Important Safety Instructions
The safety of our appliances is in accordance with recognised techno-
logical standards and appliance safety legislation. We nevertheless feel
that it is important to acquaint you with the following safety guidelines:
Use for Intended Purpose
• The appliance is intended for use at home. Depending on the preset
operation mode, this appliance becomes suitable for freezing, for fro-
zen storage of foods, for ice preparation or for cooling of foods. The
manufacturer assumes no liability for damages occurring through
improper operation or use of the appliance for unintended purposes.
• Alterations or changes to the appliance are not permitted for reasons
• If you should use this appliance in a commercial application or for
purposes other than freezing, or frozen storage of foods or for
cooling of foods, please observe all valid legal regulations for your
Prior to initial start-up
• Check the appliance for transport damage. Do not under any
circumstances connect a damaged appliance! Please contact your
supplier in the event of damage.
The refrigerant isobutane (R600a) is contained within the refrigerant
circuit of the appliance, a natural gas with a high level of
environmental compatibility, which is nevertheless flammable.
• Warning - During transportation and installation of the appliance,
be certain that none of the components of the refrigerant circuit
• If the refrigerant circuit should become damaged:
– avoid open flames and sources of ignition;
– thoroughly ventilate the room in which the appliance is situated.
Safety for Children
• Packaging materials (e.g. films, styrofoam) can be dangerous for
children. Danger of suffocation! Keep packaging materials away from
• Before disposing of old appliances make them inoperable. Remove
plug from mains, sever the power cable, remove or destroy any snap
or latch closures. This eliminates the danger that playing children lock
818 22 23-00/1