• TEMPORARY USE OF AN EXTENSION CORD. We strongly discourage the
use of an extension cord due to potential safety hazards. For temporary
situations, use only CSA and UL certified 3-prong grounded extension
cords designed and approved specifically for air conditioners.
• To prevent injury from handling sharp objects, do not touch the metal parts
of the unit when removing the filter.
• Do not block the air inlet or air outlet. It may cause failure of the
• Always store and transport the air conditioner upright to maintain the
compressor in a proper condition. Prior to installation, allow air conditioner
to stand upright for 12 hours.
• Only operate the unit on an even horizontal surface to ensure no water
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience
and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the
• Do not insert the power plug into a wall outlet if either is loose or
damaged. It may cause fire and electric shock.
• Unplug the unit if strange sounds, odors or smoke come from it.
• Hold the plug by the head when unplugging the unit. Do not pull on the
• Unplug the air conditioner if it will not be used for a long period to
prevent accidental startup and the possibility of injury.
• Do not place heavy objects on the power cord, and take care so that the
cord will not be damaged.
• Clean the air filters regularly. A contaminated air filter reduces capacity.
• Use a soft cloth to clean. Do not use wax, thinners or a strong detergent.
The appearance of the air conditioner may deteriorate, change color or
develop surface flaws.
• Do not use water to clean inside the air conditioner. Exposure to water can
destroy the insulation, leading to possible electric shock.
• If water enters the product, turn off the power switch of the main body of
• Being exposed to direct airflow for an extended period of time could be
hazardous to your health.
• Do not use this air conditioner for refrigeration purposes (e.g. preserving
precision devices, food, pets, plants and art objects.)
• Due to the possibility of oxygen deficiency within the room, ventilate the
room when used together with stoves or other heating devices.
• The air conditioner is a consumer comfort appliance, not a precision
climate control system.
• Always insert the filter securely. Never operate without a filter.
• Do not drink water drained from air conditioner. It contains contaminants
that may make you sick.
• Do not use this unit in conditions where the temperature may fall below
50°F (10°C). Failure to do so can cause severe damage to the unit.