_i, WARNING! RISK OF CHILD ENTRAPMENT
PROPER DISPOSAL OF THE DISHWASHER
Junked or abandoned dishwashers are
dangerous _.even if they will sit for "just a
few days." If you are getting rid of your old
dishwasher, please follow the instructions below
to help prevent accidents.
Before You Throw Away Your Old
• Take off the door of the washing compartment
or remove the door latch keeper (as shown).
Door latch keeper
When using your dishwasher,
follow basic precautions,
• Use this appliance only for its intended purpose
• Do not operate your dishwasher unless all
as described in this Owner's Manual.
enclosure panels are properly in place.
• Use only powder, tabs, liquid detergents or rinse
• Do not tamper with controls.
agents recommended for use in a dishwasher and
• Do not abuse, sit on or stand on the door or dish
keep them out of the reach of children. Cascade® ,
Cascade®Complete and Electrasol ®Automatic
Dishwashing Detergents,and Jet-Drg ®and
Cascade Rinse Aid ®rinse agents have been
approved for use in all GE dishwashers.
• Locate sharp items so that they are not likely
to damage the door seal.
• Load sharp kniveswith the handles up to reduce
the risk of cut-type injuries.
• Do not wash plastic items unless marked
dishwasher safe or the equivalent. For plastic
items not so marked, check the manufacturer's
• Do not touch the heating element during or
immediately after use.
rack of the dishwashen
• Do not allow children to play around dishwasher
when opening or closing door due to the possibility
of small fingers being pinched in doon
• Do not discard a dishwasher without first removing
the door of the washing compartment.
• Do not store or use combustible materials, gasoline
or other flammable vapors and liquids in the
vicinity of this or any other appliance.
• Do not allow children to play with, on or inside this
appliance or any discarded appliance.
READAND FOLLOW THIS SAFETYINFORMATION
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS