Force quits during start-up This issue can also occur under the following conditions: 1) Dragging the Epson Scan folder (located in the Applications folder) to the Trash can 2) Upgrading your scanner and using the Epson Scan driver from the new scanner to...
! Use the driver specifically written for your scanner model to uninstall the Epson Scan driver. ! If you have more than one Epson scanner model on your computer, use the driver specifically written for each scanner to uninstall its respective device driver.
Series Scanners; Stylus CX5200/CX3200/CX5400 All-in-One Products Subject: EPSON Scan TWAIN Ver. 1.28 for Mac OS 10.2 to 10.3 This bulletin was created to inform you of an updated Epson Scan Twain Driver (1.28A) for the following models: Perfection 610/640/1200/1240/1250/1260/1640/ 1650/1660/1670/2400/2450/3170/3200 series scanners, Stylus CX3200/CX5200/CX5400 multi-function devices, Expression 1600/1680/1640XL series scanners.
• This driver does not support “Fast User Switching” in OS 10.3. This feature must be turned off before using Epson Scan. • You may receive an error “Epson Scan cannot be started” when trying to scan from a Perfection 2450 that is connected to a USB 2.0 supported port. To avoid this error, use a Firewire connection or a USB 1.1 only supported port.
The following steps will allow most of Smart Panel to install on a different drive letter other than the default. The Epson Twain and Scan to Web programs will only install on drive C:\. 01) Using "Auto Run" let the installation start, then "Cancel" the installation at the program selection screen.
Page 2 of 3...
12) Follow steps 5 through 9 for any other Smart Panel applet to be installed 13) If Epson Twain has not been installed, go to "Twain 5.x" and run disk 1 14) Restart system and test the software with the scanner...
Perfection 1240/1250/1640/1650/1260/1660/2400/2450 Making Adjustments in Epson Twain 5.X.X Subject: This bulletin was created to inform you of a procedure for making adjustments in Epson Twain 5.X.X Description: 01) When using the TPU (transparency adapter) in manual mode or auto mode the scanned image is not correctly detected.
(default folder) located in C:\Windows\twain_32 b. epson (default folder) located in C:\Program Files\ Note : Open the Epson folder and remove only these folders: Convert, Copy Utility, Photo Print, ScanTo Web and Smart Panel. Page 1 of 2...
3) Unplug the USB cable from the scanner and close all open programs, including virus protection, screen savers and any programs running in the background. 4) Download DelReg2.5.exe from the Newsoft web site to remove the Smart Panel Registry entries. Use this URL to find the DelReg download page: http://www.newsoftinc.com/download/patch/esp/American/DelReg2.5.exe 5) Download and install a patch from Microsoft's web site.
Epson TWAIN v. 5.75A for Apple Macintosh OS X 10.2 and Image Capture Subject: This bulletin was created to inform you of an issue that can occur when using the Epson TWAIN driver (v. 5.75A) in Apple’s Image Capture utility on a Macintosh computer running OS X v.10.2 to v.10.2.4.
EPSON technical support representatives will only be able to support customers who have Epson products that are configured in accordance with the operating system requirements outlined here and in the product’s documentation.
2.) For Windows 2000 or XP you must be logged in as an administrator or as a user with administrator rights before you can install and use EPSON software. USB hubs must be self-powered and connected in a first-tier configuration for reliability Macintosh OS USB 1.1: Apple Macintosh computer (G3, G4, or iMac) with built-in USB port, running Mac®...
EPSON RODUCT UPPORT ULLETIN Date: 04/01/2003 Originator: TC PSB.2003.04.002 PSB #: Authorization: Reference: Total Pages: 2 Perfection 1260 Series/1660PHOTO/2400PHOTO Product(s): Scanning Slides in TWAIN 5.60A using Manual Mode Subject: This bulletin was created to inform you of a functionality change when scanning 35mm slides and film strips in Manual mode with TWAIN driver 5.60A.
TWAIN drivers released after 5.60A (i.e. 5.71A, 5.73A, 5.75A). This feature is also not available in the Perfection 3200 series scanner driver, EPSON Scan 1.0. Solution: Use the Scale slider to increase the Scale percentage until your target size reaches 4" X 6".
Description of issue: If you are using Copy from EPSON Smart Panel 2.5/2.6 or you installed the Copy utility 2.00A patch for Smart Panel 2.0A/1.0.xA, you may find that the program produces copies with a light gray/blue/pink background.
Click on the “Image Adjust” button. You will notice the Auto Document Enhancement OFF button is selected (highlighted in dark gray). Click the ON button. You will now notice that this button is selected (highlighted in dark gray). Now click on the large green Copy button, your image will be scanned and printed. The copy of your document should look very close to the original with no background colors added.
This bulletin was created to inform you of a Windows XP warning message that comes up when an EPSON HI-SPEED USB (USB 2.0) scanner is connected to a non-HI-SPEED USB (USB 1.1) Port. The message is only an indication that Windows XP recognizes a USB 2.0 scanner connected to a USB 1.1 port.
This bulletin was created to inform users of a typographical error in the table of supported e- mail applications in the Scan to E-mail utility for Epson’s Smart Panel 2.5A and 2.6A. Smart Panel 2.5A supports the Perfection 1260/1660/2400/3200 series scanners. Smart Panel 2.6A supports the Stylus CX3200/5200.
Below, is some additional information on AOL support, taken from NewSoft's Inc. Support web site, URL = http://www.newsoftinc.com/ Q: Can Scan to E-mail support AOL/MSN mail? A: Smart Panel does not support web-based mail. You need to use a MAPI compliant e-mail programs to send a new e-mail in Scan to E-mail.
Q: Which E-mail program is supported with Scan to E-mail? A: For Windows: Outlook Express 4.5 / 5.0/6 MS Outlook 98 / 2000 / 2002 CC Mail 6.0 - 8.0 PostPet 2.0 Netscape Messenger 4.7 Note: Smart Panel supports MAPI compliant e-mail programs. For Macintosh: Outlook Express 4.5 / 5.0 Eudora Mail Lite 3.1...
Description of Issue: Epson Smart Panel includes a utility called Copy that is used for scanning and printing documents. Although Copy works with non-Epson printers it does not support all models. Epson periodically releases updates to support the newer models.
1) First, verify that you have installed the latest version of Copy (currently 2.00A). Launch Copy and look for a green screen. This is version 2.00A and it should look like this: If you don’t see this on your screen then visit our web site at www.epson.com and download the Copy update.
6) Click the Device Settings button. This will bring up the Device Settings user interface. In the Output Device field (the default printer will be listed here), click on the arrow. This will bring up the Output Device Chooser window. The screen should look like this. 7) Change the printer name to the one you want to use and then click OK.