INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS
1. Storage compartment cover
To close the storage compartment
1. Place the storage compartment
cover in its original position as
2. Turn the key counterclockwise, re-
move it, and then close the lock
Adjusting the shock absorber
The shock absorber assembly is locat-
ed under the rider seat and is equipped
with a spring preload adjusting ring.
Never attempt to turn an adjusting
mechanism beyond the maximum
or minimum settings.
Adjust the spring preload as follows.
1. Remove the rider seat. (See
page 3-11 [XVS1100] or 3-13
[XVS1100A] for rider seat removal
and installation procedures.)
1. Quick fastener ( 3)
2. Remove each quick fastener from
the ignitor unit panel by pushing
the center in with a screwdriver,
then pulling the fastener out.