Fujitsu SCSI Scanner Installation Procedures
If you are installing the following models by means of the SCSI interface then use this
If you are going to use the USB interface of a dual SCSI/USB model then use the USB scanner
installation guide. For Scansnap models please use the Scansnap installation guide.
You will need a PC system that meets our recommended specifications, an appropriate SCSI
controller, and a SCSI cable (six foot recommended maximum). For recommended PC system
specifications and SCSI controllers please reference the
You may also need your Operating System Disk.
Step A: Installing the SCSI Host Adapter (Adaptec).
1. Shut down your PC and remove the case cover.
2. Locate a free PCI slot and remove the back plate if necessary.
3. Install the SCSI controller in an open PCI slot.
Make sure that the card is seated completely in the slot and secured in the frame
Warning! Failure to secure the SCSI controller in the PC can result in damage to the
SCSI card, scanner, and/or your system.
4. Boot your PC without the scanner attached
Step B: Installing the SCSI drivers (Adaptec).
5. When the New Hardware wizard comes up, allow Windows to finish installing the
hardware files for the SCSI controller.
6. Then either install/update the ASPI drivers from the CD or go to www.adaptec.com,
and click on the "search" tab.
7. For Windows 95\98 or ME scroll down to the "Enter key word or quoted phrase" box
and type in "aspi32".
8. Next scroll down to the drivers section, click on ASPI32 and follow the prompts to
download it your desktop or a new folder.
9. Afterwards go to that location and double click on the "aspi32.exe" icon and follow
10. When the message "ASPI is up to date" appears, reboot and go to the next step.
Scanner Hardware Reference
Page 1 of 7