Freezer does not operate.
• The unit may not be plugged in.
• Circuit breaker may have tripped
or fuse may be blown.
Compressor seems to run
continuously or more
often than necessary.
• The door may have been left open
or there may be a leak in the door
• Frequent door openings lets the
cold air escape requiring the com-
pressor to cycle on more often..
• Air is not circulating freely around
the appliance because of installa-
tion in an area with no clearance
around it. Slide the appliance out
of the confined area and vacuum
around it in the rear and bottom to
improve air circulation to the con-
Freezer compartment has
• Foods with strong odors should be
• Check for spoiled food.
• Interior may need cleaning
• Keep an open box of baking soda
in the freezer. (Replace as often as
Foods not sufficiently
• The temperature setting is not high
• The door has been left open or a
leak in the door gasket..
• Shelves are overloaded preventing
effective circulation of cold air.