Playing and editing Programs
About the KROME's Programs
Programs are the basic sounds of the KROME.
You can play them by themselves, layer them together
in Combinations, or play a different Program on each
of the 16 MIDI tracks, either from the internal
sequencer or from external computer‐based
This section of the manual takes a quick look at playing
Programs, including tours of the front‐panel
controllers and basic editing techniques.
There are several different ways to select Programs.
Each one is convenient in a different way:
• Using "Program Select" and the VALUE
• Using the Bank/Program Select menu:
• Using the Category/Program Select menu:
• Using a foot switch: page 19
• MIDI program change messages let you select
Programs remotely, from either a MIDI sequencer
or an external MIDI controller
For details, please see below.
Selecting a program using "Program
Select" and the VALUE controllers
1. Press the PROG button. (The LED will light up.)
(Refer to the illustration below for the buttons.)
Alternatively, you can use the mode button (see
"Selecting modes" on page 9).
The KROME will enter Program mode.
2. Access the Prog P0: Play– Main page.
2: PROG P0: Play
1: Mode name
3: Program Select
This is shown in the top line of the display.
Page number and name
(Program number and name)
Program Select popup button
If a different page is shown, press the EXIT button a
few times to return to the Prog P0: Play– Main page.
3. Make sure that "Program Select" is selected.
If it's not selected, press "Program Select" in the
display or press the EXIT button to highlight the
4. Select the program you want to play.
You can use the following methods to select a program.
• Use the INC or DEC buttons.
• Turn the VALUE dial.
• Use numeric keys 0–9 to enter the program number,
and press the ENTER button.
5. Press one of the PROG BANK A–F buttons to
select a bank.
When you select a different Bank, the button's LED will
light up, and the selected bank will appear on the left
side of the display.
4: Numeric keypads
4: INC/DEC buttons
4: VALUE dial
Category Select popup button
(Category number and name)
1: ROG buttons
5: BANK A–F buttons