the appliance a square will appear in the temper-
1. The FROSTMATIC function is switched on by pressing the FROSTMATIC
button. The yellow light illuminates. The compressor runs continuously.
2. The FROSTMATIC function can be ended manually at any time by press-
ing the FROSTMATIC button again. The yellow light goes out.
If the FROSTMATIC function is not ended manually, the appliance elec-
tronics switch off the FROSTMATIC function after approx. 50 hours. The
yellow light goes out.
Important! Once the FROSTMATIC function has been switched on the
DESIRED temperature that was set originally cannot be changed.
WARNING OFF button
When there is a temperature warning, if the WARNING OFF button is
activated the temperature display will show the warmest temperature
the frozen food has reached on restoration of the power supply.
The temperature display shows several types of
The FROSTMATIC function provides for quick freezing of
fresh food products, and at the same time protects pre-
viously stored goods against undesired warming in the
With the WARNING OFF button, the acoustic warning
signal can be switched off, e.g. the "Open Door" warning
when sorting in or out, the commodities to be frozen.
818 22 23-00/1