Use two or more people to move washer or dryer.
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
8. Repeat Step 5 on the bottom side of the Slide-Out Work
Surface. See illustration.
1. Move washer close to its final location. Leave space to work
behind washer. Do not remove the shipping bolts.
2. Level washer as described in the washer Installation
NOTE: Do not install the dryer feet.
3. If the dryer has the feet already installed, place a protective
covering, such as cardboard or a blanket, on the floor. Gently
lay the dryer down with its back on the covering.
4. Remove the dryer feet.
5. Place a protective covering, such as cardboard or a blanket,
on the floor. Gently place the Slide-Out Work Surface, with the
top side facing up, on the protective covering. See illustration.
A. Top side
B. Sheff frames
C. Bottom side
Remove the opaque adhesive protective strip from the long
foam pads. Apply the adhesive side of the pads along the
shelf frames so that they cover the entire length of the shelf
frame surfaces and do not stick out past the sides or front
edges of the frames.
A. Foam pads installed on top side
Turn the Slide-Out Work Surface back over so that the bottom
side faces up.
A. Foam pads installed on bottom side
Lift the Slide-Out Work Surface up and place it, top side facing
up, on top of the washer so that the back of the work surface
frame overhangs the back of the washer by about 1" (2.5 cm).
NOTE: The front of the work surface and dryer is positioned 1"
(2.5 cm) back from the front of the washer to provide easier
access to the washer's bleach dispenser.
10. Using two or more people, lift the dryer back to its upright
position and move to the front of the washer.
11. Using two or more people, lift the dryer up and set it on top of
the work surface. The back of the dryer and work surface
frame overhang the back of the washer by about 1" (2.5 cm).
12. Remove the plastic clips, brackets and the pan head screws
from the bag containing parts.
13. Take a plastic clip, and, with the flat side facing out, push it
down onto the lower edge of a slot in the dryer back. Repeat
on the other side with the second clip.
A. Plastic clip
B. Slot in dryer back