Copyright Copyright 2006 by Acer Inc., All rights reserved. No part of this production may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any languages or computer language, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Acer Computer GmbH.
Contents Safety Declaration Product Description 1. Main Characteristics 2. Product Distribution Diagram 3. Packed Accessories 4. Battery Charge 5. Connection of External Interface 6. Use of Remote Controller 7. USB Drive Installation 8. Disk Directory Management 9. Safe Movement and Removal Basic Functions 1.
Walking on the street Any situation that needs full concentration 8. If you want to format the disk of MP500 Player, please select FAT32 to format it. Please don’t carry out partition of the disk of MP500 Player. 9. Please don’t use liquid or spraying agent to clean this unit. Please use soft, wet cloth to wipe this unit.
AV Input and Output – Supports AV input interface. You can enjoy television programs through the large screen of MP500, and you can carry out remote control via infrared. Also supports AV output interface, and you can transfer video and MÚSICA signals the MP500 is playing to peripheral MÚSICA and video output devices (such as television).
4.1 Installation of Battery 1) Confirm the power of MP500 player has been turned off, and open the cover of battery chamber as per the indicated direction. 2) Load the chargeable battery and close the cover of battery chamber.
5. Connection of External Interface 1) Connect Television for viewing Use AV cable to connect to AV out socket of MP500 Player and input socket of signal of television. 2) Connect Television for Recording Connect the output socket of signal of television set and AV input socket of MP500 Player through AV cable.
S/N Remote Controller Function Escape (or back to the previous level) MENU Enter into the interface of menu Direction selection (up) ENTER Confirm LEFT/LAST Direction selection (left)/previous file RIGHT/NEXT Direction selection (right)/next file DOWN Direction selection (down) VOLUME Decrease the volume VOLUME Increase the volume Toggle the screen...
2) Click <OK>, and restart computer. The installation of driver is finished; Confirm the USB driver has been installed. 1) Turn on the power of MP500 and use USB cord to connect with computer. 2) Select [Control Panel / System / Device Manager]. The following interface is to be...
1) Power on: Hold down the on/off key for 2 seconds, and the screen will display the power on logo of Acer. It will enter into the interface of main menu. 2) Power off: Hold down on/off key for 2 seconds, and unit will turn off after [power off] is indicated in interface.
2. Video Play 1) Select video function on the main interface and press Enter key to confirm, and enter into the interface of video file list. 2) Press “menu” key to call up the file operation menu. The detailed operation method is shown in the description in the file operation section.
b. View, new, copy, move, paste, delete, rename c. File information: Open or close the file information column. 3) In the video file list interface, use ‘up” or “down” keys to select your desired video file and press “Enter” key to start play. 4) During the playback of video, you can perform the following operations: a.
2) Press “menu” key to call up the menu of file operation, and the detailed operation method is stated in the description of file operation section. a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” and return to the main interface. b. View, new, copy, move, paste, delete and rename: Refer to file operation description.
4) During MÚSICA playback, you can perform the following operations: a. Press “Esc” key to stop playback and return to file directory list. b. Press “up” or “down” keys to adjust the volume of video playback. c. Press “Enter” key once to Suspend the playback, and press “Enter” again to resume playback.
1) Select “photo” function in the main interface and press “Enter” key to confirm, and to enter into the interface of photo file list. 2) Press “menu” key to call up the file operation menu and the detailed operation method is shown in description of file operation section.
Desktop Background: Select “setup as background” function in the above menu, and the current picture will be set as desktop background. In the MP500, the stored pictures can be set as desktop background by using such function.
2) Press “menu” key to call up the file operation menu and the detailed operation method is shown in the description of file operation section. a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” and return to the main interface. b. View, new, copy, move, paste, delete and rename: Refer to file operation description.
6. Viewing and Recording of External Programs Before powering on this unit, please use AV cable to connect the AV input connector of MP500 Player, and AV output connector of A/V device, respectively. 1) Program Record: a. In the main interface, select “Record” and press “Enter” key to confirm that it has...
MÚSICA. (For the connection, please refer to the User’s Manual of AV device). b. Turn on the MP500 Player and TV or stereo MÚSICA device, and set up the MP500 for normal video or MÚSICA playback. Eventually press “Suspend” key (don’t press it for a long time), the video will convert into TV display, and MÚSICA will convert...
1) In the main interface, select “file” and press “Enter” key to confirm that unit has entered into the selection interface of storage device. You can store the data file or MÚSICA or video files in the hard disk or extended storage device (such as SD/MMC card). 2) If your data file or MÚSICA file or video file is stored in the hard drive, select C drive, and press “Enter”...
a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” and return to the main interface. b. View: Select “view” to enter into the selected directory. (if the folder is selected, such operation will appear in the menu). c. Copy: Select the file or folder you want to copy, press “menu” key to call up the operation menu, select “copy”, then press “Menu”...
1) Select “Setup” in the main interface, and press “Enter” key to confirm, and to enter system setup interface. System setup menu includes the following content: a. Display: This menu setup item includes backlight brightness, text color, focus text color and focus color. Backlight Brightness: To setup the backlight brightness: 10% (10% of full brightness), 20% (20% of full brightness)…100% (full brightness).
c. System Setup: This menu setup item includes setups of language, television, system information and factory defaults. Language: To setup the interface language as eight languages such as simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, English, German, French, Italian , Spanish and Holandés. Television: To setup the formats of television: PAL/NTSC.
9. Video File Format Conversion WMV9 Video Conversion: Microsoft Windows Media Encoder 9 Series can convert video/MÚSICA into Windows Media file format, which is a very strong conversion tool. The following will briefly introduce the conversion process and the steps of use of Windows Media Encoder. Notes: Computer system requirements: a.
2) Connect this product with the computer through USB cord. 3) Copy the latest firmware file to the root directory in the in-board hard disk of MP500 Player. 4) Normally disconnect the connection between this product and the USE cord of computer.
Note: Please ensure the power capacity is enough before upgrade. If the power is interrupted during the upgrade process, this product may suffer serious damage. So, connect the power adapter before upgrade to ensure a continuous power supply. IV Frequently Asked Questions and Solutions This section will provide solutions for some common problems during the use of this product.
V Product Specifications Category Parameter Specifications 1.8” 20GB Hard Disk System Built-in Storage SD/MMC / MMC Card File Management Single file copy & paste, File/ Folder deletion, Rename and Folder Creation FAT 16/32 File System Power, Suspend, Up, Down, Left, Right, Esc, User Interface Key Definition Mode, Lock...
Supported File Types And Functions File Type Description MPEG-4 Simple Profile 720*480 @ 30fps MPEG-4(*.ASF, 2-channels MPEG-1 & 2 Layer3(MP3) *.AVI) Video Bit rate Up to 4Mbps MPEG-4 Simple Profile 720*480 @ 30fps MPEG-4(*.MP4) 2-channels MPEG-4 AAC-LC Video Bit rate Up to 4Mbps Up to 640*352 @ 30fps, MPEG-1&2 Layer Video XVID (*.AVI)