Never lean over the grill cooking area while
lighting your gas grill. Keep your face and body
a safe distance (at least 18 inches) from the
cooking grid surface when lighting your grill by
Manually Lighting Your Grill by Match
1. Insert a match into the manual lighting stick.
2. Follow steps 1 through 5 of the Basic Lighting
3. Light the match and extend the lighting stick to
cooking grid surface.
4. Turn the desired control knob to the
position setting to release gas. The burner should
Should a "FLASH-BACK" fire occur in/or
around the burner tubes, follow the instructions
below. Failure to comply with these instructions
could result in a fire or explosion that could
cause serious bodily injury, death, or property
• Shut off gas supply to the gas grill.
• Turn the control knobs to OFF position.
• Put out any flame with a proper fire extinguisher.
• Open grill lid.
• Once the grill has cooled down, clean the burner
tubes and burners according to the cleaning
instructions found on page 18.
IGNITE / HI
If Grill Still Fails To Light
1. Check gas supply and connections for leaks. Check
that all wire connections are secure.
2. Repeat basic lighting procedure. If your grill still
fails to operate, turn the gas off at source, turn the
control knobs to OFF, then check the following:
• Misalignment of burner tubes over orifices
Correction: Reposition burner tubes over orifices.
• Plugged orifice
Correction: Remove burners from grill, carefully lift
each burner up and away from gas valve orifice.
Remove the orifice from gas valve and gently clear
any obstruction with a fine wire. Then reinstall all
orifices, burners, and cooking components.
3. If an obstruction is suspected in grill burner valves,
please call for repair service at 1-800-4-MY-HOME.
4. If the grill still does not light you may need to purge
air from the gas line or reset the pressure regulator
excess gas flow device. Note: This procedure should
be done every time a new LP gas tank is connected to
To purge air from your gas line and/or reset the
pressure regulator excess gas flow device:
• Turn all control knobs to the OFF position.
• Turn off the gas at the tank valve.
• Disconnect pressure regulator from LP gas tank.
• Let unit stand for 5 minutes.
• Reconnect pressure regulator to the LP gas tank.
• Turn the tank valve on slowly until ¼ to ½ open.
• Open the grill lid.
• Push and turn any control knob to HIGH.
• Turn control knobs to HIGH until all the burners are
• You may start to use the grill
5. If all checks or corrections have been made and
you still have questions about operating your gas grill,
call the Grill Information Center at 1-800-913-8999