Thank you for purchasing the fi-5530C Duplex Color Scanner. This document describes how to use fi-5530C and basic operation methods. Before you start using fi-5530C be sure to thoroughly read this manual to ensure correct use. The "Operator’s Guide" stored on the Setup CD Rom...
Windows Me WindowsNT Windows 2000 Windows XP Where there is no distinction between the different versions of the above operating system, the general term "Windows " is used. fi-5530C Image Scanner Getting Started ® ® Microsoft Windows operating system ®...
Make sure that any smoke coming from it has stopped, before contacting the store where you bought the scanner or an authorized FUJITSU scanner service provider. fi-5530C Image Scanner Getting Started...
When the scanner is not going to be used for a long period of time, be sure to disconnect the power plug from the power outlet for safety.
If any parts are missing or defective, contact your scan- ner dealer or an authorized FUJITSU scanner service provider. Handle the scanner and accessories with care. 1.2 Names of Parts This section describes the names of parts.
Turns the scanner ON and OFF. Lights when the scanner is turned ON. *) About the settings on the launcher, refer to FUJITSU TWAIN32 scanner driver help and the "fi-5530C Operator’s Guide" on the Setup CD-ROM. ■ Indications on the Function...
2.1 Installing the Scanner 1. Place the scanner at its installation site. For details on the scanner's dimensions and required installation space, refer to the fi-5530C Operator’s Guide "7.2 Installation Specifications" on the Setup CD-ROM. 2. Attach the ADF paper chute.
The factory initial setting for SCSI ID is "5". 1. Press the power button at least for two sec- onds to turn off the scanner if it is on. Discon- nect the AC cable from the outlet. 2. Set the SCSI ID using the SCSI ID switch on the back of the scanner.
Uninstall [Scanner Utility for Microsoft Win- ATTENTION dows] from [Add/Remove Programs] on the control panel. • There are two types of FUJITSU TWAIN 32: One of the following driver software will be automatically installed according to your Oper- ating System (OS).
10. When the [InstallShield Wiizard Complete] win- dow appears, click [Finish]. Your computer will be restarted and the scanner will be detected. Do not remove the Setup CD-ROM from the CD drive until your PC has completely restarted.
1. Load the documents on the scanner. For details on how to set documents, refer to the "1.2 Loading Documents on the ADF for Scan- ning" in the fi-5530C Operator’s Guide provided in the CD-ROM. 2. Start ScandAll21 Select [Start] - [Programs] - [Scanner Utility for Microsoft Windows] - [ScandAll 21].
If the scanning is completed without any troubles, the installation was performed successfully. For details on various types of scanning, refer to the "fi-5530C Operator’s Guide" on the Setup CD-ROM. For FUJITSU ISIS Scanner Driver ■ Preparation Confirm the following items before installing the appli- cation.
2000 or Windows XP, log on as a user with "Administrator" privileges. 1. Insert the Setup CD-ROM into a CD drive. ⇒ <SETUP DISK STARTUP SCREEN> appears. 2. Click [INSTALL PRODUCTS]. fi-5530C Image Scanner Getting Started " is an image capturing software that...
1. Load the documents on the scanner. For details on loading documents, refer to "1.2 Loading Documents on the ADF for Scanning" in the fi-5530C Operator's Guide on the Setup CD- ROM. 2. Start QuickScan Pro From [Start] menu select [Programs]-[Quick- Scan]-[QuickScan].
6. When the [InstallShield Wiizard Complete] win- dow appears, click [Finish]. Image Processing Software Option For details on the installation of the Image Processing Software Option, refer to the "Image Processing Soft- ware Option USER’S GUIDE". fi-5530C Image Scanner Getting Started (Trial)
® Adobe Acrobat Install Adobe Acrobat from the "Adobe Acrobat CD-ROM" provided with this scanner. Adobe Acrobat bundled with this scanner ATTENTION is not supported by Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98 /98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows NT4.0, Microsoft Win- dows Me.
This displays the "Add or remove Programs" screen which displays a list of the currently installed applications. 4. Select the application to uninstall. • When uninstalling FUJITSU TWAIN 32 scanner driver, select "Scanner Utility for Microsoft Win- dows". • When uninstalling Scandall 21, select "ScandAll 21".
5. Click the [Change/Remove] or [Remove] but- ton. 6. When the confirmation dialogbox appears, Click the [OK] or [Yes] button. ⇒ This executes the uninstallation. Screen displays may vary slightly accord- ATTENTION ing to the operation system (OS) you are using.
Clean dirty locations. Use the documents that satisfy the "Document Quality" and the "Multi feed Detection Condi- tions" in the chapter 6 of the fi-5530C Operator’s Guide. Fan the documents before scanning. Correctly align the document stack and load them on the ADF paper chute.
Check this item Use the documents that satisfy the "Document Quality" and the "Multi feed Detection Condi- tions" in the chapter 6 of the fi-5530C Operator’s Guide. Clean the Pick roller. Refer to the Operator's Guide "3.2. Cleaning the ADF".
Removing Jammed Documents" on the Setup CD-ROM..) 2. Confirm that the documents meet the paper conditions for scanning. (Refer to fi-5530C Operator’s Guide "6.2 Doc- ument Quality" on the Setup CD-ROM.) • "U2" error Press the [Send to] button on the Operator Panel.
Moisten a cloth with this fluid and wipe the scanner clean. For details on the cleaning the ADF, refer to "3.2 clean- ing the ADF" in fi-5530C Operator’s Guide on the Setup CD-ROM". Part to clean Standard Cleaning Cycle Clean these parts after every 5,000 scans.
0002 Pick roller PA03334- 0001 To purchase consumables, contact the store where you purchased the scanner or an authorized FUJITSU scanner service provider. The replacement cycles above are rough guidelines when using A4/Letter woodfree or wood containing paper 64 g/m (17 lb).
Image Scanner Getting Started P3PC-1342-02EN Date of issuance: June, 2006 Issuance responsibility: PFU LIMITED Copying of the contents of this manual in whole or in part and copying of the scanner application is forbidden under the copyright law. The contents of this manual are subject to change without notice.