For epson stylus photo r200/r210/r300/r310 (8 pages)
Summary of Contents for Epson CPD-8407
EPSON Color Calibrator User’s Guide CPD-8407...
Neither is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein. Neither SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION nor its affiliates shall be liable to the purchaser of this product or third parties for damages, losses, costs, or expenses incurred by purchaser or third parties as a result of: accident, misuse, or abuse of this product or unauthorized modifications, repairs, or alterations to this product.
EN 50082-1 EN 61000-3-2 (Using AC Adapter Model EU-20) EN 61000-3-3 (Using AC Adapter Model EU-20) January, 1999 H. Horiuchi President of EPSON EUROPE B.V. SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION 3-5, Owa 3-chome, Suwa-shi, Nagano-ken 392-8502 Japan EPSON EUROPE B.V. Prof. J. H. Bavincklaan 5 1183...
FCC Compliance Statement For United States Users This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Trade Name: Type of Product: EPSON Color Calibrator Model: EPSON AMERICA, INC. 20770 Madrona Avenue, MS: B2-11...
Introduction Features The EPSON Color Calibrator restores your EPSON Stylus 5000 or 9000 printer to its originally designed color settings. By creating a color profile for your printer and then implementing it on your EPSON RS-5000 Fiery RS-5100 Fiery X2 RIP, the calibrator helps you achieve consistent color output.
Safety Instructions Read these instructions before using your Color Calibrator, and save them for later reference. Follow all warnings and instructions in this User’s Guide . Unplug the AC adapter before cleaning. Clean with a damp cloth only. Do not spill liquid on the calibrator. Do not place the calibrator on an unstable surface, or near a radiator or heat source.
AC adapters, in an effort to reduce air pollution caused by power generation. As an E NERGY S TAR Partner, EPSON has determined that this product meets the E NERGY S TAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
System Requirements Before using this product, make sure that your system meets the following requirements. For Windows Users System: Display: CPU: Memory: Hard disk: Introduction ® ® Microsoft Windows Windows NT 4.0 Color monitor, 800 600 screen resolution (higher recommended), and 65,000 colors (higher recommended) Note: Color and tone reproduction are subject to the...
EPSON provides technical support and information on the installation, configuration, and operation of professional graphics arts products through the EPSON Preferred Protection Plan. Dial (888) 377-6611, 6 A.M. to 8 P.M ., Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, and 7 A.M. to 4 P.M. , Pacific Time, Saturday and Sunday.
Chapter 1 Unpacking the Color Calibrator Contents When unpacking your EPSON Color Calibrator, make sure the following items are included: calibrator Y-cable color pad AC adapter and AC cable (127, 220, 230, 240 volts) black base paper Unpacking the Color Calibrator...
Chapter 2 Setting up Your Color Calibrator To set up your calibrator you need to connect it to your computer, then install the utility software. Note: Before you install the calibrator software, the RS-5000 version 1.3 or RS-5100 user software must be installed. See your RIP documentation for installation instructions.
Connecting the Calibrator to Your Computer Follow the steps below to connect the calibrator to your computer: 1. Make sure your computer is turned off. 2. If you are using a PC, connect the Mac-PC serial converter to the Y-cable as shown below. Then connect the Y-cable to one of your serial ports and tighten the screws to stabilize the connection.
If you are using a Macintosh, connect the Y-cable to your modem port. 3. Connect the Y-cable’s 8-pin connector to the back of the calibrator as shown below: Setting up Your Color Calibrator...
4. Connect the DC connector to the AC adapter. 5. Insert the AC adapter into a properly grounded outlet. 6. Press the measure button at the top of the calibrator. The sensor tip of the calibrator flashes light if the calibrator is properly connected to your computer.
Installing the Utility Software Follow the steps below to install the calibrator software: 1. Turn on your computer. 2. Insert the software CD-ROM included with your Color Calibrator into your drive. 3. Start the installation program and follow the on-screen instructions.
Chapter 3 Calibrating Your Printing System Use your Color Calibrator to calibrate your EPSON Stylus Pro printing system at the following times: When you set up the system for the first time After the system has been overhauled or repaired Before using the system after a long period of inactivity Calibrating your printing system is a multi-step process.
Calibrating the EPSON Color Calibrator Measure the included color pad to calibrate your Color Calibrator. Follow the steps below: 1. Double-click the EPSON Color Calibrator folder. 2. Double-click the Printer Calibrator utility icon. The following dialog box appears: 3. To begin calibrating your Color Calibrator, click the Calibration button.
4. Place the color pad included with your calibrator on a flat surface. Then place the sensor tip of the calibrator on the black circle in the pad. Note: Make sure the sensor tip is placed flat and firmly on the pad. Calibrating Your Printing System...
