About the KROME's modes
The KROME has numerous functions that let you play
and edit programs or combinations, record and play
back sequence data, and manage media. These
functions are grouped into "modes." The KROME has
Programs are the basic sounds of KROME.
In Program mode, you can:
• Select and play Programs.
• Use one arpeggiator in your performance.
• Play back Drum Track patterns while you perform
using a Program.
• Edit Programs
You can use the realtime controls and the Tone
Adjust function to easily edit the program.
You can adjust the parameters and settings of the
oscillators, filters, amps, EGs, LFOs, effects, arpeggi‐
ator, drum track, etc.
You can use up to five insert effects, two master
effects, and one total effect.
Plus, you can create drum programs using drum
kits (as created in Global mode).
Combinations are sets of up to 16 programs that can be
played simultaneously, letting you create sounds that
are more complex than a single Program. In
Combination mode, you can:
• Select and play Combinations.
• Use multiple timbres to play arpeggio patterns
generated by two arpeggiators.
• Use one or more timbres to play back the patterns
in the drum track.
• Use the KROME as a 16‐track multitimbral tone
• Edit Combinations
You can use the tone adjust function to easily edit
the program of each timbre.
You can assign Programs to each of the 16 Timbres,
each with separate volume, pan, EQ, and keyboard
and velocity zones; make settings for effects, arpeg‐
giator, drum track.
Plus, you can use up to five insert effects, two mas‐
ter effects, and one total effect.
Basic Information About the KROME's modes
Sequencer mode lets you record, playback, and edit
MIDI tracks. You can:
• Use the sixteen‐track MIDI sequencer to record and
play back songs.
Record a single MIDI track at a time, or record as
many as all sixteen tracks simultaneously. You can
also record exclusive messages.
• Use multiple tracks to record and play back
performances generated by two arpeggiators.
• Use one or more tracks to play back the patterns in
the drum track.
• Edit songs.
• Use the KROME as a 16‐part multi‐timbral sound
• GM/GM2 playback is also supported.
• Use the Tone Adjust function to easily edit the
program of each track.
• Use up to five insert effects, two master effects, and
one total effect.
• Record patterns and assign them to individual
keys, using RPPR (Realtime Pattern Play/
• Create a Cue List that will play back multiple songs
in the order that you specify.
• Create user Drum Track patterns.
Global mode lets you adjust overall settings for the
entire KROME, and edit drum kits, arpeggio patterns.
In Global mode, you can:
• Adjust settings that affect the entire KROME, such
as master tune and global MIDI channel.
• Create user scales.
• Create drum kits using drumsamples.
• Create user arpeggio patterns.
• Rename program, and combination categories.
• Set the function of the assignable pedals and
• Transmit MIDI System Exclusive data dumps.
You can save or load data using an SD card. In Media
mode, you can:
• Save and load Programs, Combinations, Songs, and
Global setup data.
• Format SD card, copy and rename files, etc.
• Perform file operations such as copying data to or
• Export and import sequences to and from SMF
(Standard MIDI Files).
• Use the Data Filer function to save or load MIDI
System Exclusive data.