A tank of approximately 12 inches in diameter by 18-1/2
inches high is the maximum size LP gas tank to use.
You must use an OPD gas tank which offers an
Overfill Prevention Device.
This safety feature prevents the tank from being
overfilled which can cause malfunction of the LP gas
tank, pressure regulator and/or grill.
The LP gas tank must be constructed and marked in
accordance with specifications of the U.S. Dept. of
Transportation (DOT). In Canada, the LP gas tank must
meet the National Standard of Canada ,CAN/CSA-B339 ,
Cylinders , spheres and Tubes for Transportation of
Dangerous Goods and Commission .
1. The LP gas tank must have a shutoff valve,
terminating in an LP gas supply tank valve outlet, that is
compatible with a Type 1 tank connection device. The LP
gas tank must also have a safety relief device that has a
direct connection with the vapor space of the tank.
2. The tank supply system must be arranged for vapor
3. The LP gas tank used must have a collar to protect the
Proper Placement and Clearance of Grill
Never use your gas grill in a garage, porch, shed,
breezeway or any other enclosed area. Your gas grill is
to be used outdoors only, at least 24 inches from the
back and side of any combustible surface. Your gas grill
should not be used under overhead combustible
construction . Do not obstruct the flow of ventilation air
around the gas grill housing.
• Do not install this outdoor gas grill in or on recreational
vehicles or boats
• Keep outdoor gas grill area clear and free from
combustible materials, gasoline and other flammable
vapors and liquids
• Do not obstruct the flow of combustion and ventilation
air. Check for this each time prior to using grill.
• Never connect an unregulated LP gas tank to your gas
grill. The gas pressure regulator assembly supplied with
your gas grill is adjusted to have an outlet pressure of 11"
water column (W.C.) for connection to an LP gas tank.
• Only use the pressure regulator and the hose assembly
supplied with your gas grill. Replacement pressure
regulators and hose assemblies must be those specified
in this manual.
• Have your LP gas tank filled by a reputable
propane gas dealer and visually inspected and re-
qualified at each filling.
• Do not store a spare LP gas tank under or
• near this appliance.
• Never fill the tank beyond 80 percent full . If this
information is not followed exactly a fire causing
death or serious injury may occur.
• Always keep LP gas tanks in an upright position.
• Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable
vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this gas grill.
• Do not subject the LP gas tank to excessive heat.
• Never store an LP gas tank indoors. If you store
your gas grill in the garage or other indoor
location, always disconnect the LP gas tank first
and store it safely outside.
• Place dust cap on cylinder valve outlet whenever
the cylinder is not in use. Only install the type of
dust cap on the cylinder valve outlet that is
provided with the cylinder valve. Other types of
caps or plugs may result in leakage of propane.
• LP gas tanks must be stored outdoors in a well-
ventilated area and out of reach of children.
Disconnected LP gas tanks must not be stored in
a building, garage or any other enclosed area.
• When your gas grill is not in use the gas must be
turned off at the LP gas tank.
• The pressure regulator and hose assembly must
be inspected before each use of the grill. If there
is excessive abrasion or wear or if the hose is cut,
it must be replaced prior to the grill being used
• Keep the gas pressure regulator hose away from
hot grill surfaces and dripping grease. Avoid
unnecessary twisting of hose. Visually inspect the
hose prior to each use for cuts, cracks, excessive
wear or other damage. If the hose appears
damaged do not use the gas grill. Call 1-800-4-
MY-HOME for a replacement hose.
• Never light your gas grill with the lid closed or
before checking to ensure the burner tubes are
fully seated over the gas valve orifices.
• Never allow children to operate your grill.
Always keep the LP cylinder at
90° (upright) orientation to
provide vapor withdraw.