Copyright Copyright 2006 by Acer Inc., All rights reserved. No part of this production may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any languages or computer language, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Acer Computer GmbH.
Contents Safety Declaration Product Description 1. Main Characteristics 2. Product Distribution Diagram 3. Packed Accessories 4. Battery Charge 5. Connection of External Interface 6. Use of Remote Controller 7. USB Drive Installation 8. Disk Directory Management 9. Safe Movement and Removal III Basic Functions 1.
Li-Polymer battery. With the use of Acer MP400 product, you can play video or music files with different formats, which will bring you outstanding visual and music experience. And you can record music and video signals.
USB connecter 11 Menu 17 Power Led SD/MMC Card Slot 12 Esc 3. Packaging / Accessories Please confirm the packaging and accessories have the contents below: Acer MP400 Player User’s Manual Power Adapter Installation CD AV Cable USB Cable Stereo earphones...
4. Charging of Battery This section includes: charging of battery, and the use of external power adapter. 4.1 Power Volume Indication Battery is fully charged Battery is partially drained Battery is drained Note: If the power volume indication of battery shows only one block or is empty, it indicates the power supply is obviously lacking, please charge the battery.
4) Connection of Computer Use USB cable to connect the MP400 Player with computer, for data transfer. 5) Connection of Stereo Earphones Insert the stereo earphones into the corresponding socket of MP400 Player. 6. Installation of USB Driver USB driver only needs to be installed for Windows98/se operation system. The installation steps are as follow: 1) Insert the accessory CD into the CDROM and it will work automatically.
7. Disk Directory Management 1) When the host machine is normally connected with the computer and the storage device such as SD/MMC card has inserted in the removable disk, the removable disk icon will be displayed in [windows explorer]. There are six directories, [video]、[music].、 [photo], [Ebook], [VideoRecorder] and [AudioRecorder];...
1) Power on: Hold down the power key for 3 seconds, and the screen will display the power on logo of Acer. It will enter into the interface of main menu. 2) Power off: Hold down power key for 3 seconds, and unit will turn off.
2) Press “menu” key to call up the file operation menu. The detailed operation method is shown in the description in the file operation section. a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” to go back to the main interface. b. New, copy, move, delete and rename: Refer to file operation description. c.
screen display) Note: Use “up” or “down” keys to select the menus above and use “Enter” key to confirm. g. During selection of the functions of fast forward or rewind in the above menu, you can use “down” or “up” keys to change the rate of fast forward or rewind (X2, X4, X8, X16), and press “Enter”...
a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” and return to the main interface. b. New, copy, move, delete and rename: Refer to file operation description. c. Information: Open or close the file information column. 3) In the interface of music file list, use “up” or “down” keys to select music file, and press “Enter”...
Note: Use “down” or “up” keys to select the above menu, and use “Enter” key to confirm. Press “Esc” or “Menu” keys to resume normal playback. 6) During music playback period, the LRC file of lyric shall be Unicode encoding format, and the file name of lyric shall be in conformity with the file name of song.
a. Desktop: Select “Desktop” and return to the main interface. b. New, copy, move, delete and rename: Refer to file operation description. c. Information: Open or close the file information column. 3) In the interface of photo file list, use “up” or “down” keys to select picture file, and press “Enter”...
1) Select “E-book” function in the main interface and press “Enter” key to confirm, and to enter into the interface of E-book file list. 2) Press “menu” key to call up the file operation menu and the detailed operation method is shown in the description of file operation section.
4) During the electronic book reading period, you can perform the following operations: a. Press “up”, “down” keys to page up and page down the viewing pages. b. Press “Esc” key to quit electronic book reading and return to file list or long press “ESC”...
b. Select the “RecKind”: “Video”, “Audio” (only records music) with signal input, and speech (only recorded by microphone), and press “Enter” key to confirm. c. Select “Quality”: HighQ, MediumQ, and LowQ, press “Enter” to confirm. d. Select ”Start” ,press “Enter” to start recording and repress “Enter” to preview mode. e.
1) In the main interface, select “file” and press “Enter” key to confirm that unit has enter into the file directory list interface. You can store the data file or music or video files in storage device (such as SD/MMC card). 2) Use “up”...
selecting “NO”, it will not paste. (If the file is selected, such operation will appear in the menu.) e. Move: Rest the cursor on the file or folder to be moved, press “Menu” key to call up operation menu, select “move”, the hint “Do you move?” will appear at that time. Select “Yes”, and press “Menu”...
Text Color: Color of unhighlighted text. Color values from 001 to 255. Focus Text: Color of highlighted text. Color values from 001 to 255. Focus Color: Color of highlight bar. Color values from 001 to 255. b. Power Setup: This menu setup item includes backlight setup and power off. Backlight Setup: No operation in non-working state, the player will automatic shut off of the LCD backlight.
You can download the firmware with new revision, and you can upgrade this product through the following steps. 1) Visit homepage of Acer Company (Http://www.acer-euro.com) and download the latest firmware file of this product. 2) Connect this product with the computer through USB cable.
IV Frequently Asked Questions and Solutions This section will provide solutions for some common problems during the use of this product. Please read this section to see if it can resolve the existing problems. If they can’t be resolved, please contact with customer service. 1.
V Product Specifications Category Parameter Specifications System Built-in Storage SD / MMC Card File Management Single file copy & paste, File/ Folder deletion, Rename and Folder Creation File System FAT 16/32 Power, TV/Hold, VOL+, VOL-, Menu, Esc, User Interface Key Definition three-direction key(up, down, enter) Language Multi-language Menu and Filename Display...
Supported File Types And Functions File Type Description MPEG-4 Simple Profile 720*480 @ 30fps MPEG-4(*.ASF, 2-channels MPEG-1 & 2 Layer3(MP3) *.AVI) Video Bit rate Up to 4Mbps MPEG-4 Simple Profile 720*480 @ 30fps MPEG-4(*.MP4) 2-channels MPEG-4 AAC-LC Video Bit rate Up to 4Mbps Video Up to 640*352 @ 30fps, MPEG-1&2 Layer XVID (*.AVI)