Copyright Copyright 2006 by Acer Inc., All rights reserved. No part of this production may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any languages or computer language, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Acer Computer GmbH.
Contents Safety Declaration Product Description 1. Main Characteristics 2. Product Distribution Diagram 3. Packed Accessories 4. Battery Charge 5. Connection of External Interface 6. Use of Remote Controller 7. USB Drive Installation 8. Disk Directory Management 9. Safe Movement and Removal III Basic Functions 1.
Li-Polymer battery. With the use of Acer MP500 product, you can play video or music files with different formats, which will bring you outstanding visual and music experience. And you can record music and video signals.
Chinese, traditional Chinese, English, German, French, Italian , Spanish and Dutch. Firmware upgrade – Support firmware upgrade. 2. Button Location 3. Packaging / Accessories Please confirm the packaging and accessories have the contents below: Acer MP500 Player Chargeable Li-Polymer battery User’s Manual Power Adapter Installation CD AV Cable...
4.2 Power Volume Indication Battery is fully charged Battery is partially drained Battery is drained Note: If the power volume indication of battery shows only one block or is empty, it indicates the power supply is obviously lacking, please charge the battery. 4.3 Charging of Battery You can use the external power adapter to charge the battery.
1) Connect Television for viewing Use AV cable to connect to AV out socket of MP500 Player and input socket of signal of television. 2) Connect Television for Recording Connect the output socket of signal of television set and AV input socket of MP500 Player through AV cable.
S/N Remote Controller Function Escape (or back to the previous level) MENU Enter into the interface of menu Direction selection (up) ENTER Confirm LEFT/LAST Direction selection (left)/previous file RIGHT/NEXT Direction selection (right)/next file DOWN Direction selection (down) VOLUME Decrease the volume VOLUME Increase the volume Toggle the screen...
Confirm the USB driver has been installed. 1) Turn on the power of MP500 and use USB cord to connect with computer. 2) Select [Control Panel / System / Device Manager]. The following interface is to be displayed; 3) Select the hard disk drive and the installed USB driver will be displayed; Note: If the USB driver hasn’t been displayed as per the above, please uninstall the USB drive and reinstall it.
Note: Please don’t delete manually such default directories as [video], [music], [photo], [textbook], [VideoRecorder] and [MusicRecorder] under the root directory of disk because the deletion of such directories will result in the abnormal operation of this product. If these directories above have been deleted unintentionally, please re-open these directories after this unit is shut off, and the MP500 Player will automatically establish such directories for you.
1) Power on: Hold down the on/off key for 2 seconds, and the screen will display the power on logo of Acer. It will enter into the interface of main menu. 2) Power off: Hold down on/off key for 2 seconds, and unit will turn off .
1) Select video function on the main interface and press Enter key to confirm, and enter into the interface of video file list. 2) Press “menu” key to call up the file operation menu. The detailed operation method is shown in the description in the file operation section. a.
(Pause, ff, rewind, next, previous, repeat mode, and ratio of width and height) (Repeat mode: single repeat, non-stop repeat) (Ratio of width and height: 4:3, 16:9, original dimension display, ratio of width and height) Note: Use “right” or “left” keys to select the menus above and use “Enter” key to confirm.
a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” and return to the main interface. b. View, new, copy, move, paste, delete and rename: Refer to file operation description. c. File information: Open or close the file information column. 3) In the interface of music file list, use “up” or “down” keys to select music file, and press “Enter”...
(Pause, fast forward, rewind, previous, next, repeat mode A-B repeat reading, ID3 information, EQ function, and background music) (Repeat mode: Single repeat, non-stop repeat, and random play) (Music information, and display of LRC lyric) Note: Use “left” or “right” keys to select the above menu, and use “Enter” key to confirm. Press “Esc”...
2) Press “menu” key to call up the file operation menu and the detailed operation method is shown in description of file operation section. a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” and return to the main interface. b. View, new, copy, move, paste, delete and rename: Refer to file operation description.
1) Select “E-book” function in the main interface and press “Enter” key to confirm, and to enter into the interface of E-book file list. 2) Press “menu” key to call up the file operation menu and the detailed operation method is shown in the description of file operation section.
description. c. File information: Open or close the file information column. 3) In the E-book file list interface: Use “up” or “down” keys to select E-book, and press “Enter” key to open and display electronic book on the screen. 4) During the electronic book reading period, you can perform the following operations: a.
MP500 Player, and AV output connector of A/V device, respectively. 1) Program Record: a. In the main interface, select “Record” and press “Enter” key to confirm that it has entered into the recording interface. b. Select the “RecKind”: “Video”, “Music” (only records music) with signal input, and speech (only recorded by microphone), and press “Enter”...
1) In the main interface, select “file” and press “Enter” key to confirm that unit has entered into the selection interface of storage device. You can store the data file or music or video files in the hard disk or extended storage device (such as SD/MMC card). 2) If your data file or music file or video file is stored in the hard drive, select C drive, and press “Enter”...
a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” and return to the main interface. b. View: Select “view” to enter into the selected directory. (if the folder is selected, such operation will appear in the menu). c. Copy: Select the file or folder you want to copy, press “menu” key to call up the operation menu, select “copy”, then press “Menu”...
1) Select “Setup” in the main interface, and press “Enter” key to confirm, and to enter system setup interface. 2) System setup menu includes the following content: a. Display: This menu setup item includes backlight brightness, text color, focus text color and focus color.
c. System Setup: This menu setup item includes setups of language, television, system information and factory defaults. Language: To setup the interface language as eight languages such as simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, English, German, French, Italian , Spanish and Dutch. Television: To setup the formats of television: PAL/NTSC.
You can download the firmware with new revision, and you can upgrade this product through the following steps. 1) Visit homepage of Acer Company (Http://www.acer-euro.com) and download the latest firmware file of this product. 2) Connect this product with the computer through USB cord.
Answer: 1) Please check the [power off] setup in the [system set] of main menu interface; 2) Please check if the battery power is low, if so it should be charged. 5. Question: LCD screen suddenly powers off Answer: Please check if Pause key is pressed and screen conversion has begun. 6.
V Product Specifications Category Parameter Specifications System Built-in Storage 1.8” 20GB Hard Disk SD / MMC Card File Management Single file copy & paste, File/ Folder deletion, Rename and Folder Creation FAT 16/32 File System User Interface Key Definition Power, Suspend, Up, Down, Left, Right, Esc, Mode, Lock Infrared sensor Remote Control...
Supported File Types And Functions File Type Description MPEG-4 Simple Profile 720*480 @ 30fps MPEG-4(*.ASF, 2-channels MPEG-1 & 2 Layer3(MP3) *.AVI) Video Bit rate Up to 4Mbps MPEG-4 Simple Profile 720*480 @ 30fps MPEG-4(*.MP4) 2-channels MPEG-4 AAC-LC Video Bit rate Up to 4Mbps Up to 640*352 @ 30fps, MPEG-1&2 Layer Video XVID (*.AVI)