Read all of the instructions before using this appliance.
When using this appliance, always exercise basic safety
precautions, including the following:
1) Use this appliance only for its intended purpose as described in this use
and care guide.
2) This appliance must be properly installed in accordance with the
installation instructions before it is used. See grounding instructions in the
3) This appliance should not be recessed or built-in an enclosed cabinet. It is
designed for freestanding installation only.
4) Never unplug your appliance by pulling on the power cord. Always grasp
the plug firmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
5) Repair or replace immediately, all electric service cords that have become
frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or
abrasion damage along its length, the plug or the connector end.
6) If your old appliance is not being used, we recommend that you remove
the doors. This will reduce the possibility of danger to children.
7) After your freezer is in operation, do not touch the cold surfaces in the
freezer compartment, particularly when hands are damp or wet. Skin may
adhere to these extremely cold surfaces.
8) Do not refreeze foods, which have been thawed completely. The United
States Department of Agriculture in Home and Garden Bulletin No. 69
reads: "...You may safely refreeze frozen foods that have thawed if they
still contain ice crystals or if they are still cold-below 40˚F"
"...Thawed ground meats, poultr y, or fish that have any off-odor or off-
color should not be refrozen and should not be eaten. Thawed ice cream
should be discarded. If the odor or color of any food is poor or question-
able, discard it. The food may be dangerous to eat."
"...Even partial thawing and re-freezing reduce the eating quality of
foods, particularly fruits, vegetables, and prepared foods. The eating qual-
ity of red meats is affected less than that of many other foods. Use
refrozen foods as soon as possible, to save as much of they're eating
quality as you can."
9) Do not use any electrical device or any sharp instrument in defrosting your
10) Do not attempt to remove or adjust the interior storage shelves.