Digital Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor Model M10-IT • Instruction Manual • Mode d’emploi • Gebrauchsanweisung • Manuale di istruzioni • Manual de instrucciones • Gebruiksaanwijzing • РУКОВОДСТВО ПО ЭКСПЛУАТАЦИИ IM-HEM-7080IT-E-03-03/07 1663794-1D...
4. Quick Reference Guide ............40 Care and maintenance 5. Handling Errors and Problems .......... 41 Error Messages ................41 Troubleshooting ................42 6. Maintenance and Storage ..........43 7. Optional Parts ..............44 8. Technical Data..............45 9. Some Useful Information about Blood Pressure ..... 47...
Omron’s blood pressure management software included with this unit allows you to view, manage and print data about blood pressure measured by the OMRON M10-IT Intellisense. Included software is in English only.
Plug the AC adapter into the appropriate voltage outlet. Do not overload power outlets or use extension cords. • Do not use the AC adapter if the unit or the power cord is damaged. Turn off the power and unplug the power cord immediately.
• Replace old batteries with new ones immediately. Replace all four batteries at the same time. • Remove the batteries if the unit will not be used for three months or more. If the batteries have been removed for more than 30 seconds, the date and time setting will need to be reset.
1. Overview Main Unit A. Display H. Battery compartment B. SET button I. Air jack C. Morning/Evening Average J. AC adapter jack (for AC ) buttons adapter) D. MEMORY button E. USB connector jack (USB 1.1 compatible) F. O/I START button G.
1. Overview Arm Cuff K. Arm cuff (Cuff: arm circumference 22-42 cm) L. Air Plug M. Air Tube...
1. Overview Display N. Systolic blood pressure V. User ID symbol (A or B) (Indicates user A or user B as O. Diastolic blood pressure selected by the user to take a P. Heartbeat symbol measurement or when using 1. (Flashes during measurement) the memory function.)
1. Overview Package Contents AE.Soft storage bag • Instruction manual AF. Four “AA” alkaline (LR6) • Guarantee card batteries • Blood pressure pass AG.USB cable • Blood Pressure Monitor unit AH.CD-ROM (Blood pressure • Installation guide (for Blood management software)
Put the battery cover back in place. Slide the battery cover as indicated, until it clicks into place. Note: The measurement values continue to be stored in memory even after the batteries are replaced.
• Remove the batteries if the unit will not be used for three months or more. • If the batteries have been removed for more than 30 seconds, the Date/Time setting will need to be reset.
To make use of the memory and average values functions: • Set the unit to the correct date and time before taking a measurement for the first time. • If the batteries have been removed for more than 30 seconds, the Date/Time setting will need to be reset.
2. Preparation Repeat steps 2 and 3 to set the month. The month is set and the day digits flash on the display. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to set the day. The day is set and the hour digits flash on the display.
Notes on Adjusting the Date and Time Setting If you need to adjust the date and time for some reason, or if the date and time has been reset after replacing the batteries, adjust the date and time between 10:00 and 18:59.
It will not automatically turn off after the minutes have been set. Notes: • Please ensure that the date and time have been set correctly so that the weekly averages will be displayed correctly. If the Date/Time settings have been accidentally set incorrectly, press the SET button to circle through the settings in order to adjust to their correct values.
You can take a measurement on either your left or right arm. Notes: • Measurements should be taken in a quiet place and you should be in a relaxed, seated position. Make sure that the room is not too hot or cold.
Notes: • Correct posture during measurement is necessary to get accurate results. • You should also try to measure your blood pressure at the same time each day. (Within 1 hour after waking up is recommended.) Incorrect Posture • Arched back (leaning forwards) •...
The cuff must be fully deflated when it is inserted into the air jack. Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor and place your arm on a table so that the cuff will be at the same level as your...
Fabric fastener Turn the palm of your hand upward. Apply the cuff to your upper arm so that the blue strip is centred on the middle of your inner arm and points down the inside of the arm. The air tube should run down the inside of your forearm and be in line with your middle finger.
The cuff should be 1 to 2 cm above the elbow. • If used 2 times per day, the cuff will last for 3 years. • The blood pressure can differ between the right arm and the left arm, and therefore also the measured blood pressure values can be different.
Taking a Reading The unit is designed to take measurements and store the measurement values in the memory for two people using user ID A and user ID B. The unit can also be used to take a single measurement for other persons using the guest mode.
ID selected. These measurement values are used to calculate the morning averages and evening averages. Slide the user ID selection switch up or down to select user A or B. Using the User ID When you select a user ID the unit can be set to take one...
Using the Single Mode Select your user ID (A or B). Press the O/I START button. All symbols appear on the display. The user ID symbol you selected flashes on the display. The cuff starts to inflate automatically. As the cuff inflates, the unit automatically determines your ideal inflation level.
• Self-diagnosis of measured results and treatment are dangerous. Please follow the instructions of your doctor. • Wait 2-3 minutes before taking another blood pressure measurement. Waiting between readings allows the arteries to return to the condition prior to taking the blood pressure measurement.
3. Using the Unit Selecting the Auto Mode Auto Mode may be selected for either A or B user. Make sure the unit is powered off. Select your user ID (A or B). Press and hold the SET button. The auto mode symbol ( ) and the oFF setting appears on the display.
Press the MEMORY button ( ) to change the interval of time between each measurement. The interval can be set to 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds or 120 seconds. Continue to press the MEMORY button until the desired interval appears on the display.
