Playing and editing Combinations
About the KROME's
Combinations let you split and layer up to 16 Programs
A Combination is made up of 16 Timbres (Note that
you don't have to use all 16 Timbres). Each Timbre is
assigned a Program, along with parameters for key
range and velocity zones, mixer settings, MIDI channel
and controller filtering, and so on.
There are several different ways to select
Combinations. Each one is convenient in a different
• Using "Combination Select" and the VALUE
• Using the Bank/Combination Select menu:
• Using the Category/Program Select menu:
• Using a foot switch: page 19
• Sending MIDI program change messages to select
For details, please see below.
2: COMBI P0: Play
1: Mode name
3: Combination Select
As with Programs, each Combination has five insert
effects, two master effects, and one total effect for
shaping and transforming the sounds of the individual
This section of the manual takes a quick look at playing
Combinations, including a tour of the front‐panel
controllers and basic editing techniques.
Selecting a program using
"Combination Select" and the VALUE
1. Press the COMBI button. (The LED will light up.)
(Refer to the illustration below for the buttons.)
Alternatively, you can use the mode button (see
"Selecting modes" on page 9).
The KROME will enter Combination mode.
2. Access the Combi P0: Play– Program T01–08 page.
This is shown in the top line of the display.
If a different page is shown, press the EXIT button
several times to move to the Combi P0: Play– Program
3. Make sure that "Combination Select" is selected.
If it is not, press "Combination Select" in the display to
4. Select the combination you want to play.
You can use the following methods to select a combination.
4: Numeric keypads
4: INC/DEC buttons
4: VALUE dial
Mode, page number
(Combination number and name)
Combination Select popup button
1: COMBI button
Category Select popup button
(Category number and name)
5: BANK SELECT