3. Using the phone
Your new telephone system with Bluetooth wireless
technology has the following features:
• Pairing a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone with the
telephone base. Two Bluetooth devices can be paired up
• Connecting a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone to make
calls. Two mobile phones can be
connected but only one of them can be used at a time.
• Making and receiving calls using your Bluetooth enabled
mobile phone plan while benefiting from the ease and
comfort of your home telephone system.
Glossary of terms
Below are some terms used in this User's Guide to help you
become familiar with using your Bluetooth devices and your
new telephone system.
Bluetooth mobile phone - Refers to a Bluetooth enabled
CELLULAR line - The communications service provided
through your Bluetooth enabled mobile telephone.
Using the phone
HOME line - Your conventional telephone land line.
Pairing - This refers to the process of two Bluetooth devices
registering device information with each other. The
telephone base must be paired with a Bluetooth enabled
mobile phone before the Bluetooth device can be used.
• Refer to your mobile phone user's guide for more
information about its Bluetooth function.
• Make sure that your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is
between one to twelve feet away from the telephone
base in order to maintain a clear and consistent
connection between your Bluetooth mobile phone,
telephone base and cell tower.
• Make sure that your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone has
sufficient signal strength. You may need to move the
Bluetooth enabled mobile phone and telephone base to a
location where the cellular signal may be stronger.
• Charge your Bluetooth mobile phone while it is
connected to the telephone base because your mobile
phone's battery will discharge faster while it is connected
wirelessly to the telephone base.