The Sharp Shooter II is a professional metal detector. The concepts
and terminology can be quite unfamiliar if you are new to the
hobby. To understand it quickly and to get the most enjoyment
possible from your detector, we strongly recommend that you:
1) Turn the Sensitivity knob to a low setting if you get false
signals. A little practice is required to understand when and how
you can use the sensitivity at or near 100%.
2) Do not use indoors. This detector is for outdoor use only. Many
household appliances emit electromagnetic energy, which can
interfere with the detector.
demonstration, turn the sensitivity down and keep the search
coil away from all floors, walls and metal objects.
3) Do not test by placing coins on the floor. Most floors contain
4) Read this manual.
Most importantly, review the Summary of Operating Modes .
5) Sweep the search coil from side-to-side. Coil motion is required
in the motion modes to detect metal.
6) Use 9volt ALKALINE batteries only.
Do not use Heavy Duty batteries.
Do not use normal Zinc-Carbon batteries.
If conducting an indoor