3-Wire Cable from Power Supply to 3-Wire Cable from
Cooktop - U.S. only
IMPORTANT: Use the 3-wire cable from power supply where
local codes permit connecting the frame-ground conductor to
the neutral (white) junction box wire.
A. Red wires
B. Bare or green wire from
C. 3-wire cable (from cooktop)
D. Junction box
1. Connect the 2 black wires together using the UL listed wire
2. Connect the 2 red wires together using the UL listed wire
3. Connect the green or bare cooktop cable wires to the white
(neutral) wire in the junction box using the UL listed wire
4. Install junction box cover.
E. White wire (from power
F. UL listed wire connector
G. Black wires
H. UL listed or CSA approved
Attach Cooktop to Countertop
NOTE: This section applies only if you are using clamping
A. Glass cooktop
B. Cooktop base
C. Attachment screw
D. Clamping bracket (extends
far enough beyond cooktop
base to allow installation of
1. Place the 2½" (6.4 cm) clamping screws into the outermost
hole in the clamping bracket.
2. Check that the cooktop is still level.
3. Use a screwdriver to tighten the screws against the
countertop. Do not overtighten.
1. Check that all parts are now installed. If there is an extra part,
go back through the steps to see which step was skipped.
2. Check that you have all your tools.
3. Dispose of/recycle all packaging materials.
4. Use a mild solution of liquid household cleaner and warm
water to clean cooktop before use. Dry thoroughly with a soft
cloth. For more information, see the "Cooktop Care" section
of the Use and Care Guide.
5. Read "Cooktop Use" in the cooktop Use and Care Guide.
6. Reconnect power.
NOTE: If the cooktop does not work after turning on the power,
check that a circuit breaker has not tripped or a household fuse
has not blown. See "Troubleshooting" section in the Use and
Care Guide for further information.
If you need Assistance or Service:
Please reference the "Assistance or Service" section of the Use
and Care Guide or contact the dealer from whom you purchased
E. 2½" (6.4 cm) clamping screw
G. Foam seal