INSTRUCTION SUPPLEMENT FOR
Removing stock carburetor and cables
1. Remove seat and gas tank. Make
sure fuel petcock is in "off"
2. Remove throttle cables paying
close attention to routing, as the
new cables will need too be routed
3. Remove stock carburetor and stock
4. Unplug TPS (throttle position
sensor) and tape end off coming
5. Remove hot start button and hose
(for externally mounted hot starts
6. Stuff a dry, clean rag into the
intake manifold to keep debris from
NOTE: It may be easier to remove sub-
frame prior to installation.
Installing the Edelbrock Carburetor and
1. Install the provided throttle cables into
OEM throttle housing and place back
onto clean handle bar.
2. Remove the rubber carburetor
alignment tabs from the manifold using
a razor blade or sharp cutters. This
should be done with the rag left in the
manifold. Be very careful not to
damage the manifold or your hands
while doing this!!
3. Remove the hex pipe plug from the
carb cap using a 11mm or 7/16 wrench.
Do not discard plug, as it will be
needed later. Install the metering
adjustment tool included in the
hardware kit. Do not over-tighten as
damage may occur to cap.
4. Install provided fuel line onto fuel inlet
banjo and secure with pinch clamp.
5. Place Edelbrock carburetor into
manifold. Do not tighten clamp yet.
6. Remove the cable bracket end from
cable bracket using #2 phillips.
7. Install pull cable (see Figure 1) end into
the 8:00 position of the cable wheel
and the return cable into the 11:00
position. Secure cables into cable
bracket by replacing end piece and
phillips screw. See figure 2.
SPECIAL NOTE: The Edelbrock
Carburetor was designed to be used
without TPS (throttle position sensor).
We recommend the plug be taped off to
keep debris and water from entering.
With the TPS disconnected there is no
damage that can occur to ignition
8. Place provided vinyl cap over brass
barb on cylinder and secure with small
tie-wrap. See figure 3.
9. Insert aluminum plug into airboot where
hot start button was located. See
figure 4. Secure with oem pinch clamp.