ADDITIONAL NOTES ON OPERATION
OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE
D.B. = Dry-bulb
W.B. = Wet-bulb
WHEN POWER FAILURE OCCURS
This air conditioner has a memory function to store settings when a power failure occurs.
After power recovery, the unit will automatically re-start in the same settings which were active before the power
failure, except for timer settings.
If the timers were set before a power failure, they will need to be re-set after power recovery.
NOTES FOR MODELS AY-A07BE/AY-A09BE/AY-A12BE
In the HEAT operation, the indoor fan may not start for two to five minutes after the unit is turned on to prevent
cold air from blowing out of the unit.
• When ice forms on the heat exchanger in the outdoor unit during the HEAT operation, an automatic de-icer
provides heat for about 5 to 10 minutes to remove the ice. During de-icing, the inside and outside fans stop
• After de-icing is completed, the unit automatically resumes operation in the HEAT mode.
• The unit employs a heat pump that draws heat from the outside air and releases it into the room. The outside
air temperature therefore greatly affects the heating efficiency.
• If the heating efficiency is reduced due to low outside temperatures, use an additional heater.
• It takes time to warm up and heat the entire room because of the forced air circulation system.
TIPS ON SAVING ENERGY
Below are some simple ways to save energy when you use your air conditioner.
SET THE CORRECT TEMPERATURE
• Setting the thermostat 1°C higher than the desired temperature in the COOL mode (and 2°C lower in the
HEAT mode with models AY-A07BE/AY-A09BE/AY-A12BE) will save approximately 10 percent in power
• Setting the temperature lower than necessary during cooling operation will result in increased power
BLOCK DIRECT SUNLIGHT AND PREVENT DRAFTS
• Blocking direct sunlight during cooling operation will reduce power consumption.
• Close the windows and doors during cooling opeation (and heating operation with models AY-A07BE/AY-
SET PROPER AIR FLOW DIRECTION TO OBTAIN THE BEST AIR
KEEP FILTER CLEAN TO ENSURE THE MOST EFFICIENT OPERATION
MAKE MOST OF THE TIMER OFF FUNCTION
DISCONNECT THE POWER CORD WHEN THE UNIT IS NOT USED FOR AN
EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME
• The indoor unit still consumes a small amount of power when it is not operating.
INDOOR TEMP. OUTDOOR TEMP.
• The built-in protective
device may prevent the
unit from operating when
used out of this range.
• Condensation may form
on the air outlet if the
unit operates continu-
ously in the COOL or
DRY mode when humid-
ity is over 80 percent.