• Install the dehumidifier on a level floor strong enough to
support the unit with a full bucket of water.
• For best performance, allow at least 12-18 inches of air
space on all sides of the unit for good air circulation.
• Keep all outside doors, windows,and other openings closed
when operating the dehumidifier. Humid outdoor air will add
to the unit's work load.
• For maximum efficiency,install your dehumidifier in an
area where the temperature wil not fall below 65
• At temperature below 65 degrees °F,(floor level) the
evaporator coils will becomes covered with frost,
reducing dehumidification performance.
The dehumidifier has a built-in defrost control that
senses frost built up on the evaporator coils.During
defrost the 50 pint (54501)will turn the compressor
off, keeping the fan on to defrost the coils.The 70 pint
(54701 low temp model) compressor continues to run
and turns the fan off,(70 pint uses a refrigerant
reversing valve to enhance defrost performance).
• Use the dehumidifier in a basement to help
prevent moisture damage.
• Use the dehumidifier in cooking, laundry,
bathing, and dishwashing areas that have
• Use the dehumidifier to prevent moisture
damage anywhere books or valuables are
• When the bucket is full, or when the bucket is not in the proper position, the Bucket Full light turns on
and the unit automatically shuts off.
Also, when bucket is out of position, the unit will beep 3 times.
• The bucket must be replaced in the proper position for the dehumidifier to work. The light will
be on and the dehumidifier will not run if the bucket is not in the proper position.
• The dehumidifier will shut off once the desired humidity setting is reached.