5. Click the Calibration button, or press the measure button at the top of the calibrator to measure the color. Note: Do not measure the pad under strong light or direct daylight as this may render the measurement inaccurate. After you finish measuring the black circle, the message in the window changes to Please calibrate white point.
Before you start, make sure you have coated or glossy paper loaded in your printer. Cut sheet paper is recommended if you’re using the EPSON Stylus Pro 9000. Follow these steps: 1. If necessary, start the ColorWise Pro Tools application.
3. Click the Calibrator button. The following dialog box appears: 4. Make sure EPSON Color Calibrator is selected in the list box under Select Measurement Method. Then select a paper type from the Calibration Set list box. You can choose from the...
6. Choose the Paper Size and Input Tray (or Paper Source) for printing, then click the Print button to print the calibration sheet. Following is a sample of the calibration sheet printed from your EPSON Stylus Pro 5000 or 9000: Calibrating Your Printing System...
Wait for at least 30 minutes after printing a calibration sheet before using it to create a color profile. 2. Select an empty block in the EPSON Printer Calibrator dialog box by clicking it with your mouse. 3. Place the sensor tip of the calibrator on the corresponding block of the calibration sheet.
4. Click the Calibration button, or press the measure button at the top of the calibrator to measure the color. Note: Do not measure the sheet under strong light or direct daylight; otherwise the measurement may be inaccurate. 5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until every block of the calibration sheet is measured, then click Save File.
If you need help starting the progam, consult the person who installed it on your computer, or refer to your EPSON RS-5000 or RS-5100 documentation. 2. In the dialog box that appears, click the name of the printer you want to calibrate, then click the Select button.
3. Click the Calibrator button. The following dialog box appears: 4. Click the From File button under Get Measurements. 5. Select the file you saved in the last section, then click the Open button. A window appears confirming that the measurements were read successfully.
Follow these steps: 1. Have your printing vendor print a color chart using one of the files provided with your calibrator. These files are in the Chart folder of your EPSON Color Calibrator folder and are named chart.tif and chart.eps. Note: Be sure to have the chart printed on the same type of paper as that of your final print.
2. Start EPSON Profile Updater. You see a dialog box like the following: 3. Select the ICC profile that your printing vendor used from the Base Profile list. If you don’t find the profile your vendor used in the list, use...
5. Click the Calibration button. 6. Place the color pad packed with your calibrator on a flat surface. Place the sensor tip of the calibrator on the color pad’s black circle. Note: Make sure the sensor tip is placed flat and firmly on the pad. 7.
1. Place the printout of the standard color chart you received from your printing vendor on a flat surface with the included black base paper behind it. 2. Select an empty block in the EPSON Profile Updater dialog box by clicking corresponding block of the color chart.
After the measurement file is saved, the file name is shown on the screen. 6. Click the Update Profile button. 7. Give a name to your new profile and select the appropriate folder, as indicated below. For Windows users: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Color Note: Substitute the letter of your disk drive if it is not drive C.
The chart must show color density measured in percentages. Using the custom color chart printout, follow the steps below: 1. Start EPSON Profile Updater. 2. Choose Custom Chart. Calibrating Your System to Another...
The following dialog box appears: number of steps between 0% and 100% Before measuring the custom chart, you need to enter information about the chart in this dialog box. 3. Enter the number of color density steps between 0% and 100% in your chart.
EPSON RS-5000 or RS-5100 documentation. 2. In the dialog box that appears, click the name of the printer you want to calibrate, then click the Select button. The following window appears: 3.
4. Click the name of your custom profile in the Description box on the left. 5. Click the green triangle at the center of the Profile Manager window. A message appears confirming that your custom profile was downloaded successfully. 6. Click OK. Your custom profile appears in the right window. 7.
8. Click the Profile Settings button in the right window. The Simulation Profile Settings dialog box appears: 9. Select Appear in Driver as, then choose a setting from SIMULATION-1 to SIMULATION-10 and click Apply. If the same name is already assigned to another profile, a window appears asking you to confirm your command.
3-8 to 3-9 See also ICC profiles ColorWise Pro Tools 4-8 to 4-10 Custom color chart 4-6 to 4-7 ENERGY STAR EPSON Preferred Protection Plan Profile Updater RS-5000 Fiery RIP version 1.3 RS-5100 Fiery X2 RIP Stylus Pro 5000 Stylus Pro 9000...
Serial converter Software CD-ROM Standard color chart 4-1 to 4-6 SWOP System requirements Macintosh Windows Technical support Unit ID number Windows, system requirements Y-cable 2-2 to 2-3 Index...