USING THE REMOTE
• The remote control must be within 16 feet (5 meters) of the receiver on the main
unit. Reception is confirmed by a beep from the main unit.
• The remote control will not operate if curtains, doors or other material block the
signal from the remote control to the receiver.
• Prevent any liquid from falling into the remote control. For proper remote control
functioning, do not expose the window kit receiver to direct sunlight or heat.
• If other appliances react to the remote control, move them out of the way.
• When using the out-of-room air conditioning mode, point the remote control to the
receiver in the window kit. Reception is confirmed by an LED flash in the receiver.
• Do not store the remote control where temperatures will be above 140°F (60°C) or
below 23°F (-5°C).
• IMPORTANT: If you change the temperature scale (F° or C°) on the main unit
control panel, you must also change the scale to be the same on the remote
control. If not, the main unit scale will revert to that of the remote when you use
the remote control. Hold the Mode button on the remote control for 10 seconds to
change the temperature scale.
NOTE: After switching the unit on, the ventilator fan operates, but the
compressor only starts after the mode indicator has flashed for 3 minutes.
Cool air will start to blow once the compressor starts, but it may take up
to another 5 minutes to feel the cooling effect in the room. This is done as
a protection mechanism to prolong compressor life. Further information is
available in the "Troubleshooting" section.
AIR CONDITIONING MODE – IN-ROOM OPERATION
The unit stands in the room to be cooled.
We recommend starting your unit early in the morning on warm days for
maximum effect. This unit has a self-evaporation system to eliminate water
that condenses in the unit during cooling; there is no water tank to empty.
The drainage hose MUST NOT be connected for IN-ROOM air conditioning
mode. Please make sure that the water outlet is closed with the rubber cap
installed during operation.
• Connect the exhaust hose and the adjustable air vent to the unit as
displayed in the illustration. The hose must be connected to the side with
the warm air icon (
). The warm air emitted from unit must exit the room
through the exhaust hose.
• Use the MODE button to set the unit function to COOLING. Adjust the set
temperature using the TEMP up or down buttons. The cooling temperature
can be set from 65°F to 90°F (17°C to 32°C).