FOR BOARD-TO-CABLE CONNECTION
240 SERIES (GENERAL-PURPOSE TYPE)
• 1.27 mm (0.050 in.) pitch contact arrangement in two
rows enables high-density mounting.
• Connectors with 20 to 96 contacts are available for
• Discrete-wire (AWG #28, #30) I/O cables can be
assembled by IDC. Metal covers completely protect
sockets from EMI.
• Bellows contacts ensure stable contact preventing
pins from bending. The bellows contacts also have
excellent stability with repeated insertion and
• Tails are spaced in a four-row staggered arrangement
1.905 mm) (0.100 in.
PC board design.
• Insulation is UL-approved (94V-0) and is washable.
• An FCN-230 EMI cover and dust cap can be used
Operating temperature range
Dielectric withstand voltage
Insertion force (kg)
Withdrawal force (kg)
Applicable PC board
Applicable wire (standard)
subject to change
0.075 in.) for easy
–55 C to +105 C
DC 1 A
AC 240 V
max. (DC 6 V, 0.1A)
min. (DC 500 V)
AC 750 V for 1 minute
4.5 kg max. (20 pins)
0.6 kg min. (20 pins)
1.6 mm (0.063 in.) thick
IDC: AWG #28 and #30 stranded wires with
0.5 to 0.88 mm (0.020 to 0.035 in.)
Soldering: AWG #26 max. (reference)
(The applicable wires depend on the number
of contacts. See the descriptions of IDC
sockets and metal covers.)
Dimensions are in millimeters (inches)