1. Getting started
Do not place your phone in the bathroom or other humid
When choosing a location for your new phone, here are
some important guidelines you should consider:
• Avoid sources of noise and heat, such as motors,
fluorescent lighting, microwave ovens, heating
appliances and direct sunlight.
• Avoid areas of excessive dust, moisture, and low
• Avoid other cordless telephones or personal computers.
• Never install telephone wiring during a lightning storm.
• Never install telephone jacks in wet locations unless the
jack is specifically designed for wet locations.
• Never touch non-insulated telephone wires or terminals
unless the telephone line has been disconnected at the
• Use caution when installing or modifying telephone lines.
Optimal range is reached when there are no other electrical
appliances working within the range area. Any obstruction
between the base and handset will also reduce the range
When out of range of the base, the screen shows
If you are on a call, the line will disconnect.
Move back within in range of the base. The handset will
automatically re-connect to the base.
The base must be plugged into an electrical outlet at all
times. Do not connect the telephone line cord into a power
outlet until the handset is fully charged. Only use adapter
and telephone line cord supplied with the product.
WHICH POWER ADAPTER
The power adapter with the smaller pin is for the base unit
and the power adapter with the larger pin is for the charger
unit (only for multi-handset packs).