) flashes at every heartbeat. When the measurement is complete, the arm cuff completely deflates. Note: Do not move your arm and remain still until the entire measurement process is completed. Check the progress of the consecutive measurements. The first measurement is complete, waiting to start the next measurement.
Note: During the Auto Mode the unit will repeat the measurement in case of an error. After 3 errors the unit will stop taking further measurements. If only two measurements are successful the average of these two measurements will be displayed.
If the irregular heartbeats cause the measurement to be invalid, no result is shown. If the irregular heartbeat symbol ( ) is shown after you have taken a measurement, repeat the measurement.
Arrhythmia can only be diagnosed by a doctor through a special examination. Whether the appearance of the irregular heartbeat symbol ) in the results indicates arrhythmia or not can only be determined by an examination and diagnosis by your doctor. If the irregular heartbeat symbol ( ) is shown frequently, please make your doctor aware of it.
3. Using the Unit Instructions for Special Conditions If your systolic pressure is known to be more than 220 mmHg, press and hold the O/I START button until the arm cuff inflates 30 to 40 mmHg higher than your suspected systolic pressure.
3. Using the Unit Using the Memory Function The unit is designed to store the blood pressure and the pulse rate in the memory for two people (user A and user B) every time a measurement is completed. The unit automatically stores up to 84 sets of measurement values (blood pressure and pulse rate) for each user (A and B).
Note: The date and time are alternately displayed with the measurement values. Alternating display Press the MEMORY button to display the next set of values. Press and hold the MEMORY button to display the values faster. Auto mode The average for the consecutive measurements appears on the display with the auto mode symbol ( ).
( ) and evening ( ). The unit stores 8 weeks of morning averages and 8 weeks of evening averages for each user (A and B). Note: The week begins Sunday at 4:00 AM Morning Averages Morning averages are based on the first average reading using the auto mode or the first reading using the single mode.
This is the average for measurements taken during the morning (4:00 AM-9:59 AM) between Sunday and Saturday. An average for each day is calculated for up to three measurements taken within 10 minutes of the first measurement of the morning.
) or the evening average button ( ) to display the previous weeks. The unit displays “-1 WEEK” for the previous week to “-7 WEEK” for the oldest set of averages. Note: If there are not enough measurements taken in a week to calculate the average the display will appear as illustrated.
3. Using the Unit Notes on Display Combinations In addition to the morning average and evening average symbols, the unit may also display the morning hypertension symbol if the morning average for that week is above the home blood pressure guideline.
To Delete All Values Stored in the Memory The values stored in the memory are deleted by user ID. You cannot partially delete values stored in the memory. All values for the user you select will be deleted. Select your ID (A or B).
Installation Guide and use the help function in the software application. Use only the authorized OMRON USB cable sold with this unit. Use of any other cable may cause damage to the unit and will void the user warranty. Open the USB connector jack cover.
Note: Remove any tight-fitting clothing from your upper arm. Sit on a chair with your feet flat on the floor and place your arm on a table so that the arm cuff will be at the same level as your heart.
5. Handling Errors and Problems Error Messages Error Display Cause Remedy Cuff is under inflated. Movement during Carefully read and repeat the steps measurement. listed under Chapter 3.3. Cuff over inflated. Replace all four “AA” batteries with new ones. Batteries have run down.
Push the air plug heard. firmly into the air jack. The blood pressure is Blood pressure readings constantly vary with time of different each time. The measurement and nervous condition. Take deep reading is extremely low breaths to relax before taking a measurement.
• Do not fold the cuff or tubing tightly. • Do not disassemble the unit. • Do not carry out repairs of any kind yourself. If a defect occurs, consult the OMRON distributor or Customer Services as mentioned on the packaging, or seek the advice of your surgical appliance stockist or pharmacist.
Insert batteries into the battery compartment even when using the AC adapter. Notes: • Never plug in or unplug the power cord from the electric outlet with wet hands. • Use only the original AC adapter designed for this unit. Use of unsupported adapters may damage the unit.
Cuff, instruction manual, soft storage bag, battery set, guarantee card, blood pressure pass, USB cable, CD-ROM, installation guide Note: Subject to technical modification without prior notice. = Type B This device fulfils the previsions of EC directive 93/42/EEC (Medical Device Directive).
Household users should contact either the retailer where they purchased this product, or their local government office, for details of where and how they can take this item for environmentally safe recycling. Business users should contact their supplier and check the terms and conditions of the purchase contract.
Why is it a Good Thing to measure Blood Pressure at Home? Having your blood pressure measured by a doctor can cause anxiety which is itself a cause of high blood pressure. As a variety of conditions affect blood pressure, a single measurement may not be sufficient for an accurate diagnosis.
100 110 (mmHg) This classification is based on the blood pressure values measured on people in a sitting position in outpatient departments of hospitals. Note: There is no universally accepted definition of hypotension. However, those having the systolic pressure below 100 mmHg...
9. Some Useful Information about Blood Pressure OMRON HEALTHCARE UK LTD. Subsidiary Opal Drive Fox Milne, Milton Keynes MK15 0DG, United Kingdom OMRON Medizintechnik Handelsgesellschaft m.b.H. Subsidiary Windeckstr. 81a, 68163 Mannheim, Germany www.omron-medizintechnik.de OMRON SANTÉ FRANCE SAS Subsidiary 14, rue de Lisbonne, 93561 Rosny-sous-Bois Cedex, France OMRON HEALTHCARE CO., LTD.
9. Some Useful Information about Blood Pressure...