IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Your Elna 3000 series sewing machine is designed and constructed for HOUSEHOLD use only. Read all
instructions before using this machine.
– To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1. Your sewing machine should never be left unattended when plugged in. Always unplug the machine from the
electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
2. Always unplug before replacing light bulb. Replace bulb with same type rated 12V, 5W.
3. Do not place or store machine where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not reach for the machine if it has
fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
1. Do not allow machine to be used as a toy. Supervision is necessary when this machine is used by or near
2. Use this sewing machine only for its intended use as described in this manual. Only use attachments
recommended by the manufacturer as described in this manual.
3. Never operate this machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, is not working properly, has been dropped or
damaged or dropped into water. Return the machine to the nearest authorized dealer or service center for
examination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
4. This machine is equipped with a special connection cord which, if damaged, must be replaced by an identical
cord. This can be obtained from your dealer.
5. Never operate the sewing machine with any air opening blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the sewing machine
and foot control free from the accumulation of lint, dust and fibers.
6. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
7. Do not use outdoors.
8. Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
9. To disconnect, turn machine off and remove plug from outlet.
10. Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
11. Keep fingers away from all moving parts, especially the needle.
12. Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can cause the needle to break.
13. Do not use bent needles.
14. Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. This may deflect the needle causing it to break.
15. Switch the sewing machine off when making any adjustment in the needle area, such as threading needle,
changing needle, threading bobbin, changing presser foot, etc.
16. Always unplug the sewing machine from the electrical outlet when removing covers, lubricating or making any
other servicing adjustments mentioned in the instruction manual.
Your machine comes equipped with a polarized plug (one prong wider than the other). A polarized plug reduces the
risk of electrical shock. This plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet,
reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not modify the plug
in any way.
Use only foot control YC-482J or TJC-150 (UL, CSA) for 3210 and foot control 21361 for 3230.
– To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electrical shock or injury:
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS