READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
always exercise basic safety precautions, including the
• Use this appliance only for its intended purpose
• This refrigerator must be properly installed in
• Do not allow children to climb, stand or hang
• Do not touch the cold surfaces in the freezer
• Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable
• In refrigerators with automatic icemakers,
DANGER: RISK OF CHILD ENTRAPMENT
Child entrapment and suffocation are not
problems of the past. Junked or abandoned
refrigerators are still dangerous...even if they
will sit for "just a few days." If you are getting
rid of your old refrigerator, please follow the
instructions below to help prevent accidents.
All refrigeration products contain refrigerants,
which under federal law must be removed prior
to product disposal.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using this appliance,
as described in this Owner's Manual.
accordance with the Installation Instructions
before it is used.
on the shelves in the refrigerator. They could
damage the refrigerator and seriously injure
compartment when hands are damp or wet.
Skin may adhere to these extremely cold
vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any
avoid contact with moving parts of the ejector
mechanism, or with the heating element located
on the bottom of the icemaker. Do not place
fingers or hands on the automatic icemaking
mechanism while the refrigerator is plugged in.
• Keep fingers out of the "pinch point" areas:
clearances between the doors and between
the doors and cabinet are necessarily small.
Be careful closing doors when children are
in the area.
• Unplug your refrigerator before cleaning and
making repairs. NOTE: We strongly recommend
that any servicing be performed by a qualified
• Before replacing a burned-out light bulb,
the refrigerator should be unplugged in order
to avoid contact with a live wire filament.
(A burned-out light bulb may break when
NOTE: Turning control to OFF does not remove power
to the light circuit.
• Do not refreeze frozen foods which have thawed
• Always clean the CustomCool
Before You Throw Away Your Old
Refrigerator or Freezer:
• Take off the doors.
• Leave the shelves in place so that children
may not easily climb inside.
If you are getting rid of an old refrigeration
product, check with the company handling
the disposal about what to do.