MOTORCYCLE CARE AND STORAGE
1. Clean the motorcycle with cold
water and a mild detergent, after
the engine has cooled down.
Do not use warm water since it in-
creases the corrosive action of the
2. After drying the motorcycle, apply
a corrosion protection spray on all
metal, including chrome- and nick-
el-plated, surfaces to prevent cor-
1. Dry the motorcycle with a chamois
or an absorbing cloth.
2. Use a chrome polish to shine
chrome, aluminum and stainless-
steel parts, including the exhaust
system. (Even the thermally in-
duced discoloring of stainless-
steel exhaust systems can be re-
moved through polishing.)
3. To prevent corrosion, it is recom-
mended to apply a corrosion pro-
including chrome- and nickel-plat-
4. Use spray oil as a universal clean-
er to remove any remaining dirt.
5. Touch up minor paint damage
caused by stones, etc.
6. Wax all painted surfaces.
7. Let the motorcycle dry completely
before storing or covering it.
Make sure that there is no oil or
wax on the brakes or tires.
If necessary, clean the brake
discs and brake linings with a
regular brake disc cleaner or ac-
etone, and wash the tires with
warm water and a mild deter-
gent. Before riding at higher
speeds, test the motorcycle's
braking performance and cor-
Apply spray oil and wax spar-
ingly and make sure to wipe off
Never apply oil or wax to any
rubber and plastic parts, but
treat them with a suitable care
Avoid using abrasive polishing
compounds as they will wear
away the paint.